News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80075
Latest: stantonia
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 890761
Total Topics: 89529
Most Online Today: 460
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 469
Total: 471

Sabbath, Sunday, and Legalism

Started by Amo, Sat Feb 11, 2012 - 10:39:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/due-to-poor-air-quality-cars-in-mexico-city-were-ordered-to-rest-on-sundays-or-face-a-3257-fine/

Quoted article below from link above.

QuoteDue to Poor Air Quality, Cars in Mexico City were Ordered to Rest on Sundays or Face a $3,257 Fine

Even on Sunday! What cars are resting TODAY, February 25, due to environmental contingency in Mexico City?

"It is the spirit of the papacy—the spirit of conformity to worldly customs, the veneration for human traditions above the commandments of God—that is permeating the Protestant churches and leading them on to do the same work of Sunday exaltation which the papacy has done before them" (Great Controversy, p. 573).

Thanks to the climate crisis, Sunday laws are practically writing themselves. Here we see a Sunday rest city ordinance with teeth. Prophecy calls this speaking like a dragon. We are told in the book The Great Controversy that Sunday exaltation is the "spirit of the papacy." Today this spirit is working in darkness to accomplish exactly what Rome wants: Sunday rest by law.

On February 25, 2024, a mandatory car-free Sunday with penalties was enforced on everyone in Mexico City. In an article published by Medio Tiempo News titled "Even on Sunday! What cars are resting TODAY, February 25, due to environmental contingency in Mexico City," the city's air pollution problem is being addressed by ordering nearly all of the cars to take a break on Sunday. This city ordinance, which came with a hefty fine to enforce compliance, would save energy, lower consumption, and limit pollution.

The article stated, in part:

• "Even on Sunday! What cars are resting TODAY, February 25, due to environmental contingency in Mexico City?" [1]

• "Mexico City and the metropolitan area has led to not only issuing recommendations to avoid health risks, but also carrying out measures such as reinforcing the "No Travel Today" program, and reduce the emission of pollutants." [1]

• "Not even Sunday was saved, after two days in a row in which holograms 0 and 00 had to rest in an extraordinary way due to the poor air quality reported by the unit formed by the Environmental Commission of the Megalopolis, where several of the entities of central Mexico." [1]

• "We tell you which cars, although they have a 0 and 00 hologram, cannot circulate this Sunday, in addition to the rest that must be added to the measures taken with the aim of reducing pollutants in the city." [1]

• "At what times does "No Travel Today" apply? Generally, the "No Travel Today" program has an extension of hours between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., covering most of the day; However, this Sunday it was announced that it would operate from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., so after that time, all vehicles can return to operating normally." [1]

• "What is the fine for not resting during "No Travel Today?" The sanctions for not respecting the "No Travel Today" program are mainly monetary, which are calculated in payments ranging from 20 to 30 UMAs, that is, between $2,171.4 and $3,257.1 (Mexican pesos). [1]

• "What cars are NOT driving this Sunday, February 25? These are the vehicles that CANNOT circulate this Sunday, February 25, between 5:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m." [1]

• "Private use vehicles with verification hologram 2." [1]

• "Private use vehicles with verification hologram 1, whose last numerical digit is 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8." [1]

• "Private use vehicles with verification hologram 00 and 0, blue sticker, plate termination 9 and 0." [1]

• "Local or federal freight vehicles stop circulating between 6:00 and 10:00 a.m." [1]

•"Taxis with verification hologram "00", "0", "1" or "2" that must stop circulating in accordance with the provisions indicated in sections 1, 2, and 3, will be subject to the restriction on circulation from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m." [1]

A $3,257 fine in Mexican pesos comes to around $190 US dollars, which is a lot of money for people who don't make much. Residents of Mexico City were being warned not to drive on Sunday due to environmental regulations! And the harsh penalties served to guarantee that the law was followed. The car-free Sunday program included fines as a means of upholding public safety, protecting the environment, maintaining order, safeguarding the common good, and enforcing Sunday rest.

History shows that whenever Sunday is exalted, what follows is that the seventh-day Sabbath, Saturday, the true Lord's Day, is suppressed. The rest that comes from keeping God's true Sabbath is a spiritual rest. The coming Sunday law will be a civil rest that will come from human government. Instituting Sunday rest by law, even for environmental reasons, is to assume the power and authority that belong solely to God. Whenever politicians enact Sunday rest measures, they are stepping into the realm of God, which they have no right or authority to do. These are matters that belong to the Creator.

"Protestantism shall give the hand of fellowship to the Roman power. Then there will be a law against the Sabbath of God's creation, and then it is that God will do His 'strange work' in the earth" (Bible Commentary, Vol. 7, p. 910).

Texas Conservative

Sounds like Saturday law.  Can't drive your car on the Lord's Day to gather with other Christians on the day of the resurrection.

Amo

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Tue Mar 05, 2024 - 08:03:10Sounds like Saturday law.  Can't drive your car on the Lord's Day to gather with other Christians on the day of the resurrection.

Yes, it sounds like old covenant Sabbath law, of a nation which rightfully combined church and state. Because God Himself was their leader. The New covenant church in Christ Jesus our Lord though, is no literal nation of this earth. And should not therefore make any laws applicable to all citizens of any town, city, state, country, or nation of this world. Rather calling only for chosen obedience to the law of God. Which God Himself in Christ Jesus our Lord forces upon no one.

Jhn 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Mat 22:21  They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Amo

https://www.comece.eu/european-sunday-alliance-issues-new-manifesto-promoting-a-work-free-sunday-for-all/

The Catholic Church in the European Union
Commission of the Bishops' Conferences of the European Union

QuoteEuropean Sunday Alliance issues new Manifesto promoting a Work-free Sunday for all

In view of the European Day for a Work-free Sunday (3 March), the European Sunday Alliance (ESA) issues on Friday, 1 March 2024, a new manifesto stressing that "synchronised resting time is an effective tool to counter loneliness and highlights its importance for the mental health of workers".

Furthermore, in the view of upcoming EU elections in June 2024, the European Sunday Alliance calls on Members of the European Parliament and candidates to the European Elections to support the Manifesto of its Steering Committee and recognise the value of the establishment of a weekly common day of rest, by tradition on Sunday, at the EU level for all citizens.

In recent days, the European Sunday Alliance ran a video campaign, raising awareness among EU and national political leaders, as well as private citizens, about the positive effects of a synchronised weekly day of rest. All videos can be viewed on ESA's social media accounts – Twitter and Facebook – or on the COMECE YouTube.

The list of MEPs that are promoting ESA's campaign includes: Miriam Lexmann (EPP – Slovakia), who is also the main sponsor of the Alliance, Gabriele Bischoff (S&D – Germany), Tomáš Zdechovský (EPP – Czech Republic), Michaela Šojdrová (EPP, Czech Republic), Katrin Langensiepen (Greens – Germany), Evelyn Regner (S&D, Austria), Dragoș Pîslaru (Renew Europe, Romania), Dennis Radtke (EPP, Germany), Brando Benifei (S&D, Italy).

The Alliance is a broad network of more than 100 national Sunday alliances, trade unions, employers' organisations, civil society associations, Churches and religious communities in the European Union. The Alliance is committed to raise awareness about the unique value of Sunday for our society and on the importance of a common day of rest. COMECE is a founder member of the European Sunday Alliance.

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/the-leading-online-college-platform-for-women-urges-people-to-embrace-sundays-for-rest-relaxation-and-reset/

Quoted article above from link below.

QuoteThe Leading Online College Platform for Women Urges People to Embrace Sundays for Rest, Relaxation and Reset

EMBRACING EUROPEAN SUNDAYS: A TIME
FOR REST, RELAXATION, AND RESET

Her Campus is the leading media platform dedicated to empowering college women around the globe. Her Campus was created by college students for college students and reaches hundreds of campuses worldwide. Members of this online community have gone on to secure jobs at the New York Times, Vogue, Vanity's Fair, NBCUniversal, Meta, Netflix, Spotify, The Washington Post, and other places.

On March 12, 2024, Her Campus published an article that encouraged everyone to start making Sunday their time for rest, relaxation, and reset. It urged us to follow the European model, which sees most businesses close on Sundays.

The article stated the following:

• "When I first moved to Europe to study abroad, I anticipated long weeks of excitement, with little time to rest. What I did not expect was the complete and utter aversion here to doing any sort of work on Sundays. I had previously heard of the stereotypical European weekends, a time for leisure away from work, but I had not truly understood the way in which certain cities seem to shut down entirely for a day of rest."

• "I initially found it very difficult to respect this day of doing nothing. I wanted to use Sundays as a time to go grocery shopping, do work at a café, or do any other sort of activity. However, with grocery stores and other shops closed, I was forced to fend for myself to figure out how to fill this day in other ways."

• "Initially, I resisted the break. Instead, I used Sundays to do everything that I could without anything being open. However, as my life grew busier, I learned to appreciate the European way of living by participating in this much-needed break."

• "Sundays became a quiet and peaceful day. With extremely busy weeks of school, homework, traveling, and other activities, it is highly important to give yourself grace and take breaks when you need them. This pre-established break once a week allows for a socially acceptable chance to do very little to absolutely nothing throughout the day."

• "I am not suggesting that every week you do absolutely nothing on Sundays (even though this is still perfectly respectable). I only urge you to take some of this European advice and incorporate it into your daily routine. Don't live for school and work, and instead take the time to give yourself a day of resting, resetting, and transitioning into your next week."

You can see how people are being conditioned to gradually but surely accept the notion of having a weekly day of rest for society. Even though this article was written for the secular mind and in no way represents a call to revive religion in society, it is still a call to embrace Rome's papal mark of apostasy, Sunday. People from all walks of life have a common goal: to restore Sunday as the traditional day of rest. Whether it's the secular media, the churches, labor unions, or even college campuses, people are talking about reviving Sunday in society.

Without a doubt, efforts are being made to raise awareness of the need to provide individuals with much-needed time off from their regular routines, jobs, and schooling. The only problem is that the proposed solution that is being offered, Sunday rest by force, will bring us to the mark of the beast crisis.

