What is a sinner? Every living human being is born into sin, and needs a Saviour. We all begin the race for eternal glory, bathed in sin.
1. All men have inherited the sin of Adam. There are also many types of sin, and many ways to commit sin. Sin is to transgress the commandments of God, refusing to conform to His will.
2. If anyone say they are without sin, they call God a liar.
3. Even the creation groans.
4. There is a devil, and his disciples move to, and fro looking to destroy the truth of God, and anyone that tries to follow Him. Sin waits at our door.
5. How can we get out of this mess?
6. We needed a Saviour.
7. Now only God can forgive, and save us from our sins.
8. So God came to us in the flesh; He came to seek and to save the lost (that's all of us;) he gave his life for us; He rose from the grave; ascended into heaven; and will return for us.
10. What are the secrets to salvation? There is only one,
11. We are to believe by faith, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
12. So when we hear that the Son of God suffered, and died for our sins, and are moved to this, then we can go to the start line, and enter the race for eternal life.
13. Some who enter may be 10, some 20, 50, or 80, but all must begin at the starting line, and we all start with sin on us.
14. Once anyone enters the race, they are to persevere, this implies repentance, faithfulness to Christ, enduring to the end. The end of what? the end of our lives. And if a person is faithful to the voice of the Lord until the end, then will they be sealed unto eternal life, and receive their reward for finishing the race of faith.
15. Some may believe they are sealed at the start, and some in the middle of the race. But nothing is ever sealed until it is finished, be it a scroll, book, or our eternal salvation.
16. When the book of life is opened, and our name is found in it, we will receive our reward for the works we have done in this life for Christ.
16. These who finish the race, are called faithful and true.
On the other hand, there are those who never enter the race, and many that choose ot to begin the race. But for those that do, many will,
1. Have become again entangled with the things of the world.
2. Be snared by the wiles of the devil.
3. Fall again into error swerving away from the truth.
4. Begin to follow another gospel.
5. Turned back.
6. Some looking back at the world they left, and in their hearts, had never left the world.
Yes many start the race for eternal life with Jesus Christ, but as our Lord said, some will take the wide gate, and the broad way, their race ending in destruction, and many there are that go in that way.
But narrow is the way of the Lord, and straight is the gate which leads unto eternal life, "AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT."