Yummy Key Lime Pie
Note: If you can't find Key Limes at your store, use regular Lime Juice in a bottle. Most people think it tastes so close to Key limes they can't tell the difference.Ingredients:
- 1 8" Deep Dish Grambcracker Pie Crust.
- 4 Egg Yokes.
- 3/4 Cup Key Lime Juice.
- 2 14oz Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- 1 Fresh Lime (for garnish).
- 2 8oz Cartons of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Powdered Sugar.
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla.
1. Preheat oven to 350f.
2. Start by soaking unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk in warm water for 10 minutes.
3. While milk is warming, separate 4 large eggs and place yokes in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Pour 1 can of warm condensed milk into bowl with egg yokes and blend with hand mixer on lowest speed. When blended, pour 2nd can of condensed milk into mixture and mix until well blended*
5. Slowly blend 3/4 cup of lime juice into egg/milk mixture until well blended*
6. Pour pie mixture into pie shell and place in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Watch pie closely and do not allow top of pie to brown.
7. Place pie on rack and cool to room temperature, then place pie in refrigerator until chilled (about 1 1/2 hours).
8. Just before serving, pour heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Blend on high speed until soft peaks form and stand up by themselves. Do not overwhip.
9. Spread whipped cream evenly over top of pie. Cut fresh lime in half lengthwise, then cut thin slices to use as garnish.*
Make sure to blend slowly so you don't allow air to get trapped in the mixture. If your electric hand mixer is too fast, use a whisk.
Calories: 956,421 per slice.