So those that believe the 10 commandments have not been done away with...are we required to obey them? If so, what about the 4th commandment? If we're obligated to observe the Sabbath, then does it need to be on Saturday like in the Old Testament, or is there a "Christian Sabbath" which has been changed to Sunday? Yes, we are required to obey the eternal laws of Adonai. Nothing has changed about the 4th commandment, the Sabbath is still the last day of the week, Saturday. There is not a "Christian Sabbath" that did away with Saturday worship. If one does exist, it is not Biblical.
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 8:4-6, Ephesians 6:1-3, 1 Timothy 1:9-11, 20, and 1 John 3:15) demonstrate that nine of the Ten Commandments have counterparts in the New Testament, but notice that the Fourth Commandment (observing the Sabbath) is missing. There's no New Testament counterpart for the Fourth Commandment. The Sabbath has been completely canceled in Christ, and Christians are not required to observe it.
To be honest I hesitate to bring up such things because we should be careful that we do not overstep our boundaries in certain situations with Scripture. And I do pray that in this instance this is not what I do here. The most likely reason we are given reminders of nine of the Ten Commandments in the New Testament, yet we are not given any direct and overt reminders to keep and observe the Sabbath in the New Testament is probably because in the original commandment we are commanded to REMEMBER
the Sabbath Day. How can you be tested to see if you will REMEMBER
it if you are again REMINDED
it?Exodus 20:8-11 KJV
8. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.Original Strong's Ref. #2142
a primitive root; properly, to mark (so as to be recognized), i.e. to remember; by implication, to mention; also (as denominative from HSN2145) to be male:
KJV--X burn [incense], X earnestly, be male, (make) mention (of), be mindful, recount, record(-er), remember, make to be remembered, bring (call, come, keep, put) to (in) remembrance, X still, think on, X well.
Isaiah 56:1-7 KJV
1. Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2. Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
3. Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4. For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5. Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6. Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7. Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Neither let the eunuch who joins himself to YHWH and his covenant say he or she, (neither male nor female in the Kingdom) is a DRY TREE
but rather let them be graffed into the Jeremiah 11 and Romans 11 Olive Tree of YHWH through Christ Yeshua the Root, the Vine, and our Passover Lamb of YHWH. And what is this Everlasting Name better than that of sons and daughters from Isaiah 56:5?And where is this Holy Mountain of Isaiah 56:7?Revelation 2:17 KJV
17. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Revelation 3:11-12 KJV
11. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Revelation 14:1 ASV
1. And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty and four thousand, having his name, and the name of his Father, written on their foreheads.
Hebrews 12:22-24 KJV
22. but ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable hosts of angels,
23. to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24. and to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaketh better than that of Abel.