Jeremiah 30:24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until He have done it, and until He have performed the intents of His heart: IN THE LATTER DAYS
ye shall consider it.
- This thread begins at the last verse in the chapter so we know this prophecy the Lord spoke to Jeremiah is....in The Latter Days.
Jeremiah 30:2-4 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book. For, lo, the days come
, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of My people Israel and Judah
, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah
- "For, lo, the days come," the latter days come! This prophecy is about...the latter days. His children are gathered into the "land I gave to their fathers," which is....the promised land. The promised land is not a dusty piece of ground somewhere but is to be with Him. Our land is the kingdom of God. We are now being gathered.
He is The Lord God of Israel, all twelve tribes but notice that they are separated into two factions....Israel and Judah. The two houses of the twelve tribes of Israel are...the house of Israel, who are the ten northern tribes, many of today's Christians and the house of Judah, consisting of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin...the Jews. To make it even more Israel, all tribes, are also referred to as Jacob (for that was the name He changed to Israel) and....at times the house of Israel is referred to as Ephraim, for that was the largest of the ten tribes and they all go under his banner.
30:7-9 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it
: It is even the time of Jacob's trouble
; but he shall be saved out of it
. For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck
, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him: But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
The Lord will "break his yoke from off thy neck."
Who placed the yoke and who do they/we
serve for this event was a forshadowing of the latter days
...the time of Jacob's trouble
and we are included in that trouble. The yoke is on our necks. Going back a few chapters we see what the yoke is and who placed it.
- The prophet Hananiah, "spake unto me in the house of the LORD, in the presence of the priests and of all the People, saying, "Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying, "I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. Within two full years will I bring again into this place all the vessels of the LORD's house, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took away from this place, and carried them to Babylon:" [28:1-3]
28:10-11 Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke from off the prophet Jeremiah's neck, and brake it. And Hananiah spake in the presence of all the people, saying, "Thus saith the LORD; 'Even so will I break the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all nations within the space of two full years.' " And the prophet Jeremiah went his way.
28:12-14 Then the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the prophet, after that Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, saying, "Go and tell Hananiah, saying, 'Thus saith the LORD; 'Thou hast broken the yokes of wood; but thou shalt make for them yokes of iron. For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; 'I have put a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the beasts of the field also.''"
28:15-17 Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, "Hear now, Hananiah; The LORD hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie. Therefore thus saith the LORD; 'Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD.' " So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.
Hananiah, a false prophet, said "the Lord saith
" and the Lord "spake to him
," when the Lord DID NOT speak to him or saith
. He lied and he was "teaching rebellion against the Lord
," in the name of the Lord! Christ warned us....."For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many
." [Mark 13:6] Many come saying, "I am Christ...I am Christian
" and they lie! How was the teaching of the yoke being removed considered "rebellion
We are placed under that iron yoke by our Father and only He will remove it. Notice that it is Hananiah that "makes the yokes of iron
." The Lord puts the yokes, made by false prophets, on the nations and He removes those yokes by belief in Him and repentance. We will serve under the king of Babylon in the latter days! That is the yoke of iron (when you read of iron consider the image of the beast who had feet of iron and clay
) that God places on us. We are to experience that yoke. Hananiah, the false prophet
....was a type for......
- Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
The unclean spirts are what is spoken....out of their mouths
...lies and great deception. They, as did Hananiah, lie and say "the Lord has taken the yoke away....you'll be saved and won't experience the great tribulation of Satan
." DECEPTION! The reason our Father places this yoke on His children is.....
- Jeremiah 31:18-19 I have surely heard Ephraim, bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
This false prophet (and there are many
), are the ones of the latter days who will also "makest this people to trust in a lie
lie is written of in.....
- 11 Thessalonians 2:7-12 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
That lie is part of the yoke God places on us to turn us to Him. If we don't have "the love of the truth
," and remain stubborn in what we have been taught by man, false prophets, then...we may well continue to believe a lie and take pleasure in it. We are to experience Jacob's Trouble
...we will not be raptured away and during that time.....
2 Chronicles 15:4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the LORD God
of Israel, and sought Him, He was found of them.
Nehemiah 9:26-27 Nevertheless they were disobedient, and rebelled against Thee, and cast Thy law behind their backs, and slew Thy prophets which testified against them to turn them to Thee
, and they wrought great provocations. Therefore Thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies
, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto Thee, Thou heardest them
from heaven; and according to Thy manifold mercies Thou gavest them saviours
, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.
- Who are the "saviours?" His elect, His man child, the apostles and prophets that allow the Holy Spirit to speak through them. They are the "voice of the bridegroom" speaking in the world. In the above passage it is important to recognize who "slew Thy prophets?" It wasn't the enemy....it was believers! That lets us know who lives in the great city Babylon.......
Revelation 18:21, 23-24 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. (23-24) And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Psalm 20:1 The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble
; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion
: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a Rock
Daniel 11:43-45, 12:1 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble,
such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
During the time of trouble it is deception that allows him to destroy and take away many....deception is what he uses as his great fury to destroy. And he shall "destroy wonderfully
." [Daniel 8:24]