"Sooner or later Sunday laws will be passed. But there is much for God's servants to do to warn the people. This work has been greatly retarded by their having to wait and stand against the devisings of Satan, which have been striving to find a place in our work. We are years behind. God's law is to be vindicated, by the obedience of heart and mind, and by strong arguments" (Review and Herald, February 16, 1905).

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/us-senate-committee-hearings-on-a-32-hour-work-week-argued-that-people-cannot-attend-church-on-sundays-if-they-work-70-hours/

Quoted article below from link above. My comments in blue.

QuoteUS Senate Committee Hearings on a 32-hour Work Week Argued that People Cannot Attend Church on Sundays if They Work 70 Hours

The U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions heard a speech by Connecticut Democrat Senator Chris Murphy on Thursday, March 14, 2024. The committee hearings addressed the need for a 32-hour work week that would give Americans more time for leisure activities such as family socials and Sunday church services. Speaking to Mr. Shawn Fain, International President of the United Auto Workers Union, Senator Murphy said that the reason for the drop in religious attendance is that individuals are simply too exhausted after their week of work. In response, the head of the union reaffirmed that those who work too much don't have time for worship on Sundays.

The following exchange occurred in our US Congress between Senator Murphy and Union President Fain:

Senator Chris Murphy: "There's a pretty wild thing happening in America today: in 2000, 70 percent of Americans belonged to a religious institution, but today that number is 50 percent. There has been a pretty precipitous decline in the ability or willingness of Americans to go to church or to a religious institution on a regular basis. And I think that has lots of broad impacts in our society. There are a lot of reasons for that, but one of them is that Americans just have less free time. When you have to work 70 hours to get the same standard of living for your family that 40 hours would have gotten you a few decades ago, you don't have time to go to Wednesday night Bible study; you might not have the ability to even attend church services on a Sunday. You can talk about church if you want or if you don't want, but it is just true that some of the leisure time activities, some of the institutions that Americans found value and meaning in, are less accessible when you have to work these long hours. I'd love to just hear your thoughts on that."

Shawn Fain, UAW President: "One of the biggest, one of the things we talked about was the 32-hour work week when we put that in our contract talks was the fact that we wanted to create work life balance ... And as I say when you're working multiple jobs to live paycheck to paycheck or you're working seven days a week, 12 hours a day, something else is sacrificed in that, and that's what ends up happening. You have to sacrifice, you know, the ability to go to church. If it's something else to do on a Sunday, maybe you get a Sunday off and you haven't slept all weekend, and you spend the whole day sleeping. I mean that that is a reality a lot of workers face on some of the schedules they work ... I do believe Congress has an obligation here, spending priorities and regulations. And that may be an ugly word to some people that represent business."

Senator Chris Murphy: "Well, listen, I agree with you. I think we should have an interest in leisure time. We should have an interest in making sure that people are able to find value outside of work. A lot of people find value in work, and I'm glad that they do, but a lot of people find more value by the institutions and the social clubs and the churches that they affiliate and spend time with outside of work. But that is just less accessible for people today and that should be a public policy interest of the United States Congress. I appreciate this hearing allowing us to talk about that. Thank you, Mr. Chairman."

A sitting US senator is urging policymakers to get involved in ensuring that people have more time for church and recreation. According to Senator Murphy, the desire for more leisure ought to be considered a "public policy interest of the United States Congress." This is a call being made in a Senate committee to reduce the work week, and one of the justifications is so that people can get back to church on Sundays. It's not simply a call, though. A bill to cut the workweek down to only 32 hours has already been introduced.

"The dignitaries of church and State will unite to bribe, persuade, or compel all classes to honor the Sunday. The lack of divine authority will be supplied by oppressive enactments. Political corruption is destroying love of justice and regard for truth; and even in free America, rulers and legislators, in order to secure public favor, will yield to the popular demand for a law enforcing Sunday observance. Liberty of conscience, which has cost so great a sacrifice, will no longer be respected. In the soon-coming conflict we shall see exemplified the prophet's words: 'The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ'." (Great Controversy, p. 592).

So now, the same politicians who will not lift a finger to stop the non stop corruption and two tiered justice system we Americans observe, want to mandate leisure? The same politicians who have allowed for if not straight up caused the gross debt and financial decline of our nation, are going to mandate how many hours people can work in trying to cope with constant decline in the value of our money they themselves have caused? This is the complete arrogant disconnect between our politicians, and the citizens they presume to lord themselves over.

Believe it or not you bonehead arrogant politicians, some of us still demand our rights and freedoms. Still believe in the Constitutional government our forefathers created, where politicians serve the people they are supposed to represent, rather than lording themselves over them with one mandated law rule and regulation after another add nauseam. Such are the actions of self important tyrants, not those seeking to serve the citizens of a Constitutional Democratic Republic. We do not want to be your servants. We want our freedoms, our rights, and our liberties protected. Protected from the arrogant individuals who have existed all throughout history and in the present, who think they know what is best for everyone, and intend for force that vision upon everyone else.

We are not looking for such self imagined demigods to rule over us. We do not want a nanny state, or to be dependent at all upon a handful of people who have come to think way too highly of themselves. As though they were far above the rest of us. To the contrary, we see and hear just exactly the opposite concerning your non stop political intrigues and supposed wisdom. Leave us alone. Protect our interests, liberties, rights, and freedoms as our founders intended. Quit being traitorous impostures who swear to uphold the Constitution and principles this nation was built upon, and then destroy
all of the same in either self interest or traitorous service to others above and over the wishes of your own citizens. Traitorous sellouts are you almost all.

Amo

https://europeansundayalliance.eu/march-3-european-day-for-a-work-free-sunday/

QuoteMarch 3: European Day for a Work-free Sunday

On this year's annual European Day for a Work-free Sunday the European Sunday Alliances launches its manifesto for the upcoming EU elections

On the occasion of this year's annual European Day for a Work-free Sunday on March 3, the European Sunday Alliance reminds that synchronised resting time is an effective tool to counter loneliness and highlights its importance for the mental health of workers.

In the view of upcoming EU elections in June 2024, the European Sunday Alliance calls on Members of the European Parliament and candidates to the upcoming European Elections to support the Elections Manifesto of its Steering Committee to recognise the value of the establishment of a weekly common day of rest, by tradition on Sunday, at the EU level for all citizens.

On the occasion of the European Day for a Work-free Sunday, the European Sunday Alliance is glad about support for a work-free Sunday as expressed by a series of Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) from different political groups, among them Brando Benifei (S&D, Italy), Gabriele Bischoff (S&D, Germany), Katrin Langensiepen (Greens/EFA, Germany), Dragos Pislaru (Renew, Romania), Dennis Radtke (EPP, Germany), Evelyn Regner (S&D, Austria), Michaela Sojdrova (EPP, Czech Republic) and Tomas Zdechovsky (EPP, Czech Republic) – and, as sponsor of the European Sunday Alliance, Miriam Lexmann (EPP, Slovakia):

At the link provided there are several videos from some of the people listed above, voicing their support for the Alliance.

Amo

https://europeansundayalliance.eu/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/European-Sunday-Alliance-EU-elections-manifesto-2024-draft-20231212_06.pdf

Quoted Manifesto below from link above.

Manifest of the Steering Committee of the European Sunday Alliance on the occasion of the EU elections 2024
Achieving a common day of rest for workers in the EU

The European Sunday Alliance is a network of national Sunday Alliances, trade unions, civil society organizations and religious communities committed to raising awareness of the unique value of synchronised free time for our European societies.

It is coordinated by a Steering Committee bringing together the Commission of the Bishops' Conference of the EU (COMECE), the Protestant Church in Germany (Evangelische Kirche in Deutschland, EKD), the European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (CESI), the Federation of Catholic Family Associations in Europe (FAFCE), the European Services Workers Union (UNI Europa), Don Bosco International (DBI), the Jesuit European Social Centre (JESC), the International Young Christian Workers (JOCI-IYCW), the German Sunday Alliance, and the Austrian Sunday Alliance.

On the occasion of the EU elections in June 2024, the Steering Committee of the European Sunday Alliance invites interested policy makers to support the role of synchronised free time as a key element in addressing mental health issues and loneliness in our society, in particular by:

1. ensuring that all relevant EU legislation and non-legislative measures respect and promote the protection of a common weekly day of rest for all people living and working in the EU, which shall be in principle on a Sunday, in order to protect workers' health, promote a better work-life balance, and foster adequate time especially for families and young workers for worship and community, social & religious engagement.

2. promoting EU legislation guaranteeing sustainable working time patterns, including through a right to disconnect and based on the principle of decent work benefiting individual workers and thus society as well as the economy as a whole.

3. considering the great value and positive impact of synchronised free time on Sundays when it comes to finding solutions to urgent challenges of our time such as loneliness and related mental health issues.

Contacts of the Steering Committee of the European Sunday Alliance -

Commission of the Bishops' Conference of the EU
alix.dewasseige@comece.eu

Protestant Church in Germany
franziska.kuster@ekd.eu

European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions
meerkamp@cesi.org

Federation of Catholic Family Associations in Europe
m.waszkiewicz@fafce.org

The European Services Workers Union
Ilaria.Costantini@uniglobalunion.org

Sunday Alliance Germany
Stefan.Eirich@kab.de

Don Bosco International
dbi@sdb.org

Jesuit European Social Centre
benoit.willemaers@jesc.eu

International Young Christian Workers
caro.moch@joceurope.org

Sunday Alliance Austria
info@freiersonntag.at

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/protestants-and-catholics-are-on-the-inevitable-path-to-elevate-sunday-rest-in-society/

QuoteProtestants and Catholics are on the Inevitable Path to Elevate Sunday Rest in Society

Today, more than ever, our Seventh-day Adventist eschatology has proven to be accurate and relevant. In fact, the closer we get to the end of time, the more spiritually significant our final warning message becomes. Consider the bold predictions made over 130 years ago regarding the issues that will be at the forefront during the final crisis when Protestants and Catholics come together to fulfill their prophetic destiny:

"The Word of God teaches that these scenes are to be repeated as papists and Protestants shall unite for the exaltation of the Sunday. The prophecy of Revelation 13 declares that the power represented by the beast with lamb-like horns shall cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the papacy—there symbolized by the beast like unto a leopard" (Great Controversy, p. 578).

