John 1:17 LIT (Literal Bible w/vertical Strong's Ref. #'s)
|3551| - [law]
|1325| was given,
|5485| gracious love
|1096| came into being.
The LIT Bible agrees word for word with the Greek TUA (GNT Morph Texts).
John 1:17 TUA (Transliterated Unaccented)
17. Hoti ho nomos dia Mouseos edothe, he charis kai he aletheia dia Iesou Christou egeneto.
17. Because the law through Moses was given; the gracious-love and the truth through Yeshua Christou came into being.
In other words:
WITHOUT THE LAW THERE IS NO RECORD OF THE GRACE RENDERED because if transgression cannot first be proven through law and commandments than neither can grace or "forgiveness" be fully known to have been rendered even though, all the while, grace and mercy may have indeed been rendered. Thus, Noah did find grace and likewise Abraham believed the Word spoken to him, by faith, toward the imputing of righteousness to his account: yet neither of them saw the complete fulfillment of the promise until Christ gave himself; which is the doron-offering-sacrificial gift of YHWH.
My point in the OP was that there are some who think they are not under ANY law at all but under grace only.
All are under NT law, for if there were no law then there would be no such thing as sin. So grace and law go hand in hand.
Sometime back on another forum, I was dealing with a 'grace only' poster who claimed he was under no law at all. When explained he was a sinner meaning he was under law, he then proceded to deny he even sinned just to keep from ever admitting he was under Christ's NT law.
Ephesians 2:8 KJV
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift (GSN#1435 doron) of God:
Ephesians 2:8 LIT
|5485| by gracious love
|2075| you are
|2316| of God
Original Strong's Ref. #1435
a present; specially, a sacrifice:
Ephesians 2:8 TUA
8. Te gar chariti este sesosmenoi dia pisteos, kai touto ouk ex humon, Theou to doron,
8. For by gracious-love you are [being - having been]-saved through faith; and this is not out from yourselves: [of] Theou [is] the doron-offering-sacrifice-gift.
If one can truly see the impact and depth of the statement above then he or she will eventually come to understand, by the Word, that PARTICIPATION in the holy food offering of the altar is still required in the New Covenant; and that freewill-gift-offering is of course Yeshua himself: our Passover, voluntary freewill offering, vow offering (Nazarite) and sacrifice of peace offerings. And to partake of the offerings of the altar one needs to be either natural born or purchased by a priest if he was formerly a stranger. And then to partake of the holy offerings one must first wash himself or herself, (by/in the water of the Word) and must have clean garments.
Eph 2:8 is a good verse that shows that savlation is not by grace only or faith only but it is a combination of both God's grace and man's faith. Therefore receiving God's grace is conditional upon man having faith..."By whom also we have access by faith into this grace
wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Therefore no faith = no grace.
Leviticus 7:11-21 KJV
11. And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the Lord.
12. If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried.
13. Besides the cakes, he shall offer for his offering leavened bread with the sacrifice of thanksgiving of his peace offerings.
14. And of it he shall offer one out of the whole oblation for an heave offering unto the Lord, and it shall be the priest's that sprinkleth the blood of the peace offerings.
15. And the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving shall be eaten the same day that it is offered; he shall not leave any of it until the morning.
16. But if the sacrifice of his offering be a vow, or a voluntary offering, it shall be eaten the same day that he offereth his sacrifice: and on the morrow also the remainder of it shall be eaten:
17. But the remainder of the flesh of the sacrifice on the third day shall be burnt with fire.
18. And if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings be eaten at all on the third day, it shall not be accepted, neither shall it be imputed unto him that offereth it: it shall be an abomination, and the soul that eateth of it shall bear his iniquity.
19. And the flesh that toucheth any unclean thing shall not be eaten; it shall be burnt with fire: and as for the flesh, all that be clean shall eat thereof.
20. But the soul that eateth of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings, that pertain unto the Lord, having his uncleanness upon him, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
21. Moreover the soul that shall touch any unclean thing, as the uncleanness of man, or any unclean beast, or any abominable unclean thing, and eat of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which pertain unto the Lord, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
Leviticus 22:5-11 KJV
5. Or whosoever toucheth any creeping thing, whereby he may be made unclean, or a man of whom he may take uncleanness, whatsoever uncleanness he hath;
6. The soul which hath touched any such shall be unclean until even, and shall not eat of the holy things, unless he wash his flesh with water.
7. And when the sun is down, he shall be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things; because it is his food.
8. That which dieth of itself, or is torn with beasts, he shall not eat to defile himself therewith; I am the Lord.
9. They shall therefore keep mine ordinance, lest they bear sin for it, and die therefore, if they profane it: I the Lord do sanctify them.
10. There shall no stranger eat of the holy thing: a sojourner of the priest, or an hired servant, shall not eat of the holy thing.
11. But if the priest buy any soul with his money, he shall eat of it, and he that is born in his house: they shall eat of his meat.
All of these things are SPIRIT: the "money" of the priest is the innocent and holy Blood of our High Priest Yeshua which same Blood has purchased us; the clean garment is the conscience; the bathing and washing is clearly of the water of the Word.
Eph 5:26 "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word
This is a reference to the fact the Ephesian Christan had been born again:
Jn 3:5-----------Spirit+++++++++++++++water>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>in the kingdom
Eph 5:26------the WOrd++++++++++++washing of water>>>>>>>cleansed