"For the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
afterwards we who are living, who are remaining over, shall be caught away to join them (NEB) through the clouds to meet the Lord in air, and so always with the Lord we shall be."
My KJV doesn't have the word "afterwards" I guess thus was added later....
See that word makes all the difference in our two bibles....
My bible teaches at one time and yours teaches something else..
What version is your bible that has this word?
See there thinker? It is better just to adhere to the original meaning of the word whenever possible because those who love and worship King James and his "Ye Olde English" words are not going to believe the Truth when they see it anyways, even if you post it for a full chilia ete! AGAIN ~
EPI - EITA = THERE(UPON)AFTER
As a particle of SUCCESSION in TIME or logical ENUMERATION
LIKE STONES IN THE LAYERED BUILDING PROCESS OF A TEMPLEOriginal Strong's Ref. #1899
and GSN1534; thereafter:
KJV--after that(-ward), then.Original Strong's Ref. #1909
a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the genitive case], i.e. over, upon,
etc.; of rest (with the det.) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:Original Strong's Ref. #1534
of uncertain affinity; a particle of succession (in time or logical enumeration), then, moreover:
KJV--after that(-ward), furthermore, then. See also GSN1899.1 Corinthians 15:23
23. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; THEREAFTER they that are Christ's at his parousia.
1 Thessalonians 4:17
17. THEREAFTER we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Regarding 1 Thessalonians 5:23 Stephen is the example of what it means. The body is one "entity" because "the flesh profiteth nothing" and the deeds of it need to be "mortified-killed-crucified" with Christ. This is because it is full of EVIL
, and thus, ENTITY
. The soul of the man is also entity because the soul IS
the man as you know and understand. However, the word for spirit also means breeze, wind, or BREATH
, which means it is TESTIMONY
in this instance. Stephen gives his full testimony in Acts 7 and this is the "spirit" of which Paul speaks in 1 Thessalonians 5:23. Stephen offers up his FULL TESTIMONY
throughout the chapter and then cries out at the End:Acts 7:55-59 KJV
55. But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56. And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
57. Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
58. And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
59. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Then he received a white stone, and a new name written: Stephanas.1 Corinthians 1:14-15 KJV
14. I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15. Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
16. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
1 Corinthians 16:15-16 KJV
15. I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)
16. That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth.
The King James worshippers will lie to you and sware that Stephen was buried because King James and his court said so: therefore King James is their god.