EZEKIEL 38: 1-23
1) Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2)"Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
1) God's Message came to me: 2) "Son of man, confront Gog from the counrty of Magog, head of Meshech and Tubal. Prophesy against him.
3) and say, "Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.
3) Say, 'God, the Master, says,Be warned, Gog, I am against you, head of Meshech and Tubal.
4) I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords.
4) I'm going to turn you around, put hooks in your jaws, and drag you off with your whole army, your horses, and riders in full armor-all those shields and bucklers and swords - fighting men armed to the teeth!
5) Persia, Ethiopia, and Lybia are with them, all of them with shield and helmet;
5) Persia and Cush and Put will be in the ranks, also well armed, as well;
6) Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops - many people are with you.
6) Gomer and all its army and Beth-togarmah out of the north with its army. Many nations will be with you!
7) "Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard for them.
7) "Get ready to fight, you and the whole company that's been called out. Take charge and wait for orders.
8) After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.
8) After a long time, you'll be given your orders. In the distant future you'll arrive at a country that has recovered from a devasting war. People from many nations will be gathered there on the mountains of Israel, for a long time now a wasteland. These people have been brought back from many countries and now live safe and secure.
9) You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you."
9) You'll rise like a thunderstorm and roll in like clouds and cover the land, you and the massed troops with you.
10) Thus says the Lord God: "On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan:
10) " ' Message of God, the Master: At that time you'll start thinking things over and cook up an evil plot
11) You will say, 'I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates' -
11) You'll say, "I'm going to invade a country without defenses, attack an unsuspecting, carefree people going about their business -
12) to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are again inhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land.
12) And I'm going to plunder the place, march right in and clean them out, this rebuilt country risen from the ashes, these returned exiles and their booming economy centered down at the navel of the earth."
13) Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, "Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?' " 13)" 'Sheba and Dedan and Tershish, traders all out to make a fast buck, will say, "So! You've opened a new market for plunder! You've brought in your troops to get rich quick!" '
14) "Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, "Thus says the Lord God: "On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it?
14) "Therefore, son of man, prophesy! Tell Gog, "A Message from God, the Master: When my people Israel are established securely, will you make your move?
15) Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army,
15) You will come down out of the far north, you and that mob of armies, charging out on your horses like a tidal wave across the land,
16) You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes."
16) and invade My people Israel, covering the country like a cloud! When the time's ripe, I'll unleash you against my land in such a way that the nations will recognize me, realize that through you, Gog, in full view of the nations, I am putting my holiness on display.
17) Thus says the Lord God: "Are you he of whom I have spoken in former days by My servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied for years in those days that I would bring you against them?
17) A Message of God, the Master: Years ago when I spoke through my servants, the prophets of Israel, wasn't it you I was talking about? Year after year they prophesied that I would bring you against them, And when the day comes, Gog, you will attack that land of Israel.
18) "And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel, " says the Lord God, "that My fury will show in My face.
18) Decree of God, the Master. My raging anger will erupt!
19) For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: "Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel,
19) Fueled by blazing jealousy, I tell you that then there will be an earthquake that rocks the land of Israel.
20) so that the fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all creeping things that creep on the earth, and all men who are on the face of the earth shall shake at My presence. The mountains shall be thrown down, the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground,"
20) Fish and birds and wild animals-even ants and beetles!-and every human being will tremble and shake before me. Mountains will disintegrate, terraces will crumble,
21) I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains," says the Lord God. "Every man's sword will be against his brother.
21) I'll order all-out war against you Gog-Decree of God, the Master - Gog killing Gog on all the mountains of Israel.
22) And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
22) I'll deluge Gog with judgment: disease and masacre, torrential rain and hail, volcanic lava pouring down on you and your mobs of troops and people.
23) Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctiify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the Lord." '
23) " 'I'll show you how great I am, how holy I am. I'll make myself known all over the world. Then you'll realize that I am God.'