We now have three links in a Scripture chain:
Jeremiah 11 ~ Romans 11 ~ Revelation 11
Jeremiah 11:16 speaks of the Olive Tree of YHWH, the Great Husbandman, who planted it Himself and tells us that it consists of the house of Judah and the house of Israel. Rom.11 then uses the same analogy of the same Olive Tree to show that we as believers in Yeshua are grafted into that Olive Tree of YHWH and that Christ is the root. In the beginning of the Romans passage Paul gives another critical link which concerns Elijah and the 7000 reserved unto YHWH; men of Israel not having bowed the knee to Baal.
2. The Theos hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to the Theo against Israel, saying,
3. Kurie, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4. But what saith He the answer unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to Baal.
5. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
The Romans 11 passage links 1 Kings 19 and Revelation 11 into the chain of Scripture references. It also links Samaria-Israel-Damascus-Syria. To wit, the 1Kgs.19 passage, because Elijah was a prophet sent to the northern kingdom of Israel, (ie. Ahab king of Israel) which at that time included Damascus-Syria and Elijah even was told in the passage to anoint Hazael to be the next king over Syria.
1 Kings 19:14-18
14. And he said, I have been very jealous for the YHWH 'Elohey Tsabaoth! for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
15. And YHWH said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:
16. And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room.
17. And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.
18. Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
These 7000 are spoken of also in three places; here above, and again we have the quote by Paul in Rom.11, and finally they appear again in Rev.11:13. The 7000, just like the 144000, are symbolic of the TENTH which would be saved out of the great city; which are slain in spirit, spiritually-supernally speaking, for not bowing the knee to Baal, which is idolatry and-or self worship. And when they are slain they are named; they are given new names or surnamed, (Rev.2:17). The misunderstanding of this is why most English translations leave out the fact that the word for "NAMES" (Grk. "onoma") is in the text. These are 7000 NAMES and they are themselves the typology of the Remnant. We have therefore all of the great city involved in the Rev.11 passage: Judah-Negev is Egypt-Sodom where also our Master Yeshua was crucified and Ephraim-Samaria-Israel is the TENTH of the city which will be felled-slain-saved.
8. And the carcasses of them [shall be] about-upon the broad place of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where-[soever] also the Kurios of them was crucified.
9. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their carcasses three days and a hemisu, and shall not suffer their carcasses to be put in tombs.
10. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts [sacrifice] one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11. And after three days and a hemisu the Spirit of life from the Theou entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them: "Anabatehode!" And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies [spirit] watched them.
13. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and were slain in the earthquake the names of men: seven thousand; and the-[those] remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the Theou of heaven.
As for Judah-Egypt-Sodom where the "two witnesses" are slain; is this not the Gospel of Christ crucified? The Gospel is Christ crucified: and we who believe are "crucified" with Christ.
1 Corinthians 1:22-29
22. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23. But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christou is Theou Power, and Theou Wisdom.
25. Because the foolishness of the Theou is wiser than men; and the weakness of the Theou is stronger than men.
26. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27. But the Theos hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and the Theos hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28. And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath the Theos chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29. That no flesh should glory in his presence.
20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christos liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of the Theou, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
The entirety of the Revelation 11 passage is all inclusive for the saints but there are separate sections which are necessary to include the different portions of Scripture which are referenced. Ephraim-Samaria-Israel is included by the TENTH of the city having fallen. This "fallen" is probably not to mean "destroyed" but rather fallen to their knees in thanksgiving to YHWH and His Son when they are healed by the Son and finally see the truth. Rev.11:13 is a specific reference to the northern tribes of Joseph-Ephraim-Samaria-Israel and the prophecy that a TENTH of them would be purged and brought back out from the nations.
1. Hear ye this word which I take up against you, even a lamentation, O house of Israel.
2. The virgin of Israel is fallen; she shall no more rise: she is forsaken upon her land; there is none to raise her up.
3. For thus saith 'Adonay YHWH; The city that went out by a thousand shall be left an hundred, and that which went forth by an hundred shall leave ten, to the house of Israel.
This clearly prophesies that a TENTH shall be left when the purging and cleansing is done. Amos continues with the wormwood-bitterwater curse, (a reference to Numbers 5) and the "Seven Stars" which are likely a reference to the great congregation-ekklesia and the seven stars or seven messengers of the seven churches in the right hand of Christ Yeshua, (Rev.1:20).
4. For thus saith YHWH unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:
5. But seek not Bethel, nor enter into Gilgal, and pass not to Beersheba: for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, and Bethel shall come to nought.
6. Seek YHWH, and ye shall live; lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and devour it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel.
7. Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,
8. Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: YHWH is his name.
20. The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the messengers of the seven churches-ekklesia: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches-ekklesia.
Finally this TENTH of the great city is represented in the TEN lepers from Samaria which were cleansed. Yet only one of them was actually "made whole" in the process. The reason for this being for the same old reason; because those children of Israel which died off in the wilderness had died off because they murmured and were ungrateful along the way. For with a mighty hand YHWH had led them forth from Egypt, showing many mighty miracles and signs; even parting the Red Sea so that they were able to cross on dry ground while Pharaoh and his army were swallowed up in the sea and drowned behind them. YHWH 'Elohiym carried them on the wings of a great eagle and brought them unto himself; (Exo.19:4, Rev.12:14) yet those who did not make it through the wilderness were the prideful, those full of the lust for flesh, (eat, drink, and play) the murmuring, and the ungrateful; and for this reason they did not enter into the Rest of YHWH in his Promised Land. In the same way the Ten Lepers are "cleansed" as they begin to walk according to the Way in which Yeshua the Commander had commanded them to walk, (to go and show themselves to the priests). And only when they had begun to walk in that Way were they cleansed along the way, yet only one is ever said to be made whole.
11. And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
12. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Commander, [GSN#1988 epistates] Yeshua, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice gave glory to the Theon,
16. And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
17. And the Yeshua answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18. There are not found that returned to give glory to the Theo, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
Understand that all TEN were cleansed,
Yet only one "leper" returned to give thanks,
This one "died" to himself and was made whole,
Yea, even a full "Tenth Part" of the great city had fallen,
Fallen at the feet of Christ giving thanks and glorifying YHWH …