In the last days, loyalty will be the main issue, with the day of worship being the focal point. Shortly before the return of Jesus, the word of God tells us in Revelation 13 that Protestantism and Catholicism will cooperate in an attempt to impose Sunday worship. These lobbying efforts will be successful when a national Sunday law is passed in the United States, followed by an international Sunday law. Those who align themselves with the Catholic-Protestant union and pay homage to the spurious day of worship will receive the mark of the beast. Notice what Protestants and Catholics have published during this month alone.

On March 12, 2024, Catholic News Agency published an article called "A New Sabbath" and made the following bold and false claims:

• "Celebration of the Sunday Eucharist is the sign of the new and everlasting covenant for Christians"

• "If the Sabbath was Saturday, why do we emphasize Sunday? The move from Saturday to Sunday, from Sabbath to the Lord's Day, is intimately connected to the Resurrection of Jesus from the dead."

• "Sunday is thus distinguished from the Sabbath in that it replaces it, fulfills the truths of it and announces man's eternal rest in God."

• "So, it is primarily the resurrection that leads to worship and adoration of our Father on Sunday instead of Saturday."

On March 8, 2024, Hope 103.2 FM, an Evangelical Christian radio station in Sydney, Australia, published an article titled "The Sabbath Points Us to Jesus" and stated the following:

• "Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week, Sunday, which became our day of worship. This transformation from the seventh day to the first points to a new creation in Christ, fulfilling the Sabbath's foreshadowing of renewal."

On March 13, 2024, Crossway, a Protestant global media ministry, published an article titled "Does the Law of Moses Matter for Christians Today?" in which they asserted the following:

• "We gather often on Sunday because that was the definitive day that Sabbath went public, that rest became realized. So Jesus transforms the Sabbath, not that we're keeping the Sabbath one day a week, we gather for worship one day a week, but to remind ourselves what he has given us seven days a week. The law has transformed."

The argument for enforcing a Sunday law will be based on these appeals endorsing Sunday as the day of worship and rest. In fact, the efforts to make Sunday the day of rest are a sign that the end is near.

"God keeps a record with the nations: the figures are swelling against them in the books of heaven; and when it shall have become a law that the transgression of the first day of the week shall be met with punishment, then their cup will be full" (Bible Commentary, Vol. 7, p. 910).

There is a darker aspect to the push for Sunday, one that stems from animosity toward people who observe Saturday, the seventh day, God's true day of worship. The faithful remnant people of God will be the target of the intense resentment that will accompany the Sunday law:

"The whole world is to be stirred with enmity against Seventh-day Adventists, because they will not yield homage to the papacy, by honoring Sunday, the institution of this antichristian power. It is the purpose of Satan to cause them to be blotted from the earth, in order that his supremacy of the world may not be disputed" (Testimonies to Ministers, p. 37).

However menacing, deceptive, and blasphemous the calls for Sunday rest may appear, political and religious systems are held in check. In times of peril, we are reminded:

"The designs of wicked men, the enemies of the church, are subject to His power and overruling providence ... He will restrain the forces of darkness until the warning is given to the world and all who will heed it are prepared for the conflict" (Testimonies, Vol. 5, pp. 452-453).

As God restrains the forces of evil determined to impose Sunday rest laws on society, we must continue to work, presenting the standard of God's true Sabbath and warning against the loss of liberty of conscience that will accompany the impending Sunday law crisis:

"We are not doing the will of God if we sit in quietude, doing nothing to preserve liberty of conscience" (Testimonies, Vol. 5, p. 714).

"It is our duty to do all in our power to avert the threatened danger. We should endeavor to disarm prejudice by placing ourselves in a proper light before the people. We should bring before them the real question at issue, thus interposing the most effectual protest against measures to restrict liberty of conscience" (Ibid., p. 452).

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/a-new-marketing-campaign-tries-to-help-you-combat-your-sunday-fears-by-making-you-relax-on-sundays-by-consuming-cannabis/

QuoteA New Marketing Campaign Tries to Help You Combat Your Sunday Fears by Making You Relax on Sundays by Consuming Cannabis

Just when you thought that the movement to revive Sunday in society could not sink any lower, it did. A new California-based cannabis company has come out with a product to combat "Sunday Scaries." Sunday scaries is a term that has become very popular in today's society and is used to describe the feeling of anxiety and dread that many people experience on Sundays, typically in anticipation of the upcoming workweek or school week. The Sunday Scaries cannabis company claims that certain "experts" say this condition arises every Sunday and is marked by stress, depression, or tension related to the responsibilities that await people on Monday morning.

The cannabis company made the following claims:

• "Sunday Scaries are the irrational fears and internal darkness that overcome you on Sundays, when the impending doom of Monday is right around the corner."

• "Many people face this challenge, but fortunately, there are ways to combat these feelings of apprehension and regain control over your weekends. With our guidance below and the products we've designed specifically for the Sunday scaries, relief is well within reach."

• "Sunday anxiety can cause a range of symptoms from mild to severe. These include: anxiety, depression, panic attacks, mind racing, low self-esteem, increased sweating, upset stomach, headache, heart attack."

This is a marketing scheme designed to get you to buy cannabis for rest and relaxation on Sunday. Even though many people claim that the ingestion of cannabis has therapeutic benefits, including relief from pain, anxiety, and other health issues, the negative effects far exceed any minor temporary relief. A recent study published by CBS News states that cannabis, whether "smoked, eaten, or vaporized," leads to a higher risk of heart attack and stroke.

Those are just two reasons to be concerned, not to mention that cannabis also leads to impaired driving, addiction, other respiratory illnesses, mental health issues, and a host of other problems. Cannabis is just like Sunday worship; it is a scam and a hoax and will never lead to lasting relief.

The solution to Sunday Scaries and every other ailment and suffering is to love God and keep his commandments, including the seventh day, Saturday, and recognize Sunday as just another work day. God has given us the gift of work, which is nothing to be ashamed of or afraid of. Additionally, when we rest on God's true Sabbath, we will experience His divine favor and blessings:

"If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it." Isaiah 58:13, 14.

The Sabbath is a sign of God's favor for His people. When we delight ourselves in the God of the Sabbath, goodness and mercy will follow us, and we will enjoy both physical and spiritual blessings, including prosperity. We must remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/earth-sabbath-calls-on-pope-francis-to-use-his-moral-authority-to-introduce-a-weekly-day-of-rest-during-the-g7-summit-to-combat-climate-change/

QuoteEarth Sabbath Calls on Pope Francis to Use His Moral Authority to Introduce a Weekly Day of Rest During the G7 Summit to Combat Climate Change

The 2024 G7 Summit will be held in Italy from June 13 to 15, 2024. This is the annual meeting of the world's seven most developed economies: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The European Union also attends the summit. The G7 Summit's purpose is to discuss and coordinate economic policies, global challenges, and international cooperation on a wide range of issues, including economic growth, trade, security, climate change, and development.

Pope Francis will attend the G7 Summit for the first time, after being invited by the world's major economies and developed nations. This is significant because the agreements and commitments made during this summit have the potential to influence national policies and global governance.

To add to the gravity of the situation, the Earth Sabbath movement is urging Pope Francis to use his moral influence during the G7 Summit to stress the need for establishing a weekly day of rest to combat climate change.
Earth Sabbath is an advocacy organization dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint and energy consumption by persuading individuals, world leaders, and church groups to take one day off per week for the earth.

Is it just a coincidence that everyone is looking to the Pope of Rome to initiate a weekly day of rest for the world? A climate war is being fought politically, spiritually, environmentally, and economically in order to transform our world. Advocacy groups are putting pressure on politicians and religious leaders to act. And, once again, Pope Francis is at the forefront and center of temporal affairs, with the world's seven most powerful nations eager to hear his message.

This is not a coincidence. Prophecy describes how the beast of Revelation will be dictating the actions of governments. Rome will have a vital role in discussions that have to do with guiding humanity into the future. We don't have to connect the dots when it comes to Bible prophecy; world events are doing it for us. The Papal power of Bible prophecy has emerged as the primary facilitator of international peace, climate solutions, economics, ecumenism, science, and AI.

"These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast." Revelation 17:13

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?" Revelation 13:4.

The papacy, as a "queen" (Revelation 18:7) and the "mother of harlots" (Revelation 17:5), manipulates all other earthly powers. The entire world is being enticed to follow and support the great apostate power. At the G7 Summit, we will see the world's combined political powers following the beast's dictates. Bible prophecy is clear about the Pope's influence in international affairs.

If you have any doubts that Rome is working nonstop to force Laudato Si' on all world leaders, you are fast asleep, just as inspiration has said. Rome is not slowing down. She will continue to push these initiatives until the entire world accepts her policies and receives her mark of apostasy—Sunday worship by law.

"If every soldier of Christ had done his duty, if every watchman on the walls of Zion had given the trumpet a certain sound, the world might ere this have heard the message of warning. But the work is years behind. While men have slept, Satan has stolen a march upon us" (Testimonies, Vol. 9, p. 29).

Amo

http://adventmessenger.org/an-alaska-newspaper-encourages-its-readers-to-make-sunday-a-delight-to-strengthen-their-relationship-with-jesus/

QuoteAn Alaska Newspaper Encourages Its Readers to Make Sunday a Delight to Strengthen Their Relationship with Jesus

On May 6, 2024, the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, a south-central Alaska newspaper, ran an article titled "We Delight on Sunday." According to the article, Sunday is called the biblical Sabbath and is, to them, the last day of the week when we should rest and enjoy ourselves in order to strengthen our relationship with Jesus.

The newspaper published the following:

• "What do you do on the Sunday? Maybe the better question is, what do you not do on Sunday? Growing up, I heard a lot of ways people spent the last day of their weekend. Some people could do anything as long as they wore their Sunday best. Others went to church and then went on with their lives as usual. Some believed they shouldn't work on Sunday."

• "I've pondered on this frequently: what does it mean to remember the Sabbath and to keep it holy? It doesn't mean refraining from work or avoiding worldliness. In my family of origin, Sunday traditions usually involved church attendance and then letting Mom nap before she prepared a large family meal. Friends of mine might get home from church, change, and then go for a hike or a picnic to make the most of our precious Alaskan summer days."

