Gen.6:6, “And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented (He regretted) the LORD (Jesus) the he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” In verse 7 the LORD repeats what he said in verse 6, but this time he includes with man, the beasts, and the creeping things and the fouls of the air. “For it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.”
The Father in heaven was the offended party, and now a plan of salvation had to be effected. And here we go again, just as it was in the days of Noah.
Following are some eye- opening stats you can digest.
1. World War Two, 1939 to 1945, 40 to 85 million people were killed and many millions displaced.
2. From 1850 to 1864 20 million people died in China during the Taiping Rebellion.
3. From 140 to 280 A.D. in China, 36 to 40 million were killed in the three kingdoms war.
4. In the years 1206 to 1368 A.D. 30 to 40 million people died in the Mongol conquests. This does not include up to 200 million deaths from the Black Death migration.
5. From 1492 to 1691, it is estimated, due to a lack of consensus that from 8 million to 137 million people were killed in the Conquest of the Americas.
6. China; the Qing dynasties conquest of the Ming Dynasty some 25 million
7. In the Spanish conquests of Mexico, 24 million people were murdered.
8. China between 1937 and 1945 the Japanese murdered 20 to 25 million people.
9. From 1914 to 1918 15 to 18 million people were murdered.
1. In 1931 1 to 4 million were killed in the China floods.
2. In 1887 1 to 2 million were killed in the Yellow River flood.
3. In China, 800,000 died in the 1556 Shaanxi earthquake.
4. In India, 300,000 thousand died in the India cyclone of 1839.
5. In 1737, some 300,000 died in Calcutta India cyclone.
6. 280,000 died in the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and Tsunami.
7. 273,000 died in the Haiyuan earthquake in China, 1920.
8. During the Byzantine Empire, now Turkey in 536 A.D. 250,000 to 300,000 died in the Antioch earthquake.
1. Between 165 and 180 A.D. some 30% of the population, 5 million died in Europe, Western Asia, and Northern Africa of smallpox.
2. Between 541-42 in Europe 25 to 50 million or 40% of the population died of the plague.
3. In Europe, Asia and North Africa between 1346 and 1350 30 to 60% of the population, 75 to 200 million people died of the Black Death.
4. Millions died in the British Isles between 664 and 747 A.D. of plague.
5. 80% of the population in Mexico 5-15 million people died of viral hemorrhagic fever.
6. Another Two + million died in Mexico in 1576 of viral hemorrhagic fever.
7. 30 to 90% of the population of Southern New England, especially the Wampanoag people died of leptospirosis with Weil syndrome, or yellow fever.
8. In 429 to 426 B.C. 75 to 100 thousand people died of plague, possibly typhus.
9. Between 1918 and 1920 it is estimated that 75 million died of the Spanish flu.
10. Between 1957 and 58 2 million died of the Asian flu.
Million more have died over the centuries of malaria, measles, yellow fever, Bubonic plague, Influenza and smallpox.
Is there any doubt Satan is the prince of this world?