Brother I would take a different angle entirely from the one currently being emphasized. I don't wish to belittle efforts of others, and I do believe in God''s ability and willingness to heal. However, this is not always what God's will is for the individual, and I wouldn't want you to question God's faithfulness or love should He not decide to miraculously heal in this instance.
Instead I would redirect you to Paul's thorn in his side; which he was allowed to endure to the end of his days.
Paul’s Vision and His Thorn
12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Instead I would redirect you to:
1 Peter 1:6-7(NIV)
6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
Instead I would redirect you to:
1 Peter 4:12(NIV)
Suffering for Being a Christian
12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
Brother it is said that only 10% of life is what happens to us/what we endure. The other 90% of it is how we respond to these things. The enemy
is cunning, and seeks to cause you emotional distress. He seeks to plant seeds of doubt, sorrow, self condemnation, feelings of low self-worth. He would afflict you to quench your spirit and deter you from faith in God in spite of circumstances. Do not be so mistaken; it is not the "illness," that is the more serious attack; but those things he would plant in your heart and mind to mentally, emotionally and spiritually incapacitate you. We do well to remember that "our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in the spiritual realms." This is where the enemy is currently taking ground from you brother. Of course it is not easy, of course it is not enviable; but you must fight against these feelings. Look at the verse here:
2 Corinthians 10:5(NIV)
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
This specifically refers to recognizing the thoughts that would lead you to emotional, mental and spiritual anguish. When they even begin to surface, bind them, proclaim Christ's supremacy over them, and command them in the Name of Jesus to let you alone! it is far easier to overcome these things before they are allowed to take root and give birth to other wicked thoughts, ideas and perspectives.
In the end brother, remember Peter as he stepped out of the boat and walked on the lake towards Jesus. So long as his focus was on Christ; he did not falter. It was only when he began to focus on the wind and waves that he began to sink. Keep your eyes on the solution and the problem is a much smaller obstacle I assure you. Romans 8:28 tells us: "And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose." But it doesn't promise it will be easy along the way. Stay blessed brother. If you ever need any other solid, scripturally sound counsel I am happy to assist.