• "The Sabbath is a day to look forward to. It's a day to break from the monotony of life and come closer to the Lord ... We should look at Sunday as a delight, a treat at the end of the week, and an opportunity for rejuvenation for the next. The Sabbath is a delight that chases away some of the darkness of our regular turmoil as we build stronger relationships and connections with Jesus Christ. After all, what is the Lord if he's not our Light?"

Part of the final work that will be done in the last days of earth's history will be to announce that the Sabbath of the Lord has been changed. Prophecy warned us that the Little Horn would attempt to change the true Lord's Day to a spurious one (Daniel 7:25). The urgency becomes clear when we consider that the secular media, political leaders, religious leaders, and the majority of the world are banding together to promote Sunday as the universal day of rest. This is why we must give God's last warning to the world right now.

We truly live in a time when the following inspired statements are unfolding before our very eyes:

"False religion will be exalted. The first day of the week, a common working day, possessing no sanctity whatever, will be set up as was the image at Babylon. All nations and tongues and peoples will be commanded to worship this spurious Sabbath [Sunday]. This is Satan's plan to make of no account the day instituted by God, and given to the world as a memorial of creation." (Bible Commentary, Vol. 7, p. 976).

"God's memorial, the seventh-day Sabbath, the sign of His work in creating the world, has been displaced by the man of sin. God's people have a special work to do in repairing the breach that has been made in His law; and the nearer we approach the end, the more urgent this work becomes. All who love God will show that they bear His sign by keeping His commandments" (Testimonies, Vol. 6, p. 265).

The eternal gospel of Jesus Christ must be preached in the context of the Three Angels' Messages in today's world. It is a tremendous responsibility and sacred trust to carry God's end-time message to the world. It indicates that this movement has received a special message from Heaven to prepare men and women for the culmination of the plan of redemption. May God keep us faithful at a time when His law is being made of no effect.

Rella

Quote from: Amo on Sat May 11, 2024 - 13:45:20http://adventmessenger.org/an-alaska-newspaper-encourages-its-readers-to-make-sunday-a-delight-to-strengthen-their-relationship-with-jesus/

::headscratch::

Everything said here sounds good and right... except to those who hold to Saturday.

This even says that Sunday is the last day of the week.

Would it not be grand if when they wrote the book of Genesis that days were actually named and not just numbered?

Amo

Quote from: Rella on Sun May 12, 2024 - 09:38:10::headscratch::

Everything said here sounds good and right... except to those who hold to Saturday.

This even says that Sunday is the last day of the week.

Would it not be grand if when they wrote the book of Genesis that days were actually named and not just numbered?

Not really. Apparently God has ordained the seven day weekly cycle, and refers to them by number Himself. In both the creation account, and the fourth commandment. No doubt He knew the contention there would be concerning His chosen sabbath day, verse man's chosen sabbath day. It has been part of the plan from the very beginning. To simplify  the matter of who worships who in one last generation before He returns unto the execution of judgment. Seven numbered days, are easier to keep track of throughout time, than seven named days, which names have been changed over the course of time. As stated previously, God Himself has reestablished which day is the seventh more than once throughout history.

Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Exo 23:12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

Exo 31:15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Exo 34:21 Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.

Exo 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Lev 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Deu 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. 13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: 14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? 2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. 3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations. 4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. 5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. 6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

God spoke His holy sabbath into existence on the seventh day before all creation. He spoke it with His own mouth again for Israel at Sinai, and wrote it with His own finger twice. But Israel and now the bulk of humanity and even "Christianity" choose not to hear, choosing their own way instead. They are not among those who hear and tremble at the word of the Lord. Instead, they choose that in which the Lord has no delight. They choose not the sanctification of the Lord, but rather to sanctify themselves. So be it.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exo 31:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

God's seventh day sabbath is a sign between Him and His own, that God alone can sanctify and therefore save anyone. Those who understand this truth, and reject it, are lost. Having rejected the sanctification of the Lord, which alone can save anyone.

The following is from the CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

QuoteSunday- fulfillment of the sabbath
2175 Sunday is expressly distinguished from the sabbath which it follows chronologically every week; for Christians its ceremonial observance replaces that of the sabbath. In Christ's Passover, Sunday fulfills the spiritual truth of the Jewish sabbath and announces man's eternal rest in God. For worship under the Law prepared for the mystery of Christ, and what was done there prefigured some aspects of Christ:[107]
Those who lived according to the old order of things have come to a new hope, no longer keeping the sabbath, but the Lord's Day, in which our life is blessed by him and by his death.[108]

2176 The celebration of Sunday observes the moral commandment inscribed by nature in the human heart to render to God an outward, visible, public, and regular worship "as a sign of his universal beneficence to all."[109] Sunday worship fulfills the moral command of the Old Covenant, taking up its rhythm and spirit in the weekly celebration of the Creator and Redeemer of his people.

A day of grace and rest from work
2184 Just as God "rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done,"[121] human life has a rhythm of work and rest. The institution of the Lord's Day helps everyone enjoy adequate rest and leisure to cultivate their familial, cultural, social, and religious lives.[122]

2185 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord's Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body.[123] Family needs or important social service can legitimately excuse from the obligation of Sunday rest. The faithful should see to it that legitimate excuses do not lead to habits prejudicial to religion, family life, and health.
The charity of truth seeks holy leisure- the necessity of charity accepts just work.[124]

2186 Those Christians who have leisure should be mindful of their brethren who have the same needs and the same rights, yet cannot rest from work because of poverty and misery. Sunday is traditionally consecrated by Christian piety to good works and humble service of the sick, the infirm, and the elderly. Christians will also sanctify Sunday by devoting time and care to their families and relatives, often difficult to do on other days of the week. Sunday is a time for reflection, silence, cultivation of the mind, and meditation which furthers the growth of the Christian interior life.

2187 Sanctifying Sundays and holy days requires a common effort. Every Christian should avoid making unnecessary demands on others that would hinder them from observing the Lord's Day. Traditional activities (sport, restaurants, etc.), and social necessities (public services, etc.), require some people to work on Sundays, but everyone should still take care to set aside sufficient time for leisure. With temperance and charity the faithful will see to it that they avoid the excesses and violence sometimes associated with popular leisure activities. In spite of economic constraints, public authorities should ensure citizens a time intended for rest and divine worship. Employers have a similar obligation toward their employees.

2188 In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church's holy days as legal holidays. They have to give everyone a public example of prayer, respect, and joy and defend their traditions as a precious contribution to the spiritual life of society. If a country's legislation or other reasons require work on Sunday, the day should nevertheless be lived as the day of our deliverance which lets us share in this "festal gathering," this "assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven."[125]

IN BRIEF
2189 "Observe the sabbath day, to keep it holy" (Deut 5:12). "The seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord" (Ex 31:15).

2190 The sabbath, which represented the completion of the first creation, has been replaced by Sunday which recalls the new creation inaugurated by the Resurrection of Christ.

2191 The Church celebrates the day of Christ's Resurrection on the "eighth day," Sunday, which is rightly called the Lord's Day (cf. SC 106).

2192 "Sunday . . . is to be observed as the foremost holy day of obligation in the universal Church" (CIC, can. 1246 # 1). "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass" (CIC, can. 1247).

2193 "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound . . . to abstain from those labors and business concerns which impede the worship to be rendered to God, the joy which is proper to the Lord's Day, or the proper relaxation of mind and body" (CIC, can. 1247).

2194 The institution of Sunday helps all "to be allowed sufficient rest and leisure to cultivate their amilial, cultural, social, and religious lives" (GS 67 # 3).

2195 Every Christian should avoid making unnecessary demands on others that would hinder them from observing the Lord's Day.

Even if or when the whole world bows to the above papal decree, they can sanctify nothing, let alone a day which the Lord never sanctified, or commanded to be observed. Those who choose to attempt to sanctify a day by their own works, or lack thereof while ignoring the day which the Lord Himself has sanctified, will be lost. They will be lost because they refused to hear the word of the Lord, and chose that which He did not delight in, over that which His word declared was a delight and should be considered such by his own.

1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Psa 40:6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

In the end, all will have chosen between the sanctification of the Lord and that which He delights in, and the traditions of men and that which they delight in. The commands of God, or the commands of men. The worship of God, nor the worship of men.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God. 6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. 8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. 9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. 14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped. 17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe. 19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Mrk 7:6 He answered and said unto them,
Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: 11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free. 12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother; 13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Rella

I am not going to quote your entire post due to length.

From it you say

"God's seventh day sabbath is a sign between Him and His own,

( And His own during creation and Genesis were the ones that Jesus came for when he said
But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.")

that God alone can sanctify and therefore save anyone. Those who understand this truth, and reject it, are lost. Having rejected the sanctification of the Lord, which alone can save anyone."

I am trying not to assume that by this you mean that those who do not celebrate the "Sabbath" which is Friday 6PM to Saturday 6PM cannot be saved????

I will remind you that the Sabbath is NOT Saturday. It is Friday evening until Saturday evening ... Just like the creation days stated... evening and morning aere day whatever.

You said

"As stated previously, God Himself has reestablished which day is the seventh more than once throughout history."

Well... he did not say it was anything other then the 7th in the Bible.
Exo 20:8  Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

You also said

"God spoke His holy sabbath into existence on the seventh day before all creation"

Then why did it take until the 2nd chapter of Genesis to be mentioned?????? Not even with the first 6 days.

God's seventh day sabbath is a sign between Him and His own, that God alone can sanctify and therefore save anyone. Those who understand this truth, and reject it, are lost. Having rejected the sanctification of the Lord, which alone can save anyone.

You know... There is nothing that was posted leading up to your RCC post that says that Sunday was the first day of the week in creation.

We do not know if Monday might have been the first day of the week like many European Calendars show their weeks.

It could have been Wednesday, or Thursday because I never saw the name Sunday posted in the Bible.

It says 6 days .. and for this I wont argue that they well could have been 6 creation periods.....

We do know that on the 7th God rested. We just dont know what actual day the 7th was on.

We also know .... in King Jimmy's translation that Gen 2 says:
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

No one argues that. I question why Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters
was on a Sunday. If it was.

