Total Topics: 89509
Most Online Today: 326
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 319
Total: 321

What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

Started by Hobie, Wed Dec 13, 2023 - 14:05:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobie

I was asked the question on another forum, "What will happen to all those Christians who don't worship on the Sabbath?" I gave the following answer... there are some verses that give a clear answer. Here is what best applies....
Acts 17:24-30
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

When we unknowingly make a honest mistake, Gods grace is sufficient and He winks at our ignorance. But when we in all fullness of understanding knowingly do it.......

Texas Conservative

It doesn't apply.

Here is one that applies. 

Colossians 2

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 "Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

yogi bear

Quote from: Hobie on Wed Dec 13, 2023 - 14:05:00I was asked the question on another forum, "What will happen to all those Christians who don't worship on the Sabbath?" I gave the following answer... there are some verses that give a clear answer. Here is what best applies....
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

When we unknowingly make a honest mistake, Gods grace is sufficient and He winks at our ignorance. But when we in all fullness of understanding knowingly do it.......
Sorry I am confused where in that does it say we must worship on the sabbath? It looks more like a misuse of scripture to me please clarify the connection.

Red Baker

Quote from: Hobie on Wed Dec 13, 2023 - 14:05:00I was asked the question on another forum, "What will happen to all those Christians who don't worship on the Sabbath?" I gave the following answer... there are some verses that give a clear answer. Here is what best applies....

Acts 17:24-30 states absolutely nothing about Christians who reject the Sabbath. The question is self-contradictory. Therefore, no scripture will report an answer.

Hobie~Do you know why the question is self-contradictory?

Perhaps we could ask a similar question: "What will happen to those who continually teach that the Sabbath is necessary for the Gentile believers today and what will happen to those who possibly place so much emphasis on this rather than teaching the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name and The Way of Life in Christ?" "Is this false religion?"

Cathlodox

The SDA theological construct is based on "secret knowledge" of earths pre-Origin events which Ellen White claims to have been shown by Father God.

The events are as follows:

Adam and Eve sin by eating of the fruit and are expelled from Eden.

Lucifer was already mad at Father God and Jealous of Michael the archangel because Father God "exalted" Michael the archangel to be "LIKE THE MOST HIGH". Michael the archangel was invited into the secret councils of Father God while Lucifer wasn't privy to the creation event and formation of mankind.

Subsequent to Adam and Eve's expulsion from the Garden of Eden Lucifer starts fomenting against the Government of God by secretly telling the angels and alien hominds on other planets that God was too harsh with Adam and Eve and it was all a set-up. Lucifer claimed Father God's law was to difficult to keep and it was totally unfair on what God did to Adam and Eve. Lucifer was able to convince some of the angels God was a tyrant and to strict.

Lucifer's fomenting put God in a real pickle and something HAD TO BE DONE about it. Michael the archangel steps forward and begs Father God to sent him to planet earth to live as a man so that he could vindicate God's holy law and prove to hominids on other planets and the angels that God's holy law wasn't to difficult to keep - it could be done.

Michael the archangel Incarnates on earth in the body of Jesus and is raised by Joseph and Mary. Jesus grows up and is not spared the rod. Jesus wants to commit sin BUT RESISTS HIS URGES TO DO SO and lives a perfect life. Ultimately Jesus fulfills his mission to "VINDICATE THE LAW" thereby silencing Lucifer's claim that God's holy law was to difficult to keep.

Ellen White
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Christ did not come to change the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. He did not come to lessen the law of God in one particular. He came to express in His own person the love of God. He came to vindicate every precept of the holy law.--Ms 145, 1897, p. 4. ("Notes of Work," Dec. 30, 1897.) {11MR 345.3}

Ellen White
To be redeemed means to cease from sin. No heart that is stirred to rebellion against the law of God has any union with Christ, who died to vindicate the law and exalt it before all nations, tongues, and peoples.

