News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80077
Latest: armchairscholar
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 890831
Total Topics: 89534
Most Online Today: 520
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 488
Total: 489
yogi bear
Google

Question?

Started by lightshineon, Sun Mar 28, 2010 - 15:18:58

Previous topic - Next topic

lightshineon

Is there anyway the people can hold a special election, early to vote those out of office that have stepped all over the will of the people. are there any constitutional experts in the forums house?

phoebe

If they are criminals, they can be impeached.

lightshineon

Well Randy how about poking them in their pompus butts with a pitch fork, right out of office? Would that be considered  to violent? The preamble of the declaration actually was what I was referring to.

Jaime

I just think conservaties need to avoid proving that the other side is right about us all being loons.

k-pappy

Jaime, I wholeheartedly agree.  Obama and his media allies are making every effort to belittle and deminish all opposition.  Unless you are a liberal democrat, you will be scorned, derided and minimized.  We should refrain from giving them ammo.

It's like Paul told Titus:  "In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us."  -- Titus 2:7-8

Bond

lightshineon

Actually, there is no proof anyone spat or did racial slurs. The Dem's are trying once again to make these things up, you know to get off the subject.

k-pappy

LSO, you are exactly right.  And it that has come to light.  With all the liberals are doing to discredit their opposition, we need to be extra cautious, you know?

Bond

lightshineon

Quote from: BondServant on Sun Mar 28, 2010 - 20:58:22
LSO, you are exactly right.  And it that has come to light.  With all the liberals are doing to discredit their opposition, we need to be extra cautious, you know?

Bond

Bond, hi I am guess I am to the point, that I am tired of walking on eggshells, the liberals will pull something out of their hats to discredit everyone. I have never even killed an animal, or would I ever spit on someone, hit someone, call the a racial slur. I am a Godly woman, or try and be, but they call us teabaggers and such which I hear is an ugly word. They will lie, no matter what and I say, be a Christian but no eggshells. That just gives power to them.

Jaime

They can be defeated in the arena of ideas. The Dems think the teaparty folks are "fringe" elements. We don't need over zealous folks to legitimize their fringe claim. We nee to send them to the fringe in November. There are many many independents that would be scared off if the Dems claims were proven. Conservatives must have independents to win anything. Right now the independents seem to be moving away from the Dems. Let's keep that trend going, if we want to defeat the Dems, otherwise we might as well mount a hopeless 3rd party effort. 

lightshineon

Quote from: Jaime on Sun Mar 28, 2010 - 21:18:41
They can be defeated in the arena of ideas. The Dems think the teaparty folks are "fringe" elements. We don't need over zealous folks to legitimize their fringe claim. We nee to send them to the fringe in November. There are many many independents that would be scared off if the Dems claims were proven. Conservatives must have independents to win anything. Right now the independents seem to be moving away from the Dems. Let's keep that trend going, if we want to defeat the Dems, otherwise we might as well mount a hopeless 3rd party effort. 

Randy, I was just reading a sort of yahoo forum, and the left fringe was calling the tea party, the Nazi's, violent group, calling them racist. They have done nothing to anyone, not even Nevada, where the left is calling them names. I say, be normal, and quit letting the lunatic fringe scare us, or shut us up. That is their agenda, and they play mind games, I just do not care what they think. Never have never will, they will try anything. I have not threatened to tar and feather anyone yet, or hang them from the liberty tree. Please do not worry about them, they are snakes, and liars when they try this stuff and the right has worried about them way to long. Just my opinion, I will act as a Christian, because I am that first, but will not walk on eggshells. I just do not have the energy for any of it.

Jaime

Whatever get's 'em defeated. I just don't want conservatives to blow the advantahe they were intent on giving us. Of course with the coming amnesty bill for illegal immigration, the Dems are counting on securing the lion's share of that 32 million new voters.

Wycliffes_Shillelagh

Quote from: Jaime on Sun Mar 28, 2010 - 22:01:00
Whatever get's 'em defeated. I just don't want conservatives to blow the advantahe they were intent on giving us. Of course with the coming amnesty bill for illegal immigration, the Dems are counting on securing the lion's share of that 32 million new voters.
Then they are in for a surprise when they find that their 32 million new voters are all pro-life and have conservative values.

Jaime

Quote from: Wycliffes_Shillelagh on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 00:08:43
Quote from: Jaime on Sun Mar 28, 2010 - 22:01:00
Then they are in for a surprise when they find that their 32 million new voters are all pro-life and have conservative values.

I agree it is an anomaly, but ironically the vast majority of them will vote Democrat. I know a few Hispanic Republicans, but they are by far the exception. And I live in Bush's hometown! From what I remember, Bush garnered 24% of the Hispanic vote which was outrageously unheard of for a Republican.