We also do not know if possibly God when said to work 6 days and the 7th Sabbath rest and worship that it could apply to any stretch of 6 days and the 7th would be holy for us.

https://www.historyandheadlines.com › when-did-people-start-naming-days-of-the-week

When Did People Start Naming Days of the Week?
Christian Roman Emperor Constantine made the seven day week official in AD 321, complete with names for the days, a date that can be used for the "official" start of naming the days of the week.

https://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/library/bqa/id/118/what-are-origins-of-names-our-days-months.htm

According to the Encyclopedia International, article "Week," the days were names for the sun, the moon, and the five visible planets, all of which were associated with pagan deities. The names of the days of the week and their meanings are as follows:
Day

Corresponds To

Sunday

The sun, in honor of the sun god.

Monday

The moon, in honor of the moon god.

Tuesday

The planet Mars, in honor of the god Mars. The Saxons named this day after their god Tiw and called it Tiw's day. "Tuesday" comes from the name of this Saxon god.

Wednesday

The planet Mercury, later named in honor of the Teutonic god Wedn or Woden.

Thursday

The planet Jupiter, later named in honor of the Teutonic god Thor.

Friday

The planet Venus, later named in honor of the Teutonic goddess Frigg or Freia.

Saturday

The planet Saturn, in honor of the Roman god Saturn.

But how did this planetary week come to be so commonly used in the professing Christian world?

Hutton Webster, in his book Rest Days, provides the answer: "The early Christians had at first adopted the Jewish seven-day week with its numbered weekdays, but by the close of the third century AD this began to give way to the planetary week. . . . The use of planetary names by Christians attests the growing influence of astrological speculations introduced by converts from paganism. . . . Thus, gradually a pagan institution was engrafted on Christianity" (emphasis added; see pages 220-221).

This planetary week with its days named after pagan deities is not of God. God Almighty did create the week with seven days, but He merely numbered the days one through seven (Genesis 1:3—2:3). The only day He named was the seventh day, calling it the "Sabbath" (Exodus 16:22-26; 20:8-11).

https://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/04/the-origin-of-the-7-day-week-and-the-names-of-the-days-of-the-week/

Whatever the case, the Ancient Romans, during the Republic, did not use a seven day week, but rather went with eight days.  One "eighth day" of every week was set aside as a shopping day where people would buy and sell things, particularly buying food supplies for the following week.

Rather than labeling the days of the week with actual names, at this time the Romans labeled them with letters, A-H.  You might think from this that the "H" was always the shopping day, but this isn't correct.  You see, the calendar year did not divide evenly by eight.  Thus, the day of the week that was the day to go shopping changed every year, but they still often referred to days based on its proximity to the shopping day.

For reasons not entirely clear, within a century after the introduction of the Julian Calendar was introduced in 46 BC, the eight day week started to diminish in popularity in favor of the seven day week.  The full switch was not sudden, happening over centuries, and for a time, as the seven day week grew in popularity, both the seven and eight day weeks were used in Rome simultaneously.  Finally, after the popularity of the eight day week diminished to almost nothing, Constantine, the first Christian Roman Emperor, made the seven day week official in AD 321.  Due to the influence of both Rome and Christianity, this has stuck in most regions of the world ever since.

We will not know the truth until we get off this planet.

Amo

Quote( And His own during creation and Genesis were the ones that Jesus came for when he said
But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.")

There was no Israel at creation. Nor was Jesus sent only to the lost sheep of Israel, but the statement was made by Jesus to test the faith of the Canaanite woman who was seeking healing from Him. Go back and read it in context.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

QuoteI am trying not to assume that by this you mean that those who do not celebrate the "Sabbath" which is Friday 6PM to Saturday 6PM cannot be saved????

I will remind you that the Sabbath is NOT Saturday. It is Friday evening until Saturday evening ... Just like the creation days stated... evening and morning aere day whatever.

Yes, I know when the sabbath begins and ends. God alone can sanctify anything, whether it be a day as He sanctified the sabbath, or a person as He sanctifies the saved. Man cannot sanctify either a day, or themselves. They are dependent upon God for this, through Christ Jesus our Lord. When one rejects what God has sanctified, while trying to sanctify that which He has not, they are in a lost condition.

QuoteThen why did it take until the 2nd chapter of Genesis to be mentioned?????? Not even with the first 6 days.

The chapter divisions of scripture we read today, are not part of the original format of scripture. The following link might help.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-study/topical-studies/when-and-how-was-the-bible-split-into-chapters-and-verses.html

QuoteYou know... There is nothing that was posted leading up to your RCC post that says that Sunday was the first day of the week in creation.

We do not know if Monday might have been the first day of the week like many European Calendars show their weeks.

It could have been Wednesday, or Thursday because I never saw the name Sunday posted in the Bible.

It says 6 days .. and for this I wont argue that they well could have been 6 creation periods.....

We do know that on the 7th God rested. We just dont know what actual day the 7th was on.

We also know .... in King Jimmy's translation that Gen 2 says:
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

No one argues that. I question why Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters
was on a Sunday. If it was.

We also do not know if possibly God when said to work 6 days and the 7th Sabbath rest and worship that it could apply to any stretch of 6 days and the 7th would be holy for us.

Do you think the Lord Jesus Christ did not know which was the first day of the week, or the seventh day sabbath? Have Christians and Jews lost track of the seventh day or first day over time? People can't have it both ways. If we do not know when the seventh day is, then we do not know when the first day is either. The supposed Lord's day of Sunday keepers has no meaning therefore as well.

God made the seven day week official at creation, and His people have maintained it ever since. When He established His nation of Israel, He established the seven day week again, and His holy sabbath. When our Lord Jesus came and established truth, He confirmed the seventh day sabbath once again. Or do you think God forgot which day it was?

Rella

Quote from: Amo on Mon May 13, 2024 - 21:15:38Do you think the Lord Jesus Christ did not know which was the first day of the week, or the seventh day sabbath? Have Christians and Jews lost track of the seventh day or first day over time? People can't have it both ways. If we do not know when the seventh day is, then we do not know when the first day is either. The supposed Lord's day of Sunday keepers has no meaning therefore as well.

God made the seven day week official at creation, and His people have maintained it ever since. When He established His nation of Israel, He established the seven day week again, and His holy sabbath. When our Lord Jesus came and established truth, He confirmed the seventh day sabbath once again. Or do you think God forgot which day it was?

Can you prove to me that 6000 some years ago that from 6PM last night to 6PM this evening could not have been the day that....1  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

WE KNOW that there was a day one. We also know that the days of the week were not named for a very long time...
from above...
https://www.historyandheadlines.com › when-did-people-start-naming-days-of-the-week

Christian Roman Emperor Constantine made the seven day week official in AD 321, complete with names for the days, a date that can be used for the "official" start of naming the days of the week.

Also: from above

Hutton Webster, in his book Rest Days, provides the answer: "The early Christians had at first adopted the Jewish seven-day week with its numbered weekdays,

Whatever the case, the Ancient Romans, during the Republic, did not use a seven day week, but rather went with eight days.  One "eighth day" of every week was set aside as a shopping day where people would buy and sell things, particularly buying food supplies for the following week.

Rather than labeling the days of the week with actual names, at this time the Romans labeled them with letters, A-H.  You might think from this that the "H" was always the shopping day, but this isn't correct.  You see, the calendar year did not divide evenly by eight.  Thus, the day of the week that was the day to go shopping changed every year, but they still often referred to days based on its proximity to the shopping day.

For reasons not entirely clear, within a century after the introduction of the Julian Calendar was introduced in 46 BC, the eight day week started to diminish in popularity in favor of the seven day week.  The full switch was not sudden, happening over centuries, and for a time, as the seven day week grew in popularity, both the seven and eight day weeks were used in Rome simultaneously.  Finally, after the popularity of the eight day week diminished to almost nothing, Constantine, the first Christian Roman Emperor, made the seven day week official in AD 321.  Due to the influence of both Rome and Christianity, this has stuck in most regions of the world ever since.

I have been spending an excruciating amount of time recently in study of calendars to actually.... (never mind, it is a subject for another time) But I can tell you there were not just one calendar of the day... there was enough to make the pinpointing of a day vary so that it is purely guess work and speckulation on ... well, lets say, for example the exact years Herod died and Jesus was born.

Some fun facts:
https://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/year-history.html

As a result, it wasn't until 1582, by which time Caesar's calendar had drifted a full 10 days off course, that Pope Gregory XIII (1502 - 1585) finally reformed the Julian calendar. Ironically, by the time the Catholic church buckled under the weight of the scientific reasoning that pointed out the error, it had lost much of its power to implement the fix. Protestant tract writers responded to Gregory's calendar by calling him the "Roman Antichrist" and claiming that its real purpose was to keep true Christians from worshiping on the correct days. The "new" calendar, as we know it today, was not adopted uniformly across Europe until well into the 18th century.

https://acearchive.org/history-of-calendars

One such structure is the Wurdi Youang stone arrangement found in Victoria, Australia. The site could date back more than 11,000 years and is believed to have been used for tracking the movements of the sun. While the estimate is based on the inaccuracy of the calendar, which is consistent with how the Earth's supposed orbit is thought to have changed during that time, it is still a remarkable example of prehistoric timekeeping.

Interesting.... we have time keeping before Adam walked in the garden......  LOVE it ::inlove::

In Bulgaria, a ceramic artifact known as the Slatino furnace model has been hailed as the oldest known calendar representation. Dating back to roughly 5,000 BC, the artifact depicts what is believed to be a lunar calendar, although this claim is not endorsed by mainstream views.

In Scotland, a mesolithic arrangement of twelve pits and an arc was discovered in Warren Field, Aberdeenshire. Dating back to roughly 8,000 BC, the arrangement has been described as a lunar calendar and was dubbed the "world's oldest known calendar" in 2013. This discovery has led to a rethinking of the technological and intellectual capabilities of prehistoric societies.

The Vučedol culture archaeological findings in Vinkovci, modern-day Croatia, included a ceramic vessel dated to 2,600 BC that was interpreted as an astral calendar. The vessel bears inscribed ideograms of celestial objects and is considered the oldest one in Europe that shows the year starting at the dusk of the first day of spring.

___________-
Most of these are long after creation....

In my studies recently there are those who have their calendars over lapping with each other... and depending on who you are or lived... they will be different.