Ellen White
Satan will continue to bring in his erroneous theories and to claim that his sentiments are true. Seducing spirits are at work. I am to meet the danger positively, denying the right of anyone to use my writings to serve the devil's purpose to allure and deceive the people of God. God has spared my life that I may present the testimonies given me, to vindicate that which God vindicates, and to denounce every sophistry [intended] to deceive if possible the very elect.--Ms 126, 1905, pp. 3, 7. ("A Warning Against Present Dangers," typed December 29, 1905.) {5MR 144.1}

Ellen taught that the Pope "changed the Sabbath" from Saturday to Sunday therefore Catholicism gifted Lucifer's sabbath (which they claim is Sunday) to the Protestant world which meets to worship on Sunday. This is what they are getting at - the vital importance for Christians to know that the Sabbath is the Gregorian Saturday AND that Christ came to vindicate the law of God and IF Christ would have screwed up God would have eternally annihilated Christ so that he would have become as if he never had been. It is also insisted that Christian believe Father God has a PERSONALITY, a flesh body with every member organ and part a perfect human male has.

Ellen White
"It means eternal salvation TO keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}

"The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church." ... "The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark." (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281).

AKA keep Lucifer's Sunday Sabbath and get the mark of the beast.

Hopefully this will help clarify and help folks understand Seventh day Adventists and also other Adventists such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, Christadelphians, WWCOG 7th day and other Adventist groups.

Amo

Quote from: Cathlodox on Sat Dec 16, 2023 - 10:35:21The SDA theological construct is based on "secret knowledge" of earths pre-Origin events which Ellen White claims to have been shown by Father God.

The events are as follows:

Adam and Eve sin by eating of the fruit and are expelled from Eden.

Lucifer was already mad at Father God and Jealous of Michael the archangel because Father God "exalted" Michael the archangel to be "LIKE THE MOST HIGH". Michael the archangel was invited into the secret councils of Father God while Lucifer wasn't privy to the creation event and formation of mankind.

Subsequent to Adam and Eve's expulsion from the Garden of Eden Lucifer starts fomenting against the Government of God by secretly telling the angels and alien hominds on other planets that God was too harsh with Adam and Eve and it was all a set-up. Lucifer claimed Father God's law was to difficult to keep and it was totally unfair on what God did to Adam and Eve. Lucifer was able to convince some of the angels God was a tyrant and to strict.

Lucifer's fomenting put God in a real pickle and something HAD TO BE DONE about it. Michael the archangel steps forward and begs Father God to sent him to planet earth to live as a man so that he could vindicate God's holy law and prove to hominids on other planets and the angels that God's holy law wasn't to difficult to keep - it could be done.

Michael the archangel Incarnates on earth in the body of Jesus and is raised by Joseph and Mary. Jesus grows up and is not spared the rod. Jesus wants to commit sin BUT RESISTS HIS URGES TO DO SO and lives a perfect life. Ultimately Jesus fulfills his mission to "VINDICATE THE LAW" thereby silencing Lucifer's claim that God's holy law was to difficult to keep.

Ellen White
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Christ did not come to change the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. He did not come to lessen the law of God in one particular. He came to express in His own person the love of God. He came to vindicate every precept of the holy law.--Ms 145, 1897, p. 4. ("Notes of Work," Dec. 30, 1897.) {11MR 345.3}

Ellen White
To be redeemed means to cease from sin. No heart that is stirred to rebellion against the law of God has any union with Christ, who died to vindicate the law and exalt it before all nations, tongues, and peoples.

Ellen White
Satan will continue to bring in his erroneous theories and to claim that his sentiments are true. Seducing spirits are at work. I am to meet the danger positively, denying the right of anyone to use my writings to serve the devil's purpose to allure and deceive the people of God. God has spared my life that I may present the testimonies given me, to vindicate that which God vindicates, and to denounce every sophistry [intended] to deceive if possible the very elect.--Ms 126, 1905, pp. 3, 7. ("A Warning Against Present Dangers," typed December 29, 1905.) {5MR 144.1}

Ellen taught that the Pope "changed the Sabbath" from Saturday to Sunday therefore Catholicism gifted Lucifer's sabbath (which they claim is Sunday) to the Protestant world which meets to worship on Sunday. This is what they are getting at - the vital importance for Christians to know that the Sabbath is the Gregorian Saturday AND that Christ came to vindicate the law of God and IF Christ would have screwed up God would have eternally annihilated Christ so that he would have become as if he never had been. It is also insisted that Christian believe Father God has a PERSONALITY, a flesh body with every member organ and part a perfect human male has.

