I hate to bring this matter up yet again, but don't you have anything better to do than post scathing attacks against the Catholic Church?
You didn't provide ANYTHING. From Scripture or elsewhere.
Just a lot of claims. And then some far-flung attempt to "connect" invisible dots of your own creation. This has NOTHING to do with substantiating it "From Scripture alone."
What you so powerfully, so boldly, so undeniably documented is that the DOGMA is entirely baseless (at least in terms of Scripture). I could not possibly have stated this as clearly as you yourself have done.
you spend an unprecedented amount of your time crapping on it.
1. Quote me where I "crap" on anything or anyone.
2. Read this: http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums/catholic-forum/anti-catholic-anti-protestant-%28especially-for-catholics-to-read%29/ Is the proverbial shoe actually on YOUR foot?
3. How do personal flames reveal that Scripture alone substantiates the
Dogma of the Assumption of Mary?
1. Well, the post on this thread where you compared us to the Mormons, for a start.
1. Searching this thread.... searching, searching..... looking for where I said "crap."
Searching.... searching..... Nope, can't find it.
2. Um, looking for where I "compared" the RCC and LDS denomination (as if that would be a bad thing)..... searching..... searching..... Nope, can't find it.
3. Searching for where "Scripture alone" teaches the DOGMA of the Assumption of Mary. Nope. Nothing.
2. I read that thread
Perhaps you are more "anti" me and my church than I am to you and yours. If so, then the proverbial "shoe" is actually on your foot. Let all read the thread. It's rather stunningly obvious, I think.
3. I'm not going to bother explaining this to you any further. Lighthammer explained to you in detail how the Assumption of Mary is supported in Scripture
No. All that can read know what he did was make a claim and then attempt to "connect" a series of "dots" of his own creation. He never even attempted to present any Scriptures that teach the Dogma of the Assumption of Mary. I think that's both undeniable and obvious.
Yes, it COULD be that in his mind, his own INTERPRETATION of some things fits his opinion. It's fairly common (All Mormons known to me also think that their INTERPRETATION of things fits their opinion). But the opinion of self agreeing with the opinion of self is unrelated to the issue of "Scripture alone" teaching something. Apples and oranges. I think we all suspect self to agree with self, that doesn 't mean that Scripture does.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.
I have better than 20/20 sight. And I'm proficient at reading. If our brother had verse(s) that reveal that Mary was assumed into heaven upon her death (or undeath) he would have quoted them and I would be able to both see and read them. So would all.