Eagle

Snippit from some web page i have never been able to post the url...... ::frown::

No U.S. senator, however, has ever been subjected to a recall vote, and, in fact, the U.S. Constitution doesn't provide any process for doing so. Consequently, Wells and her attorney have argued that the attempt is unconstitutional.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

States without the Right of Recall for members of Congress can also change their laws to adopt it. In states with the right to initiative, this can be done by a vote of the people after circulating petitions to put the change on the ballot.`

lightshineon

Quote from: Eagle on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 09:00:36

Snippit from some web page i have never been able to post the url...... ::frown::

No U.S. senator, however, has ever been subjected to a recall vote, and, in fact, the U.S. Constitution doesn't provide any process for doing so. Consequently, Wells and her attorney have argued that the attempt is unconstitutional.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

States without the Right of Recall for members of Congress can also change their laws to adopt it. In states with the right to initiative, this can be done by a vote of the people after circulating petitions to put the change on the ballot.`

Really? Thank you, manna for information

johnnyQ

I can't wait for conservatives to get into power again!!!! I look forward to holding their feet to the fire.  Makin em produce results immediately.

jq

lightshineon

Quote from: johnnyQ on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 14:20:13
I can't wait for conservatives to get into power again!!!! I look forward to holding their feet to the fire.  Makin em produce results immediately.

jq

And you should Johnny, we all should. I think Conservatives should not be all powerful either, but a balance of powers. You Know?

johnnyQ

LSO,...no one has said it, but it has often been implied through numerous less than kind and sometimes outright duragatory statements that would lead one to believe that "the ONLY good liberal is a dead one",......I feel the genuine spirit of that kind of love around here, more than frequently,....which is probably one reason why I come here.

jq

lightshineon

Quote from: johnnyQ on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 14:50:33
LSO,...no one has said it, but it has often been implied through mumerous duragatory statements that the ONLY good liberal is a dead one,......I feel the genuine spirit of that kind of love here more than frequently,....which is probably one reason why I come here.

jq

Well Johnny I am so sorry, some angry ungodly people have said that, it is wrong, wrong, wrong. My parents are liberals, so are my in laws. Look we are all first Christians, and Americans. I wish we all could get along again.

May God bless you abundantly, LSO

johnnyQ

I think for our political passions, we sometimes PARK the teachings of Jesus to be patriots,...and that seems noble,...I know, because I am not speaking for anyone else's, but from my own experience.  It's not right and never will be. It brings to mind that we ARE NOT and will never be a Christian nation because we can't legislate LOVE.  For example, we may have laws that cause integration, however, you cannot FORCE children of different racial backgrounds to play together on the playground nor eat lunch together. That's a God thing.  It will not be a liberal nor a conservative that cause our country to come together,....that's overtly evident to me.

jq

k-pappy

Quote from: johnnyQ on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 15:07:20
I think for our political passions, we sometimes PARK the teachings of Jesus to be patriots,...and that seems noble,...I know, because I am not speaking for anyone else's, but from my own experience.  It's not right and never will be. It brings to mind that we ARE NOT and will never be a Christian nation because we can't legislate LOVE.  For example, we may have laws that cause integration, however, you cannot FORCE children of different racial backgrounds to play together on the playground nor eat lunch together. That's a God thing.  It will not be a liberal nor a conservative that cause our country to come together,....that's overtly evident to me.
jq

I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded statement a LARGE majority of Americans are in the center...center left...center right.  Only a small minorty holds to the extreme left or extreme right.

Bond

lightshineon

JQ, never say never (LOL)

Jaime

Bond I agree with you, However, Most liberals think Bush was radical right and most conservatives think Obama is radical left.

Jimbob

Quote from: Jaime on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 17:19:10
Bond I agree with you, However, Most liberals think Bush was radical right and most conservatives think Obama is radical left.
"Most" this, "most" that.  Yeah, yeah.  "Most" people at times past, thought the world was flat, thought sneezing was the soul escaping, and used to use AOL.  Just goes to show you "most" don't mean jack diddly squat about how well informed people are. 

phoebe

Quote from: BondServant on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 16:25:07
jq

I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded statement a LARGE majority of Americans are in the center...center left...center right.  Only a small minorty holds to the extreme left or extreme right.

Bond

Neither extremes, nor left, nor right, nor middle.  We must come together-unite-around the Constitution.  IMO, God's Hands are in our Constitution.  I never saw this until I started teaching the Constitution in-depth to my kids.

Eagle

Nice to hear some one is teaching Constitution!  Could be you are growing leaders......

lightshineon

Quote from: phoebe on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 18:03:17
Quote from: BondServant on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 16:25:07
jq

Bond

Neither extremes, nor left, nor right, nor middle.  We must come together-unite-around the Constitution.  IMO, God's Hands are in our Constitution.  I never saw this until I started teaching the Constitution in-depth to my kids.

Sister Phoebe I will have to say one of the most profund statements of truth I have heard in quite awhile.

phoebe

Quote from: Eagle on Mon Mar 29, 2010 - 19:45:50
Nice to hear some one is teaching Constitution!  Could be you are growing leaders......

We hope and pray so.

walker starr

It took the crisis of 1942 to bring our country together.  Unfortunately it did not
   last more than a few years.(IT meaning the togetherness).

lightshineon

Seriously, I think God spoke to me about all this as a sixth grader. In my class on the wall was shadow cut outs of an elephant, and donkey pulling against each other, both on their butts. I was fascinated, with this cut out. It said underneath, "United we stand divided we fall", this was long before all of any of this stuff. I remember just, feeling funny inside while looking at it. I mean this may sound funny, or spooky, or down right weird, but, I have thought of it often.

+-Recent Topics

In the middle of our heat wave...... by Rella
Today at 15:01:27

Creation scientists by Amo
Today at 12:45:03

IMMIGRATION INFO by Amo
Today at 12:36:02

A GLORIFIED BODY BEYOND THE SUNSET by 4WD
Today at 04:49:46

New Discovery explains why Climate Models don't work by 4WD
Today at 03:52:09

Hell's Daily Tally by NyawehNyoh