Ellen White
"It means eternal salvation TO keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord.God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}

"The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church." ... "The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark." (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281).

AKA keep Lucifer's Sunday Sabbath and get the mark of the beast.

Hopefully this will help clarify and help folks understand Seventh day Adventists and also other Adventists such as the Jehovah's Witnesses, Christadelphians, WWCOG 7th day and other Adventist groups.

More of Cathlodox' delusional rantings.

1Jn 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. 13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Hobie

Its very simple for Christians, do they follow Christ and keep His Comandments or do they willfully reject it.

Texas Conservative

Quote from: Hobie on Sat Dec 16, 2023 - 22:37:49Its very simple for Christians, do they follow Christ and keep His Comandments or do they willfully reject it.

It's very simple that your assertion about keeping the Sabbath for a Christian violates God's Word in Colossians 2.

Amo

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 06:57:35It's very simple that your assertion about keeping the Sabbath for a Christian violates God's Word in Colossians 2.

It is also a very simple thing for any who care to do so, to examine Colossians 2 in context and the greater light of the scriptures as a whole. In differentiating between the laws of man, in contrast to the laws of God. That is in the difference between that which God gave specifically to Israel via the hand  of Moses, and that spoken by the mouth of God Himself, and written with His own finger twice for humanity. The former being specifically for the literal nation of Israel, the latter being for God's very own of all time. This however, requires unadulterated desire for the truth, unmingled with pride or a desire to defend preconceived or believed ideas. One scripture is never meant to negate another, unless very specifically pointed out as doing such. None but God alone, can change one of His own commands.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Col 2:16 Therefore let no one sit in judgment on you in matters of food and drink, or with regard to a feast day or a New Moon or a Sabbath. 17 Such [things] are only the shadow of things that are to come, and they have only a symbolic value. But the reality (the substance, the solid fact of what is foreshadowed, the body of it) belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one defraud you by acting as an umpire and declaring you unworthy and disqualifying you for the prize, insisting on self-abasement and worship of angels, taking his stand on visions [he claims] he has seen, vainly puffed up by his sensuous notions and inflated by his unspiritual thoughts and fleshly conceit, 19 And not holding fast to the Head, from Whom the entire body, supplied and knit together by means of its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. 20 If then you have died with Christ to material ways of looking at things and have escaped from the world's crude and elemental notions and teachings of externalism, why do you live as if you still belong to the world? [Why do you submit to rules and regulations?—such as] 21 Do not handle [this], Do not taste [that], Do not even touch [them], 22 Referring to things all of which perish with being used. To do this is to follow human precepts and doctrines. 23 Such [practices] have indeed the outward appearance [that popularly passes] for wisdom, in promoting self-imposed rigor of devotion and delight in self-humiliation and severity of discipline of the body, but they are of no value in checking the indulgence of the flesh (the lower nature). [Instead, they do not honor God but serve only to indulge the flesh.]

1 Co 7:18 Was anyone at the time of his summons [from God] already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the evidence of circumcision. Was anyone at the time [God] called him uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised. 19 For circumcision is nothing and counts for nothing, neither does uncircumcision, but [what counts is] keeping the commandments of God.

Cathlodox

Its generally understood that SDA's intentionally ignore the New Testament Apostolic command given to Christians in Hebrews 10, 25.

Which clearly states that Christians are to assemble "THEMSELVES TOGETHER".

We know they COULDN'T do that when they were assembling with Jews practicing Judaism at the Synagogues or Temple for the simple and obvious reason Christians wouldn't have been holding a "Christian assembly" (as in a Christian Mass). Imagine Paul and the other apostles showing up at the Synagogue or Temple and holding Mass (Christian Assembly) complete with the Eucharist.

