News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80082
Latest: isadoramurta7
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 891406
Total Topics: 89625
Most Online Today: 472
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 439
Total: 441

Hell's Daily Tally

Started by NyawehNyoh, Mon Sep 03, 2018 - 20:55:16

Previous topic - Next topic

NyawehNyoh

Well, since my baby left me,
I found a new place to dwell.
It's down at the end of Lonely Street at
Heartbreak Hotel.

Although it's always crowded,
You still can find some room
For broken-hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom.

That song, by Elvis Presley back in 1956, was very popular; and useful for depicting some of the conditions folks might expect in the netherworld should they end up on the wrong side of things. For example: just as Elvis' hotel always has a vacancy, so the netherworld too.

Prov 30:15-16 . . There are three things that will not be satisfied-- four that will not say, "Enough"

One of the four listed in that passage is Sheol, a.k.a. Hades which in Hellenistic culture spoke of the netherworld: a place in which all the dead were warehoused: both the good dead and the bad dead regardless of age, race, gender, or religious preference.

And then there's "cry there in their gloom"

Matt 13:40-42 . . As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,099 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 127,847,991 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Heb 6:4-6 . . For it is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God afresh and subjecting him to public disgrace.

We know that with God nothing is impossible. So, I think we have to acquiesce that the impossibility spoken of here is so because God has made it His mission in life, so to speak, to assure that folks blessed with the level of advantages spoken of here are never to be given an opportunity to reconsider-- ever. The die is cast; e.g. Judas Iscariot. (cf. Prov 1:20-33 & Heb 10:28-31)

TALLY UPDATE: 2,104 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 128,152,536 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Matt 13:10 . . And the disciples came and said to him: Why do you speak to them in parables?

Matt 13:11 . . It is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jesus answered their inquiry by referring to an incident in the 6th chapter of Isaiah's prophecy wherein God had lost interest in numbers of His people because they had lost interest in Him.

The Jews' spiritual condition was little different in Jesus' day, i.e. many were called but few chosen, and that's because the many were indifferent; which is not the appropriate response.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,109 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 128,457,081 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

I'd imagine the hardest part about Heaven is not getting there, but staying there.

Some years ago it occurred to me that it's very easy for me to live in this world, but Heaven would require a level of piety and self control that I was pretty sure I couldn't keep up forever. Sooner or later I'd mess up and get thrown out. But if it were just as easy for me to live in Heaven as it is for me to live in this world, then for sure I'd never get thrown out of Heaven.

In other words: if only thinking, feeling, and acting like God came just as natural to me as thinking, feeling, and acting like a human; then that would be the cat's meow.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,114 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 128,761,626 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Deut 34:5-6 . . Moses the servant of The Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of The Lord. And He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth-peor; but no man knows his burial place to this day.

A very curious scene unfolded during Moses' burial. The Devil argued with Michael the archangel about Moses' body. (Jude 9)

It's been suggested that the Devil objected to secrecy. In other words; it's possible that he wanted Moses' body enshrined in a sort of Church of the Holy Sepulcher where the Jews could be lured into idolatry by adoring Moses' remains as a sacred relic. That's actually a very plausible suggestion. For example: there's a statue of the apostle Peter in Rome whose big toe has been eroded over the years by the lips of pilgrims kissing it. (cf. 2Kings 18:4)

Anyway; if the Devil would interfere with the burial of a holy man like Moses, then I think we can safely assume he (or one of his minions) probably interferes with the burials of ordinary folk too; and I should think the smartest way for him to interfere is to ensure the minister comes out with nothing useful in his eulogy; but instead with the usual mushy rhetoric by which nobody hearing it can be moved to consider their afterlife prospects. (Just goes to show that the Devil is not above walking over the bones of the dead to get what he wants.)

TALLY UPDATE: 2,120 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 129,127,080 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

God prohibits dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

I think it's probably safe to posit that more liars are now, and more liars will be, in Hell than any other category simply because deceit, deception, fraud, hoax, fibs, cover ups, slander, malicious gossip, propaganda, dissembling, cheating, false impressions, pretense, scams, sophistry, double-speak, rumors, half truths, and perjury are far more common.

