Seudah ~ The Festive Meal
The greatest of all of the prophets to come before Yeshua HaMashiyach was of course John the Baptist. John was not only the forerunner of The Christ but he also had the privilege of announcing the New Covenant of Betrothal and the arrival of the Holy Bridegroom!John 3:27-29 KJV
27. John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
28. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
29. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.The Marriage Proposal1) Shidduch: "Matchmaking"
- The meeting of the bride and groom.
Christ the Groom decides that He will give everything for His bride!2) Vort: "Betrothal"
- Some families sign a contract which is called Vort.
The "tenaim" (conditions) are signed which equates to a covenant.
Christ confirms the betrothal covenant "with many" - Pesach Seder - Last Supper.3) The Mikvah: "Ceremonial washing"The Wedding Day
Dedication-Sanctification - A Day of Atonement (and a fasting day until the arrival at the Cheder Yichud). The groom wears a white robe: a "kittel" which is much the same as what the High Priest wears on Yom Kippur. This is the same description as that of Yeshua in Rev.1:13.1) Bedekin: "Veiling"
- Performed in the Bride's Chamber before going to the "Chuppah" (Christ identifies His Bride before the final ceremony).2) Chuppah:
Seven Times the bride circles around the groom in the traditional ceremony. It is sometimes called the Ceremony of Lights. Again, the symbolism is of Christ in the midst of the Seven Candlesticks:Rev. 1:13 ~ "And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And IN THE MIDST of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle"…THE AGE OF THE GREAT CONGREGATION3) Ketuvah:
The opening and reading of the contract, which must be signed by the Two Witnesses, is legally binding, (Aramaic) and becomes the property of the bride. The Ketuvah-contract is opened in Revelation 6. The ceremony begins when the bride is in the heavenly Chuppah, (heaven is throne room of the mind). The contract is fully opened when the Seventh Seal is removed.4) Kiddushin:
The ring is placed on the right hand of the bride. The Two Witnesses must affirm. Betrothal blessings are recited by a Rabbi-Teacher. The first cup of wine is shared after the recital of the betrothal blessings. Yeshua HaMashiyach, the Nazarene, promised He would in no way drink of the fruit of the vine until He drinks it anew with us in the Kingdom of the Father. (Laodicea spewed out?)5) Sheva Brachot:
The Seven Blessings are recited, the second cup of wine is shared - both drink of the cup. In many ceremonies the groom traditionally "breaks the glass" after the Seven Blessings are recited. The Two Witnesses are sent out to proclaim their testimony.6) Cheder Yichud: "Room of Privacy"
- The Two Witnesses must affirm that the groom and bride went into the private chamber in order for the wedding to be official.7) Seudah: "The Festive Meal" - Marriage Supper of the Lamb
"Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb". These are the "friends" or "children of the bridechamber" (also "ten virgins") and the rest of the family including the Warrior Friends of the King. "Go out into the highways and byways and fill the wedding banquet hall! Everything is furnished!" (BY THE FATHER IN HIS TANAK-WORD)
. Anyone found in the banquet hall without a gown will be cast out because everything was furnished and prepared for the guests and the required garment must be put on! (As we "put on Christ" Galatians 3:27).Revelation 19:7-9 KJV
7. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of G-d.IS THE EKKLESIA-CHURCH ("TEN VIRGINS") THE BRIDE?
PRAY ABOUT IT ~ FOR HOW DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE?Matthew 21:4-11 KJV (Palm Sunday)
4. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5. Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an donkey, and a colt the foal of an donkey.
6. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
7. And brought the donkey, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
8. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the L-rd; Hosanna in the highest.
10. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?
11. And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
Matthew 22:2-13 KJV
2. The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3. And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
5. But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6. And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7. But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8. Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9. Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11. And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12. And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13. Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Luke 12:35-42 KJV
35. Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
36. And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
41. Then Peter said unto him, L-rd, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
42. And the L-rd said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Revelation 3:19-20 KJV (Laodicea)
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.The Traditional Katuvah Document still in use for over 2000 years:Traditional Aramaic Orthodox Text - English Translation
With the pertinent blanks filled in (color - parenthesis
On the __________ day of the week, the __________ day of the month of __________, in the year five thousand seven hundred ________________, as we reckon time here in ________________, the groom ________________, (Yeshua HaMashiyach
) son of ________________, (YHWH
) said to the bride ________________, (New Jerusalem
) daughter of ________________, (Zion
) "Be my wife according to the statutes of Moses and Israel. And I will work for, esteem, feed and support you as is the custom of Jewish men who work for, esteem, feed and support their wives faithfully. And I will give you ________________, (Eternal Life
) and I will provide you food and clothing and necessities and your conjugal rights according to accepted custom." And the bride ________________, (New Jerusalem
) agreed to become his wife. And this dowry that she brought from her ________________, (Wages of Sin
) house, whether in silver, gold, jewelry, clothing, furnishings or bedding, the groom ________________, (Yeshua
) accepted responsibility for all in the sum of ________________, (Wages of Sin
) zuzim, and agreed to add to this amount from his own assets the sum of ________________, (His Death
) zuzim, for a total of ________________, (His Death For Our Sins
) zuzim. The groom ________________, (Yeshua
) said: "The obligation of this ketubah, this dowry and this additional sum, I accept upon myself and my heirs after me, to be paid from all the best part of all my property that I now possess or may hereafter acquire, real and personal. From this day forward, all my property, even the shirt on my back, shall be mortgaged and liened for the payment of this ketubah, dowry and additional sum, whether during my lifetime or thereafter." The obligation of this ketubah, this dowry and this additional sum, was accepted by ________________, (Yeshua
) the groom with the strictness established for ketubot and additional sums customary for the daughters of Israel, in accordance with the decrees by our sages, of blessed memory. This ketubah is not to be regarded as a formality or as a perfunctory legal form. We have established the acceptance on the part of ________________, (Yeshua
) son of ________________, (YHWH
) the groom to ________________, (New Jerusalem
) daughter of ________________, (Zion
) the bride, of this contract, all of which is stated and specified above, with an article fit for that purpose. And all shall be valid and binding.
(Must be signed by the TWO WITNESSES)
The Seven-Sealed document is completely opened in Revelation 8:1 with the opening of the Seventh Seal. The bride goes to the wedding during the Seven Seals and the Marriage Supper-Seudah always comes AFTER
the wedding. The Seudah Festive Meal is for the "guests and friends" of the Groom. The Seven Trumpets (chronologically speaking)
then would be as the call to the battle of the warriors, the sons of Zion, the army and Warrior-Friends of the King ~ "All Israel"…Peace-Shalom