Appearances of Jehovah in the Old Testament as the Son of God
1. To Adam in the Garden of Eden. Genesis 3:8. ‘They heard the voice of the LORD God walking in…’
2. To the Tower of Babel. Genesis 11:5,7. ‘The LORD came down to see the city and the tower..’
3. To Abram. Genesis 12:7.‘The LORD appeared unto Abram & said, Unto thy seed will I give this land’
4. To Abram to make a covenant with him. Genesis 15:17. ‘a smoking furnace & a burning lamp passed’
5. To Hagar as the Angel of Jehovah. Genesis 16:7,9,10,11,13
6. To Abraham and Sarah to announce the conception of Isaac. Genesis 17:1
7. To Abraham to discuss the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Genesis 18:1,2,21,33 and 19:24.
8. To Sarah to conceive Isaac. Genesis 21:1-4. ‘The LORD visited Sarah as he had said…’
9. To Hagar and Ishmael when cast out by Sarah in the desert. Genesis 21:9-21,17.
10. To Abraham when sacrificing Isaac. Genesis 22:10-18,11,15,16.
11. To Abraham’s servant getting a wife for Isaac at Haran. Genesis 24:40
12. To Isaac forbidding him going to Egypt. Genesis 26:1-6.
13. To Isaac at Beersheba after digging wells. Genesis 26:24.
14. To Jacob at the top of a ladder from earth to heaven. Genesis 28:13
15. To wrestle with Jacob and change his name to Israel. Genesis 32:24-30.
16. To Jacob to change his name to Israel. Genesis 35:9.
Jacob recounts to Joseph how God Almighty appeared to him at Luz (Gen 35:6) to bless him. (Gen 48:3)
17. To Moses at the burning bush as the angel of Jehovah, as Jehovah God, to go to Pharaoh (Ex. 3:1-18)
18. To Moses to give him signs to prove to Israel that God has appeared to him. (Exodus 4:1-5)
19. To kill Moses in the inn, because Moses neglected to circumcise his son. (Exodus 4:24-26).
20. Recounted to Moses how He appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty. (Ex. 6:3)
21. To Israel leaving Egypt in a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night. (Exodus 13:21,22).
22. To Israel at the Red Sea as the angel of God to separate them from Pharaoh’s armies. (Exod 14:19,20)
23. To Pharaoh’s armies pursuing Israel in the Red Sea to take off their chariot wheels. (Exod 14:24,25)
24. To Israel, standing on the rock in Horeb, when Moses smote the rock to give water. (Exodus 17:5-7
25. To Israel at Mount Sinai, to give Moses the ten commandments. (Exodus 19:11,17-20).
26. To Israel in the wilderness as an Angel to lead Israel into Canaan. (Exodus 23:20,21,23).
27. To Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, 70 elders at Mt Sinai to give the 10 Commandments. (24:10,11,17)
28. To Moses in the clift of a rock to see God’s back parts. (‘Thou shalt see my back parts’ Exodus 33:23)
29. To Moses at Mt Sinai to get the 10 Commandments. (‘LORD descended in a cloud & stood’ Ex. 34:5)
30. To Moses & Israel in the tabernacle. ‘the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.’ (Exodus 40:34,38).
31. To Moses from the tabernacle to instruct on offerings. (LORD called unto Moses and spake’ Lev.1:1)
32. To all Israel. (‘the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people. There came a fire out..’ Lev 9:23)
33. To Moses after the death of Nadab and Abihu. (I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat. Lev 16:2
34. To Moses in the tabernacle to number Israel. (LORD spake unto Moses..in the tabernacle. Numbers 1:1
35. To Moses in the tabernacle.‘he heard the voice of one speaking to him from off the mercy seat. Num7:89
36. To Israel in the wilderness. So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, & the appearance of fire by night.9:16
37. To put Moses spirit on 70 elders. ‘The LORD came down in a cloud and spake unto him..’ Num 11:25
38. To rebuke Miriam for criticizing Moses. ‘The LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.’ Numbers 12:5
39. To all the congregation when Korah led a rebellion against Moses. Numbers 16:19,42
40. To Balaam as the angel of the LORD when visiting Balak to curse Israel. Numbers 22:9,20-35.
41. To Moses before His death in the door of the tabernacle. Deut. 31:14,15. ‘the LORD appeared in tab’
42. To Joshua as the Captain of the host of the LORD. Joshua 5:13-15.
43. To Joshua and Israel at Bochim. Judges 2:1-4. (‘the similitude of the LORD shall he behold’ Num 12:8
44. To Gideon to deliver Israel from Midian. Judges 6:12,14,16,20,21.
45. To Manoah and his wife to declare the birth of Samson. Judges 13:3,9,13,16-18,20-22.
46. To Samuel as a boy. ‘The LORD came and stood and called as at other times, Samuel.’ I Sam. 3:9-14
47. To Solomon and Israel at Temple dedication in 1004BC. I Kings 8:10,11. ‘glory of the LORD filled.’
48. To destroy 185,000 Assyrian soldiers surrounding Jerusalem in 710 BC. 2 Kings 19:35; Isaiah 37:36.
49. To Shadrach, Meshach, Abed-nego in a furnace. ‘form of the fourth is like the Son of God’Daniel 3:25