Scripture states that it was on the 1st day of the week that the early Christians took the collection. Do SDA's pass a collection plate on the day they assemble? What day is that?

DaveW

Quote from: Cathlodox on Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 09:24:54Its generally understood that SDA's intentionally ignore the New Testament Apostolic command given to Christians in Hebrews 10, 25.

Which clearly states that Christians are to assemble "THEMSELVES TOGETHER".

We know they COULDN'T do that when they were assembling with Jews practicing Judaism at the Synagogues or Temple for the simple and obvious reason Christians wouldn't have been holding a "Christian assembly" (as in a Christian Mass). Imagine Paul and the other apostles showing up at the Synagogue or Temple and holding Mass (Christian Assembly) complete with the Eucharist.
Acts clearly states both in chapters 2 and 21 that believers met in the Temple regularly.  In 21 we see 4 men who had taken "the vow," which indicated the Nazirite vow.  Paul himself was interrupted in that same vow in chapter 18 in Cenchria. (cut his hair) The closing of that vow included animal sacrifice which is why Paul had to go to the temple in chapter 21.

QuoteScripture states that it was on the 1st day of the week that the early Christians took the collection. Do SDA's pass a collection plate on the day they assemble? What day is that?
For Jews (in old or new covenants) it is forbidden to handle $$$ on the Sabbath.  That is why Paul made a point of saying the first day of the week.

Texas Conservative

Quote from: DaveW on Mon Dec 18, 2023 - 06:56:52Acts clearly states both in chapters 2 and 21 that believers met in the Temple regularly.  In 21 we see 4 men who had taken "the vow," which indicated the Nazirite vow.  Paul himself was interrupted in that same vow in chapter 18 in Cenchria. (cut his hair) The closing of that vow included animal sacrifice which is why Paul had to go to the temple in chapter 21.
For Jews (in old or new covenants) it is forbidden to handle $$$ on the Sabbath.  That is why Paul made a point of saying the first day of the week.

Where does it say Jews who are Christians cannot handle money on the Sabbath?

Cathlodox

QuoteDave W said: Acts clearly states both in chapters 2 and 21 that believers met in the Temple regularly.  In 21 we see 4 men who had taken "the vow," which indicated the Nazirite vow.  Paul himself was interrupted in that same vow in chapter 18 in Cenchria. (cut his hair) The closing of that vow included animal sacrifice which is why Paul had to go to the temple in chapter 21.

Pentecost was on a "Sunday".

Read Acts Chapter two again Dave, it's saying that on a Sunday the Apostles were "preaching" the Gospel of Christ. The text is clear that it was God fearing Jews the Apostles were addressing, each in their own language.

The early Church allowed Jews to continue with aspects of Jewish religious law, these folks would indeed continue to go through many Jewish motions. Read Acts 21, 25 again.

"As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."

Christians DID NOT need to become practicing Jews in order to become Christian. This is the whole point of the command in Hebrews for Christians to Assemble THEMSELVES together. I.E. When they GATHERED AS A CHURCH. These Christian Assemblies would have included both Gentile and Jewish Christians - they were held on the 1st day of the week not the 7th.

Amo

Quote from: Cathlodox on Thu Dec 21, 2023 - 09:58:45Pentecost was on a "Sunday".

Read Acts Chapter two again Dave, it's saying that on a Sunday the Apostles were "preaching" the Gospel of Christ. The text is clear that it was God fearing Jews the Apostles were addressing, each in their own language.

The early Church allowed Jews to continue with aspects of Jewish religious law, these folks would indeed continue to go through many Jewish motions. Read Acts 21, 25 again.

"As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."

Christians DID NOT need to become practicing Jews in order to become Christian. This is the whole point of the command in Hebrews for Christians to Assemble THEMSELVES together. I.E. When they GATHERED AS A CHURCH. These Christian Assemblies would have included both Gentile and Jewish Christians - they were held on the 1st day of the week not the 7th.

