- Genesis 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD, which am but dust and ashes:
We are dust and ashes. Dust because we're formed from the "dust of the ground
," [Gen.2:7] and ashes because we sacrifice our flesh, our carnal nature, on the altar as we have "taken upon me to speak unto the Lord
," to abide with Him.
- Leviticus 6:10-11 And the priest shall put on his linen garment, and his linen breeches shall he put upon his flesh, and take up the ashes which the fire hath consumed with the burnt offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar. And he shall put off his garments, and put on other garments, and carry forth the ashes without the camp unto a clean place.
Our flesh has no place in His kingdom and must be crucified. All vestiges of our flesh, our ashes, shall be "without the camp
," away from His kingdom.....
- 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.
What is the fire that turns our flesh to ashes?
- Jeremiah 23:29 Is not My word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels He saith, Who maketh His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire.
He baptizes us with fire...with His Word! Our flesh becomes ashes as we become His ministers ministering that fire! However, as Christ baptizes us with fire....fire is part of Satan's plan but his fire, his words, are lies, deception, death!
- Revelation 9:17-18 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone. By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
The fire of the Lord can bring healing to some and pain to others....As His ministers we are to speak His truth, His fire and that Word, that Sword is a "two-edged sword
." With it we.....
- Malachi 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
Revelation 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
So where we read of Satan and what he has done.......
- Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
......We know what the fire is that He brings forth from the midst of Satan's kingdom. It is the Word of the Lord in us and we are in his midst! They are the ashes we trod under our feet.