Two of the papers I have recently read on the birth of Jesus... which of course is only guess work like the others
state definitively

the Messiah was born just before the close of the Sabbath on Nisan 1, March 20, 6 BC.

yet another claims

We can be relatively certain, therefore, that Jesus must have been born sometime between the ith month of Saturninus' term as governor of Syria in 8 bc, and the ith month of 7 bc, still during Saturninus' term, given that governors arrived in their provinces at the beginning of each year.

So if there is confusion about a 2000 year old event that actually had a calendar of the time...

HOW can you be so sure that DAY1 was Sunday and the Sabbath was Saturday (Fri-Sat) not today?

You cannot.....

Wycliffes_Shillelagh

Quote from: Rella on Tue May 14, 2024 - 08:05:32HOW can you be so sure that DAY1 was Sunday and the Sabbath was Saturday (Fri-Sat) not today?

You cannot.....
"Sabbath" is just Hebrew for "7th."  I reckon we can know for sure that the 7th day was the 7th day.  ::lookaround::

But that is an issue for Sabbatarians.  They want a special day with a special name, but the reality is it's quite generic.

If you read "7th" throughout your Bible rather than "sabbath" - and you should - then the commandment is much less strict.  Any 7th day will work - whether it's a Saturday or Sunday or even a Wednesday - as long as you do it regularly every 7th day.

Rella

Quote from: Wycliffes_Shillelagh on Tue May 14, 2024 - 14:58:13"Sabbath" is just Hebrew for "7th."  I reckon we can know for sure that the 7th day was the 7th day.  ::lookaround::

But that is an issue for Sabbatarians.  They want a special day with a special name, but the reality is it's quite generic.

If you read "7th" throughout your Bible rather than "sabbath" - and you should - then the commandment is much less strict.  Any 7th day will work - whether it's a Saturday or Sunday or even a Wednesday - as long as you do it regularly every 7th day.

Exactly.

Jaime

Most Cnristian's give special status to the first day of the week or Sunday or as they call it "the Lord's Day. There is no more credence to that than what Jarod described the 7th day. Might it be ANY First day as one finds his circumstances to be? I don't buy that the Sabbath was nust ANY 7th day as we see fit anymore than Sunday having the same flexibiility.

Wycliffes_Shillelagh

Quote from: Jaime on Wed May 15, 2024 - 11:22:55Most Christian's give special status to the first day of the week or Sunday or as they call it "the Lord's Day. There is no more credence to that than what Jarod described the 7th day. Might it be ANY First day as one finds his circumstances to be?

I don't buy that the Sabbath was just ANY 7th day as we see fit anymore than Sunday having the same flexibility.
Is Sunday-observance the same as Sabbath-rest?  I don't think they are.  They certainly didn't start out to be...

The Mosaic commandment for Sabbath was a worker's right.  The intention was that employees would not be worked to death.  This intention is upheld when one rests every 7th day, regardless of which day you rest.  This is what I said previously.

The New Testament practice of observing The Lord's Day was NOT for rest.  It was for the church's business - the collection and distribution of alms being the chief one.

While the day officially coincides with the day of the Lord's resurrection, the timing was chosen specifically so that it would compete with the pagan practice of Market Day.  The Greeks and Romans assembled at the town center on the 1st day of the week to sell their goods, including the meats-sacrificed-to-idols that Paul addresses at some length.  By meeting outside the city, the church assured that its members couldn't attend market day and limited the purchase of idol-meat and other items dedicated to demons, with the happy side-effect of causing them to give business to each other.

Today, we still have a two-day weekend, with one day being for rest (Saturday) and one for assembling the brethren (Sunday).  Give each day its due, and let's not confuse the two of them.

Jaime

I go with God setting a weekly "date night" so to interact with his  beloved people, natural branches and grafted on branches of His olive tree; an appointed time, as He calls it, and not intended in any way as a burden, but a delight. The Pharisees had corrupted the Sabbath into a burden much  like they did with the rest of Torah. Jesus's Sermon on the Mount in Mathew 5 brought the Torah back into proper perspective, inclusive of the Spirit of the Law like God intended and not just the LETTER of the Law.

In Isaiah 58:

Quote13 "If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath,
    from doing your pleasure[c] on my holy day,
and call the Sabbath a delight
    and the holy day of the Lord honorable;
if you honor it, not going your own ways,
    or seeking your own pleasure,[d] or talking idly;[e]
14 then you shall take delight in the Lord,
    and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;[f]
I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father,
    for the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

In Mark 2:

Quote27 And he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath."

It's God's day. Kinda like OUR date nights with our spouse.

Texas Conservative

Are we (Gentiles) grafted in to The Law?

No.

Was Isaiah written to us (Gentiles grafted in)? 

No.  Though certainly there for edification and knowledge of God's story.

Was the Sermon on the Mount delivered specifically to us (Gentiles grafted in)?

Again, no. 

The early church met together with each other on the 1st day.  And this happened in the church in Jerusalem in the beginning and in the churches with Gentiles.

If you want to meet on Friday night or in the day on Saturday (1st day), go right ahead.  Fulfill what your conscience tells you.

However, the reasoning given is not accurate.  Context and intended audience matter.

Jaime

The sermon on the Mount was Jesus correct the Pharisees. faulty interpretation of the Law. Hes my reasons are accurate. We are grafted into the people of God, the israel of  God.

The Isaiah passage points out that the Sabbath was meant for a delight motburden. GOD's and OUR delight. It is God's day. His appointed time.  AND Jesus is the Lord of that Day, His, the Lord's Day.

I also encourage you to meet when your conscience dictates.

Also many met on tbe Sabbath in the first century. I don't  believe the case for Sunday is at all strong. In Acts 2 they were meeting every day breaking bread in rach other's homes. Yoo do what you think is right and I and others will do what we think is right.

The last thing I wanted was to argue about  it, but present a perspective  of the date night since that perspective affected my understanding of the Sabbath fairly recently. HSimilar to my recent understanding that Sinai was a wedding ceremony with vows etc. and even a wedding feast. I had missed that most of my life as I had missed about the grafted in part that was ommitted my whole life in the cofc because of their insistance that Romans 9-11 was a paranthetic passage  aside from the real lesson of Romans, so it was never included in  any series on Romans. I can only assume that was a result of antisemitic thinking of that day.

Texas Conservative

I have met with other Christians on Saturday, and now do it on Sunday morning.  And Wednesdays, if not at other times.  I regard each day of the week for those not under the law to be the same (Colossians 2).

Romans 9-11 were taught and are taught in my brotherhood.   

I do not believe that God's promises to physical Israel were discarded once the church came into existence. 

I also lean more towards God choosing than the "free will" position because God clearly says He chooses and that we are spiritually dead up until the time the Holy Spirit draws us.  And I believe the draw of the Holy Spirit is not just the arrival of the bible, and someone telling us the gospel.

Jaime

I don't believe God's special day was changed., except by the Catholics which most of Christianity inherited that decision. If it had changed in the Bible, it would be MUCH clearer and not at all as stealthy of a notion as it seems to me.

We argue about the purpose of baptism, and to me the purpose of Sabbath is a whole lot clearer.

Texas Conservative

Quote from: Jaime on Thu May 16, 2024 - 15:11:01I don't believe God's special day was changed., except by the Catholics which most of Christianity inherited that decision. If it had changed in the Bible, it would be MUCH clearer and not at all as stealthy of a notion as it seems to me.

We argue aboit the pirposr of baptism, and to me the Sabbath is a whole lot clearer.

You are arguing against something I didn't say.

Sabbath = Friday evening to Saturday evening.  Always has been.

However, we are not under The Law as Christians.

Jaime

I am not just addressing you but anyone reading my comments about the Sabbath.

The Sabbath was pre-mosaic law. God's Law is the 10 commandments and not just 9 are eternal in my opinion. The ceremonial law of sacrifices and such was nailed to the cross. i believe we are not under the law of sin and death as Christians.

Amo

Quote from: Rella on Tue May 14, 2024 - 08:05:32Can you prove to me that 6000 some years ago that from 6PM last night to 6PM this evening could not have been the day that....1  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was [a]formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was [c]moving over the [d]surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

WE KNOW that there was a day one. We also know that the days of the week were not named for a very long time...
from above...

Hutton Webster, in his book Rest Days, provides the answer: "The early Christians had at first adopted the Jewish seven-day week with its numbered weekdays,

I have been spending an excruciating amount of time recently in study of calendars to actually.... (never mind, it is a subject for another time) But I can tell you there were not just one calendar of the day... there was enough to make the pinpointing of a day vary so that it is purely guess work and speckulation on ... well, lets say, for example the exact years Herod died and Jesus was born.

Some fun facts:
https://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/year-history.html

As a result, it wasn't until 1582, by which time Caesar's calendar had drifted a full 10 days off course, that Pope Gregory XIII (1502 - 1585) finally reformed the Julian calendar. Ironically, by the time the Catholic church buckled under the weight of the scientific reasoning that pointed out the error, it had lost much of its power to implement the fix. Protestant tract writers responded to Gregory's calendar by calling him the "Roman Antichrist" and claiming that its real purpose was to keep true Christians from worshiping on the correct days. The "new" calendar, as we know it today, was not adopted uniformly across Europe until well into the 18th century.

https://acearchive.org/history-of-calendars

One such structure is the Wurdi Youang stone arrangement found in Victoria, Australia. The site could date back more than 11,000 years and is believed to have been used for tracking the movements of the sun. While the estimate is based on the inaccuracy of the calendar, which is consistent with how the Earth's supposed orbit is thought to have changed during that time, it is still a remarkable example of prehistoric timekeeping.

Interesting.... we have time keeping before Adam walked in the garden......  LOVE it ::inlove::

In Bulgaria, a ceramic artifact known as the Slatino furnace model has been hailed as the oldest known calendar representation. Dating back to roughly 5,000 BC, the artifact depicts what is believed to be a lunar calendar, although this claim is not endorsed by mainstream views.

In Scotland, a mesolithic arrangement of twelve pits and an arc was discovered in Warren Field, Aberdeenshire. Dating back to roughly 8,000 BC, the arrangement has been described as a lunar calendar and was dubbed the "world's oldest known calendar" in 2013. This discovery has led to a rethinking of the technological and intellectual capabilities of prehistoric societies.