Yea DaveW, don't you know anything. No one needs to keep the seventh day Sabbath of the Lord anymore, according to the commandment of God. Everyone needs to keep the sabbath of the Roman Catholic Church now, by the law of the land wherever possible. According to the unending civil Sunday laws established throughout history beginning with Constantine. Stop keeping God's Sabbath by faith in His holy word, which is legalism, and start keeping Rome's sabbath by faith in them or to escape the penalties of Sunday laws. That way you can be free from the legalism of wanting to keep God's commandments, by submission to the Roman Pontiff, on the day he demands.

It is so easy peasy Japanesey. Choose you this day whom you will believe, serve, and obey. God and His commandments of holy scripture, or man and his commandments of "his holiness the pope". God is going to make it so very simple before He returns unto judgment. Cause that is just the way He is. Always trying to persuade us rebellious humans to trust in His Word, and be saved, but never forcing anyone either way. He will let Babylon and her allies do the forcing, as they have all throughout their history.

Texas Conservative

Choose the biblical solution. Serve neither the pervert Pope or the false prophetess Ellen White.

Amo

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Fri Dec 22, 2023 - 22:29:48Choose the biblical solution. Serve neither the pervert Pope or the false prophetess Ellen White.

Yea, because Texas Conservative said so. And that is the bottom line.

Cathlodox

QuoteAmo said: Yea DaveW, don't you know anything. No one needs to keep the seventh day Sabbath of the Lord anymore, according to the commandment of God. Everyone needs to keep the sabbath of the Roman Catholic Church now, by the law of the land wherever possible.

Amo, Catholics believe that the Apostles were the 1st Catholics and initiated Christian worship on the 1st day of the week. Protestants also believe the practice of worshipping Christ began by the Apostles.

Remember, according to the early Seventh-day Adventists keeping the Sabbath will help the adherent understand "THE PERSONALITY OF GOD Doctrine". In matter of fact the flesh Father was also known in Adventism as "THE SABBATH GOD".

The Personality of God Doctrine stood in direct contrast to the Trinity Doctrine (if you believed in one you can't believe in the other). Ellen White made it clear that this anti-Trinitarian doctrine MUST BE BELIEVED or you were rejecting "God & Christ".

The sabbath doctrine is therefore connected to the flesh Father doctrine.

Amo

Quote from: Cathlodox on Sun Dec 24, 2023 - 10:54:06Amo, Catholics believe that the Apostles were the 1st Catholics and initiated Christian worship on the 1st day of the week. Protestants also believe the practice of worshipping Christ began by the Apostles.

Remember, according to the early Seventh-day Adventists keeping the Sabbath will help the adherent understand "THE PERSONALITY OF GOD Doctrine". In matter of fact the flesh Father was also known in Adventism as "THE SABBATH GOD".

The Personality of God Doctrine stood in direct contrast to the Trinity Doctrine (if you believed in one you can't believe in the other). Ellen White made it clear that this anti-Trinitarian doctrine MUST BE BELIEVED or you were rejecting "God & Christ".

The sabbath doctrine is therefore connected to the flesh Father doctrine.

I will address the sabbath issue from your above comments, but will not waste time regarding the rest of the gobbledegook. Catholics can of course think and believe whatever they wish, no matter how twisted it may seem. The Apostles were overwhelmingly Jewish, as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was as well. None of the apostles are recorded in scripture addressing anything like establishing a new day of worship, to replace God's seventh day Sabbath. They did not contradict the following conclusive statement from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Why don't Catholics believe the testimony of their own leaders?

The following quotes are from the APOSTOLIC LETTER DIES DOMINI by John Paul II

QuoteChap. 1
8.............The People of God are called to enter into this same rest by persevering in Christ's example of filial obedience (cf. Heb 4:3-16). In order to grasp fully the meaning of Sunday, therefore, we must re-read the great story of creation and deepen our understanding of the theology of the "Sabbath".

