News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80078
Latest: Lollyclose
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 2
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 890874
Total Topics: 89536
Most Online Today: 508
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 437
Total: 438
Jaime
Google

Hell's Daily Tally

Started by NyawehNyoh, Mon Sep 03, 2018 - 20:55:16

Previous topic - Next topic

NyawehNyoh

Well, since my baby left me,
I found a new place to dwell.
It's down at the end of Lonely Street at
Heartbreak Hotel.

Although it's always crowded,
You still can find some room
For broken-hearted lovers
To cry there in their gloom.

That song, by Elvis Presley back in 1956, was very popular; and useful for depicting some of the conditions folks might expect in the netherworld should they end up on the wrong side of things. For example: just as Elvis' hotel always has a vacancy, so the netherworld too.

Prov 30:15-16 . . There are three things that will not be satisfied-- four that will not say, "Enough"

One of the four listed in that passage is Sheol, a.k.a. Hades which in Hellenistic culture spoke of the netherworld: a place in which all the dead were warehoused: both the good dead and the bad dead regardless of age, race, gender, or religious preference.

And then there's "cry there in their gloom"

Matt 13:40-42 . . As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,099 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 127,847,991 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Heb 6:4-6 . . For it is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God afresh and subjecting him to public disgrace.

We know that with God nothing is impossible. So, I think we have to acquiesce that the impossibility spoken of here is so because God has made it His mission in life, so to speak, to assure that folks blessed with the level of advantages spoken of here are never to be given an opportunity to reconsider-- ever. The die is cast; e.g. Judas Iscariot. (cf. Prov 1:20-33 & Heb 10:28-31)

TALLY UPDATE: 2,104 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 128,152,536 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

Matt 13:10 . . And the disciples came and said to him: Why do you speak to them in parables?

Matt 13:11 . . It is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jesus answered their inquiry by referring to an incident in the 6th chapter of Isaiah's prophecy wherein God had lost interest in numbers of His people because they had lost interest in Him.

The Jews' spiritual condition was little different in Jesus' day, i.e. many were called but few chosen, and that's because the many were indifferent; which is not the appropriate response.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,109 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 128,457,081 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

NyawehNyoh

I'd imagine the hardest part about Heaven is not getting there, but staying there.

Some years ago it occurred to me that it's very easy for me to live in this world, but Heaven would require a level of piety and self control that I was pretty sure I couldn't keep up forever. Sooner or later I'd mess up and get thrown out. But if it were just as easy for me to live in Heaven as it is for me to live in this world, then for sure I'd never get thrown out of Heaven.

In other words: if only thinking, feeling, and acting like God came just as natural to me as thinking, feeling, and acting like a human; then that would be the cat's meow.

TALLY UPDATE: 2,114 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are in the ball park, then something like 128,761,626 arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 03, 2018.
_

+-Recent Topics

Creation scientists by 4WD
Today at 18:51:18

The Image of the Beast. by Hobie
Today at 18:49:09

Brutal, less than 5 min by Jaime
Today at 18:36:11

Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship. by Rella
Today at 13:34:38

mommydi by mommydi
Yesterday at 21:25:03