The Vučedol culture archaeological findings in Vinkovci, modern-day Croatia, included a ceramic vessel dated to 2,600 BC that was interpreted as an astral calendar. The vessel bears inscribed ideograms of celestial objects and is considered the oldest one in Europe that shows the year starting at the dusk of the first day of spring.

___________-
Most of these are long after creation....

In my studies recently there are those who have their calendars over lapping with each other... and depending on who you are or lived... they will be different.

Two of the papers I have recently read on the birth of Jesus... which of course is only guess work like the others
state definitively

the Messiah was born just before the close of the Sabbath on Nisan 1, March 20, 6 BC.

yet another claims

We can be relatively certain, therefore, that Jesus must have been born sometime between the ith month of Saturninus' term as governor of Syria in 8 bc, and the ith month of 7 bc, still during Saturninus' term, given that governors arrived in their provinces at the beginning of each year.

So if there is confusion about a 2000 year old event that actually had a calendar of the time...

HOW can you be so sure that DAY1 was Sunday and the Sabbath was Saturday (Fri-Sat) not today?

You cannot.....

It seems the source of your troubles in this area, is akin to those of the evolutionary faith. In that they are basing what they believe upon extra biblical authority or histories above the testimony of scripture. As though they were more accurate or trustworthy. The matter does not concern what kind of weekly cycle pagans or others kept or not. It concerns the weekly cycle clearly delineated in the holy scriptures, and or if, God's own ever lost track of that seven day weekly cycle. Leading to the conclusion that it now no longer matters which day we observe as God's holy Sabbath.

According to biblical history of course, we have not. Neither have we according to the history of Christianity in general, and in relation to paganism. As already stated on this thread, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who was and is God, did not keep the wrong seventh day sabbath. Neither have the Jews or Christians lost track of which day is God's sabbath, or the first or seventh day of the week. To the contrary, these two days have been points of interest and or contention throughout history to date. We have not lost track of their proper places in, or the weekly cycle.

The following quote is from the link provided above it. It was provided in the OP of this thread years ago. According to it, we can know which day is the first or Sunday, by the attention drawn to it all throughout history to the present. This attention being unavoidable for all citizens of various empires and nations, due to the great many Sunday laws in existence since the Roman Empire, both of pagan and "Christian" origin and or intent. Knowing which day the first day or Sunday has been since that time, we of course know then also, which has continued to be the seventh day.

http://www.archive.org/stream/sundaylegislat00lewi#page/n3/mode/2up

QuoteSunday legislation began in the Pagan State Church of the Roman Empire, as the following pages show. To the Romans religion was only a department of civil government. The emperor had absolute power to appoint days in honor of the gods, and the first Sunday edict was purely Pasran in honor of the Sun God. Much of the genius of the Roman Empire passed into the first great State Church — the Roman Catholic. Legislation touching Sunday and many associate days was a prominent feature in the history of that Church through the centuries of its supremacy in Europe. The reformers of the sixteenth century continued such legislation. Puritanism invented a new religious theory of Sunday observance and supported it by rigid civil laws. These were fully enforced under the Theocracy of the Colonial Period in America. From that time to the present the evolution of Sunday legislation in the United States has gone forward rapidly, and the following verdicts now demand consideration :

The successful enforcement of Sunday legislation has never been attained except when men have had conscientious regard for it because imposed by the State Church, as under Roman Catholic rule, or because of divine authority believed to be embodied in the civil law, as under Cromwell and in the New England Theocracy.

(2) The evolution of Sunday legislation under the State-Church system in Europe has resulted in the " Continental Sunday." That result was inevitable.

(3) Christians and non-Christians now agree that Sunday laws can not be enforced on religious grounds ; nevertheless, the Sunday laws continue to be self-contradictory by making things which are intrinsically good and desirable up to tAvelve o'clock on Saturday night criminal for the next twenty-four hours. A law which makes it a crime not to be idle for a specific number of hours in each week can not stand the tests of logic and common sense in this tAventieth century.

(4) Enforced idleness, under Sunday laws, strengthens the saloon and the brothel, and makes Sunday their best harvest-time. This is one reason why the saloon seeks for legalized opening.

(5) The Avorst evils of the present time Avill continue and increase until idleness on Sunday is made permissive and not compulsory.

pelling all men to be idle on a given day, when religious convictions do not demand idleness, fosters the lower types of holidayism and debauchery. The situation in New York city is an index of the situation in all our larger cities.

(6) Two alternatives are at the door, and the American people must choose between them :

(a) The strengthening and perpetuating of the liquor traffic and its associate evils, through the present system of compulsory idleness on Sundays, and legalized saloons on all other days.

(b) A new departure which will secure permissive and protected rest to each employed person for one day in the week, the day being determined by the employed person and the employer. Meanwhile, legislation touching the liquor traffic should separate that traffic from all other forms of business.

(7) These are some of the verdicts which history has recorded concerning Sunday legislation ; prayers and politics will strive in vain to evade them or the logical results yet to follow.

We can see and understand the same truth verified from the above histories regarding Sunday legislation, in examining the history of the seventh day sabbath observance of Jews and Christians to date as well. As there have been seventh day sabbath keepers all throughout history since the Roman Empire as well. We have not lost track of the proper place of these chosen and observed holy days since the time of Christ our Lord, who unquestionably observed the proper seventh day sabbath of holy scripture. I will repost the histories of seventh day sabbath observance on this thread again as time provides.

Amo

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Thu May 16, 2024 - 16:07:05You are arguing against something I didn't say.

Sabbath = Friday evening to Saturday evening.  Always has been.

However, we are not under The Law as Christians.

Will you declare the same about the other ten commandments, to the effect that they are not longer to be kept by Christians? If not, why not? If so, are you declaring that there is no longer sin in the world to be avoided by Christians?

1Jn 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

4WD

Quote from: Amo on Sat May 18, 2024 - 07:03:30Will you declare the same about the other ten commandments, to the effect that they are not longer to be kept by Christians? If not, why not? If so, are you declaring that there is no longer sin in the world to be avoided by Christians?

1Jn 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
The commandment concerning the sabbath is the only one of the ten that is not repeated in one form or another in the NT. And beyond that, Paul spoke out against passing judgment in questions with regard to the sabbath (Col 2:16). 

Jaime

Quote from: 4WD on Sat May 18, 2024 - 07:48:46The commandment concerning the sabbath is the only one of the ten that is not repeated in one form or another in the NT. And beyond that, Paul spoke out against passing judgment in questions with regard to the sabbath (Col 2:16).

Wouldn't the admonition to the gentile church at Colossi have been to remind the gentiles there not to judge those that keep the Sabbath or eat Kosher instead of the other  way around?

Jaime

Personally I like this quote from the link provided:

In addition to being God's appointment (appointed) time with us,
QuoteAs followers of Jesus, God does not expect us to live by Israel's laws. However, the wisdom of these laws remains, and the law of the Sabbath is rich with significance for us today. Sabbath is not a commandment we are bound to; it's a promise we're invited to enjoy.

Sabbath rest is an invitation to practice for eternity in God's presence. It is an act of regular and intentional trust of God's rule on Earth. We shabbat in order to nuakh—when we stop working, we can truly rest in God's presence. When we practice this purposeful pause, we make room for God to take up residence in our individual lives and communities. And when we do this, we take part in the new creation story, setting the stage for God to make his dwelling place once again on Earth.

https://bibleproject.com/articles/keeping-the-sabbath-is-it-still-relevant-to-christians-today/#:~:text=Sabbath%20is%20not%20a%20commandment,of%20God's%20rule%20on%20Earth.

Amo

Quote from: 4WD on Sat May 18, 2024 - 07:48:46The commandment concerning the sabbath is the only one of the ten that is not repeated in one form or another in the NT. And beyond that, Paul spoke out against passing judgment in questions with regard to the sabbath (Col 2:16).

The sabbath is mentioned 50 times in the gospels of the King James version. Much of this in relation to controversy between our Lord Jesus Christ who declared Himself Lord of the sabbath, concerning the sabbath's proper observance. Our Lord never hinted at anything like an end to sabbath observance or an end to any of the Ten Commandments of God. The bible and New Testament admonish all to keep the commandments of God right up to the last book and chapter.

Once again, here you are suggesting biblical doctrine built upon what scripture does not say anywhere, rather than that which it does plainly state. Your false contention that the sabbath of God need not be kept anymore because there is not an exact quote of the commandment in the New Testament, is contradicted by the following conclusive statement by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 12:1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. 9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: 10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. 13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. 14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

Your use of Col 2:16 as proof that the fourth commandment is no more, has been addressed many times already on these boards. The fourth commandment of God, spoken by His own mouth and written with His own finger, reaffirmed by Christ Jesus our Lord who declared Himself the Lord of the sabbath, does not fit into the category or context of laws being addressed by Paul in those verse. Which Paul declares to be about commandments and doctrines of men. It is about the ceremonial laws and sabbaths which were but a shadow of the truth in Christ Jesus our Lord, written by the hand of Moses and others later. Not the commandments of God which the New Testament admonishes all to keep up to the last book and chapter, which Paul himself also admonishes all to keep in his testimonies.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. 18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. 20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Amo

http://www.projectrestore.com/library/timejoy/tjoych11.htm

Quotes below from link above.

Quote1ST CENTURY AD

"For almost all churches throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries [Lord's supper] on the Sabbath of every week." Socrates Scholasticus, Eccl. History

"Then the spiritual seed of Abraham [Christians] fled to Pella, on the other side of Jordan, where they found a safe place of refuge, and could serve their Master and keep His Sabbath." Eusebius's Ecclesiastical History.

Philo, the philosopher and historian, affirms that this Sabbath was on the seventh-day of the week.

2ND CENTURY

"The primitive Christians had a great veneration for the Sabbath, and spent the day in devotion and sermons... They derived this practice from the Apostles themselves, as appears by several scriptures to that purpose." D. T H. Morer (Church of England) Dialogues on the Lord's Day, London, 1701.

2ND, 3RD, 4TH CENTURIES

"From the apostles' time until the Council of Laodicea [364 AD], the holy observation of the Jews' Sabbath continued, as may be proved out of many authors: yea, notwithstanding the decree of the council against it." John Ley, Sunday A Sabbath, London, 1640.