13. The Sabbath precept, which in the first Covenant prepares for the Sunday of the new and eternal Covenant, is therefore rooted in the depths of God's plan. This is why, unlike many other precepts, it is set not within the context of strictly cultic stipulations but within the Decalogue, the "ten words" which represent the very pillars of the moral life inscribed on the human heart.

14. In the first place, therefore, Sunday is the day of rest because it is the day "blessed" by God and "made holy" by him, set apart from the other days to be, among all of them, "the Lord's Day".

18..............In the light of this mystery, the meaning of the Old Testament precept concerning the Lord's Day is recovered, perfected and fully revealed in the glory which shines on the face of the Risen Christ (cf. 2 Cor 4:6). We move from the "Sabbath" to the "first day after the Sabbath", from the seventh day to the first day: the dies Domini becomes the dies Christi!

Chap.2
23. It was this newness which the catechesis of the first centuries stressed as it sought to show the prominence of Sunday relative to the Jewish Sabbath. It was on the Sabbath that the Jewish people had to gather in the synagogue and to rest in the way prescribed by the Law. The Apostles, and in particular Saint Paul, continued initially to attend the synagogue so that there they might proclaim Jesus Christ, commenting upon "the words of the prophets which are read every Sabbath" (Acts 13:27). Some communities observed the Sabbath while also celebrating Sunday. Soon, however, the two days began to be distinguished ever more clearly, in reaction chiefly to the insistence of those Christians whose origins in Judaism made them inclined to maintain the obligation of the old Law.

Chap.4
59....................More than a "replacement" for the Sabbath, therefore, Sunday is its fulfilment, and in a certain sense its extension and full expression in the ordered unfolding of the history of salvation, which reaches its culmination in Christ.

62. It is the duty of Christians therefore to remember that, although the practices of the Jewish Sabbath are gone, surpassed as they are by the "fulfilment" which Sunday brings, the underlying reasons for keeping "the Lord's Day" holy — inscribed solemnly in the Ten Commandments — remain valid, though they need to be reinterpreted in the light of the theology and spirituality of Sunday: "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. Then you shall do no work, you, or your son, or your daughter, or your servant, or your maid, or your ox, or your ass, or any of your beasts, or the foreigner within your gates, that your servant and maid may rest as well as you. You shall remember that you were a servant in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded that you keep the Sabbath day" (Dt 5:12-15). Here the Sabbath observance is closely linked with the liberation which God accomplished for his people.

63. Christ came to accomplish a new "exodus", to restore freedom to the oppressed. He performed many healings on the Sabbath (cf. Mt 12:9-14 and parallels), certainly not to violate the Lord's Day, but to reveal its full meaning: "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mk 2:27). Opposing the excessively legalistic interpretation of some of his contemporaries, and developing the true meaning of the biblical Sabbath, Jesus, as "Lord of the Sabbath" (Mk 2:28), restores to the Sabbath observance its liberating character, carefully safeguarding the rights of God and the rights of man. This is why Christians, called as they are to proclaim the liberation won by the blood of Christ, felt that they had the authority to transfer the meaning of the Sabbath to the day of the Resurrection. The Passover of Christ has in fact liberated man from a slavery more radical than any weighing upon an oppressed people — the slavery of sin, which alienates man from God, and alienates man from himself and from others, constantly sowing within history the seeds of evil and violence.

The above teaching is wholly extra biblical. As the Pope of the Encyclical clearly states, some Christians over time (centuries) decided to move or transfer the sabbath from the seventh to the first day of the week. Not Jesus or the Apostles. Again, the historical transfer of the seventh day sabbath to the first day sabbath, was a wholly extra biblical and unscriptural event. Performed by professed Christians over the course of centuries, not our Lord or the Apostles as scriptural teaching. To the contrary, these were those who chose to do that which our Lord specifically stated, He did not come to do. That is, to change any of God's commandments. Those who did so, are those whom our Lord said, "shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:".

Why do you tell a different story than Pope John Paul II?