Rev 21:8 . . . All liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Living in a world of liars below shouldn't be much different than living in a world of liars up here so that folks who end up down there should fit right in; requiring only minimal adjustment.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,127 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 129,553,443 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Ps 73:3-17 . . I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

Matt 16:26 . . For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

It's been my observation that many of the powerful folks controlling education, finance, manufacturing, governance, entertainment, food production, health care, pharmaceuticals, print media and broadcast news, etc, are quite lacking scruples, and conduct their affairs as if they're autonomous sovereigns with no one to answer to beyond the sphere of their existence; indifferent that the path of their success is leading them down a road of no return.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,132 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 129,857,988 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Gen 2:15-17 is a favorite among critics because Adam didn't drop dead within 24 hours of tasting the forbidden fruit. In point of fact, he continued to live outside the garden of Eden for another 800 years after the birth of his son Seth. (Gen 5:4)

Some say Adam died a so-called "spiritual" death, and that's true, but not entirely true, viz: the explanation isn't misinformation, rather, it's missing information. In other words: human life came out of the box with perpetual youth, which  Adam lost when he tasted the forbidden fruit.

The aging process is a lingering death rather than sudden death, i.e. it's slow, but very relentless. Mortality feels neither pain nor pity, nor remorse nor fear; it cannot be reasoned with nor can it be bargained with, and it absolutely will not stop-- ever! --until our useless corpse is ready for burial.

Eccl 7:2 . . It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of mirth, for death is the destiny of every man: the living should take this seriously. (cf. Luke 12:16-21)

NOTE: Superhuman bodies like Arnold Swarzenegger's look indestructible while young, but their youth isn't permanent. Today Arnold is pushing 76 and taking on the appearance of spoiling vegetables.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,140 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 130,345,260 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

1Cor 4:4 . . My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent.

During former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's assassination back in 2011, he was overheard to complain: Why are you doing this? I've done nothing wrong.

Former US President Richard Nixon once stated-- in so many words --that when a President breaks the law, it's not a crime.

The USA prohibits discriminatory hiring practices based upon age, race, or sex; yet when the opportunity came to replace one of the US Supreme Court justices, President Biden ignored fair hiring practices and announced his intention to nominate a black woman; thus effectively disqualifying all non black non female candidates solely upon the basis of their color and their gender.

Those three men serve to demonstrate just how unreliable the human conscience can be at times.

Man was created with as near a perfect conscience as a creature can be given.

Gen 1:27 . . God created Man in His own image, in the image of God created He him.

But then came the forbidden fruit incident by which Man's near-divine conscience underwent something that caused it to become that of a tin God.

Gen 3:22 . . The Lord God said: The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.

Man was able to discern between good and evil before his fall, but that was by means of a conscience influenced by its maker. The forbidden fruit incident altered Man's conscience to become his own influence, i.e. Man became defensive, and he rationalizes a lot too. (Rom 2:14-15)

I think the writer of 1Cor 4:4 was well aware of just how tricky Man's conscience can be so he was reluctant to insist upon his innocence-- a little sophistry here and a little rationalizing there, and even incorrigible monsters like Communist China's Xi Jinping and North Korea's Kim Jong-Un can be persuaded in their own minds to believe themselves okay guys.

Jer 17:9-10 . .The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it? . . . I, The Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.

The upside is: Christ's crucifixion not only serves to rescue people from their sins, but according to Heb 9:8-14 his death atones for their conscience too.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,145 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 130,649,805 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

One of my favorite lines from the movie "Titanic" is when Mr. Ismay protests that the ship can't sink; and Mr. Andrews responds: She's made of iron, sir! I assure you, she can . . . and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

There are folks at large all across the internet, and around the globe, sincerely believing that Hell isn't a place of conscious suffering. They, like Mr. Ismay, will be utterly stunned and bewildered to the limits of human astonishment to discover it's exactly that.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,150 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 130,954,350 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_