3RD CENTURY

"As early as 225 A.D. there existed large Sabbath-keeping bishoprics or conferences of the Church of the East stretching from Palestine to India." Mingana, Early Spread of Christianity.

4TH CENTURY

"In the church of Milan (Italy) it seems that the Saturday was held in a fair esteem. Not that the Eastern churches or any of the rest which observed that day, were inclined to Judaism; but that they came together on the Sabbath day to worship Jesus the Lord of the Sabbath." Dr. Peter Heylyn, History of the Sabbath, London, 1636.

"For more than 17 centuries the Abyssinian Church continued to sanctify Saturday as the holy day of the 4th commandment." Ambrose de Morbius.

"Ambrose, the celebrated bishop of Milan, said that when he was in Milan he observed Saturday, but when in Rome observed Sunday. This gave rise to the proverb, 'When you are in Rome, do as Rome does."' Heylyn, History of the Sabbath

Persia 335-375 A.D. "They [the Christians] despise our sun-god. Did not Zoroaster, the sainted founder of our divine beliefs, institute Sunday one thousand years ago in honor of the sun and supplant the Sabbath of the Old Testament? Yet these Christians have divine services on Saturday." O'Leary, The Syriac Church and Fathers.

5TH CENTURY

"Augustine [whose testimony is made the more impressive by his being a committed Sunday-keeper] shows.. that the [seventh-day] Sabbath was observed in his day 'in the greater part of the Christian world."' Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, 1st series, voL 1, pp. 353, 354

"Down even to the fifth century the observance of the Jewish Sabbath was continued in the Christian church." Lyman Coleman, Ancient Christianity Exemplified , p. 526.

"In 411 [Mingana, leader of the Eastern Churches] appointed a metropolitan director for China. These churches were sanctifying the seventh day." J. F. Colthart, The Sabbath Through The Centuries, p. 11.

6TH CENTURY

"In this latter instance they [the Scottish Church] seem to have foflowed a custom of which we find traces in the early monastic church of Ireland by which they held Saturday to be the Sabbath on which they rested from all their labors." W. T. Skene, Adamnan's Lfe of St. Columba, 1874, p. 96.

On Columba of lona: "Having continued his labors in Scotland thirty-four years, he clearly and openly foretold his death, and on Saturday, June ninth, said to his disciple Diermit: 'This is the day called the Sabbath, that is, the rest day, and such it will truly be to me; for it will put an end to my labors."' Butler's Lives of the Saints, article on "St. Columba."

7TH CENTURY

"It seems to have been customary in the Celtic churches of early times, in Ireland as well as Scotland, to keep Saturday ... as a day of rest from labor. They obeyed the fourth commandment literally on the seventh day of the week." Jas. C. Moffatt, The Chutch In Scotland.

From Gregory I, Pope of Rome 590-604: "Roman citizens: It has come to me that certain men of perverse spirit have disserninated among you things depraved and opposed to the holy faith, so that they forbid anything to be done on the day of the Sabbath. What shall I call them except preachers of anti-christ?"

8TH CENTURY

India, China, Persia, etc. "Widespread and enduring was the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath among the believers of the Church of the East and the St. Thomas Christians of India, who never were connected with Rome. It was also maintained among those bodies which broke off from Rome after the Council of Chalcedon, namely the Abyssinians, the Jacobites, the Marionites, and the Armenians." New Schaff Hertog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, article "Nestorians."

"On the seventh day we offer sacrifices, after having purified our hearts, and receive absolution for our sins. This religion, so perfect and so excellent, is difficult to name, but it enlightens darkness by its brilliant precepts." China, 781 A.D. The China Monument

9TH CENTURY

"Pope Nicholas I, in the ninth century, sent the ruling prince of Bulgaria a long document saying in it that one is to cease from work on Sunday, but not on the Sabbath. The head of the Greek Church, offended at the interference of the papacy, declared the Pope excommunicated." B. G. Wilkinson, Ph.D., Truth Triumphant, p. 232.

10TH CENTURY

"The Nestorians eat no pork and keep the Sabbath. They believe neither in auricular confession nor purgatory." New Schaff Hertog Encyclopedia, article, "Nestorians."

11TH CENTURY

"Margaret of Scotland in 1060 attempted to bring ruin to Columba's spiritual descendants by moving against those who observed the seventh-day Sabbath instead of Sunday." Reported by T. R. Barnett in Margaret of Scotland; Queen and Saint, p. 97.

Concerning the separation of the Greek Church from the Latin Church in 1054: "The observance of the Saturday, is, as everyone knows, the subject of bitter dispute between the Greeks and the Latins." J.M. Neale, A History of the Holy Eastern Church, voL 1, p. 731.

12TH CENTURY

"Traces of Sabbath-keepers are found in.. the twelfth century in Lombardy."Strong's Encyclopedia.

On the Waldenses of 1120: "Observance of the Sabbath.. is enjoined." Blair, History of the Waldenses, vol.1, p. 220.

France: "For twenty years Peter de Bruys stirred southern France. He especially emphasized a day of worship that was recognized at that time among the Celtic churches of the British Isles, among the Paulicians, and in the great Church of the east, namely, that seventh day of the fourth commandment." Coltheart; p. 18

13TH CENTURY

"Canons Against Sabbathkeepers, Council of Toulouse, 1229: Canon 3. The lords of the different districts shall have the villas, houses, and woods diligently searched, and the hiding places of the heretics destroyed. Canon 4. Lay members are not allowed to possess the books of either the Old or the New Testaments:" Hefele.

"The Paulicians, Petrobusians, Passaginians, Waldenses, Insabbatati were great Sabbath-keeping bodies of Europe down to 1250." Coltheart, p. 19.

14TH CENTURY

"In 1310, two hundred years before Luther's theses, the Bohemian brethren constituted one-fourth of the population of Bohemia, and were in touch with the Waldenses who abounded in Austria, Lombardy, Bohemia, north Germany, Thuringia, Brandenburg, and Moravia. Erasmus pointed out how strictly Bohemian Waldenses kept the seventh day Sabbath." Robert Cox, The Literature of the Sabbath Question, vol.2, pp. 201, 202.

Norway: "Also the priests have caused the people to keep Saturdays as Sundays." Theological Periodicals For the Evangelical Church in Norway," vol.1, p. 184.

15TH CENTURY

"Erasmus testifies that even as late as about 1500 these Bohemians not only kept the seventh day scrupulously, but were also called Sabbatarians." R. Cox. op. cit.

Norway, Catholic Provincial Council at Bergen, 1435: "We are informed that some people in different districts of the kingdom, have adopted and observed Sabbath-keeping. It is severely forbidden -- in holy church canon -- one and all to observe holy days excepting those which the holy Pope, archbishop, or bishops command. Saturday-keeping must under no circumstances be permitted hereafter further than the church canon cornmands. Therefore we counsel all the friends of God throughout Norway who want to be obedient towards the holy church to let this evil of Saturday-keeping alone; and the rest we forbid under penalty of severe church punishment to keep Saturday holy." Dip. Norveg., 7, 397.

16TH CENTURY

Norway, 1544: "Some of you, contrary to the warning, keep Saturday. You ought to be severely punished. Whoever shall be found keeping Saturday must pay a fine of ten marks." Krag and Stephanius, History of King Christian III.

Liechtenstein: "The Sabbatarians teach that the outward Sabbath, i.e., Saturday, must still be observed. They say that Sunday [as the weekly day of worship] is the Pope's invention." Wolfgang Capito, Refutation of the Sabbath, c. 1590.

India: "The famous Jesuit, Francis Xavier, called for the Inquisition, which was set up in Goa, India. in 1560, to check 'the Jewish wickedness, Sabbath-keeping."' Adeney, The Greek and Eastern Churches, pp. 527, 528.

Abyssinia: "It is not in imitation of the Jews, but in obedience to Christ and His holy apostles, that we observe that day [the Sabbath]." From an Abyssinian legate at the court of Lisbon, 1534, quoted in Geddes's Church History of Ethiopia, pp. 87, 88.

17TH CENTURY

"About 100 Sabbath keeping churches, mostly independent, flourished in England in the 17th and 18th centuries." Dr. Brian W. Ball, The Seventh-Day Men, Sabbatarians and Sabbatarianism in England and Wales, 1600-1800, Clarendon Press, Oxford University, 1994.

[Editor's note: The Sabbath was also kept in various parts of Europe and America.]

18TH CENTURY

Germany: "Tennhardt of Nuremberg holds strictly to the doctrine of the Sabbath, because it is one of the ten commandments." J.A. Bengel, Lehen und Wirken, p. 579.

"Before Zinzendorf and the Moravians at Bethlehem [Pennsylvania] thus began the observance of the Sabbath and prospered, there was a small body of German Sabbath-keepers in Pennsylvania." Rupp, History of the Religious Denominations in the United States.

"The Abyssinians and many continental Europeans, especially in Romania, Bohemia, Moravia, Holland and Germany continued to keep the Sabbath. Wherever the church of Rome predominated these Sabbatarians suffered confiscation of property, fines, imprisonment and execution." Coltheart, p. 26.

19TH CENTURY

China: "The Taipings when asked why they observed the seventh-day Sabbath, replied that it was, first, because the Bible taught it, and second, because their ancestors observed it as a day of worship." "A Critical History of Sabbath and Sunday."

"Thus we see Dan. 7:25 fulfilled, the little horn changing 'times and laws.' Therefore it appears to me that all who keep the first day for the sabbath are the Pope's Sunday-keepers and God's Sabbath-breakers." T.M. Preble, American Seventh Day Baptist, 1845.

+-Recent Topics

Sabbath, Sunday, and Legalism by Amo
Today at 10:17:00

Gibbon\Rome by Amo
Today at 10:09:14

Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship. by Amo
Today at 09:06:32

How it all fell apart in Heaven according to Ellen White by Amo
Today at 08:59:01

Hell's Daily Tally by NyawehNyoh
Yesterday at 14:43:55

Creation scientists by Amo
Yesterday at 14:16:42

Giants by Amo
Yesterday at 14:09:23

IMMIGRATION INFO by Amo
Yesterday at 13:27:04

Jesus didn't know if Heavenly Father accepted His crucifixion? is this true? by Amo
Yesterday at 10:22:31

Fellowship With Transgenders by Alan
Yesterday at 09:53:18