Hobie

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 06:57:35It's very simple that your assertion about keeping the Sabbath for a Christian violates God's Word in Colossians 2.
No, Sunday worship is what violates Gods Word, no matter how subtle its deception is put forth..

beam

Quote from: Amo on Tue Dec 26, 2023 - 10:32:39I will address the sabbath issue from your above comments, but will not waste time regarding the rest of the gobbledegook. Catholics can of course think and believe whatever they wish, no matter how twisted it may seem. The Apostles were overwhelmingly Jewish, as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was as well. None of the apostles are recorded in scripture addressing anything like establishing a new day of worship, to replace God's seventh day Sabbath. They did not contradict the following conclusive statement from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Why don't Catholics believe the testimony of their own leaders?

The following quotes are from the APOSTOLIC LETTER DIES DOMINI by John Paul II

The above teaching is wholly extra biblical. As the Pope of the Encyclical clearly states, some Christians over time (centuries) decided to move or transfer the sabbath from the seventh to the first day of the week. Not Jesus or the Apostles. Again, the historical transfer of the seventh day sabbath to the first day sabbath, was a wholly extra biblical and unscriptural event. Performed by professed Christians over the course of centuries, not our Lord or the Apostles as scriptural teaching. To the contrary, these were those who chose to do that which our Lord specifically stated, He did not come to do. That is, to change any of God's commandments. Those who did so, are those whom our Lord said, "shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:".

Why do you tell a different story than Pope John Paul II?

Hi Amo, are you or any of your cohorts aware of Paul's council to the Jews in 2Cor3:6-11?  6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.  7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

If you aren't I would suggest that you take the time to comprehend what Paul was telling the Jews.  Those verses are telling all who read them that the ministry of death, the 10 commandments, are no longer the guide for the Jews.  They never were the guide for Gentiles. The guide for all mankind now is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  The King James version even goes so far as to tell us that the 10 have been done away.

In your quote of Matt 5 I see that you left out the most important part of Jesus' thought which is "until all is fulfilled".  Jesus came to fulfill the Law  and the Prophets.  The question is did Jesus do what He came to do or did He leave something He came to do undone?  If Jesus did all He came to do then Jews are not under the Law.  If Jews are not under the Law then Jews are not under the Sabbath requirement and to just remind you Gentiles never were under the requirements of the Sabbath law.

Why would any Bible scholar proclaim that Gentiles are required to observe Sabbath?  Please give us some scripture that you believe requires Gentiles to observe any day.  Verses that tell us to keep the commandments of God are vague.  There are hundreds of laws that God, over centuries, imposed on Jews and Gentiles.  Are you aware of all of them and do you and your cohorts observe all of them?  Are you able to prove that "commandments of God" means the 10 commandments?  If you read 1Jn3:19-24 John explains what commandments we are to keep.  He wrote that we are of the truth if we believe in Jesus and love others as He commanded.

As for me and my loved ones, we follow Jesus, not some well-meaning people who follow a false prophet that has altered much of what Jesus has done for all mankind.

Cathlodox

Quote from: Hobie on Sat Dec 16, 2023 - 22:37:49Its very simple for Christians, do they follow Christ and keep His Comandments or do they willfully reject it.

The Sabbath as practiced by the Jews in the Old Testament was one of the things Christ terminated in place of a better law.

Amo

Quote from: Cathlodox on Sun Apr 14, 2024 - 23:57:55The Sabbath as practiced by the Jews in the Old Testament was one of the things Christ terminated in place of a better law.

So says a son of Babylon.

So says our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

beam

Hi Amo, just waiting for your response to my post #19.

Amo

Quote from: beam on Sun Apr 14, 2024 - 12:36:56Hi Amo, are you or any of your cohorts aware of Paul's council to the Jews in 2Cor3:6-11?  6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.  7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

If you aren't I would suggest that you take the time to comprehend what Paul was telling the Jews.  Those verses are telling all who read them that the ministry of death, the 10 commandments, are no longer the guide for the Jews.  They never were the guide for Gentiles. The guide for all mankind now is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  The King James version even goes so far as to tell us that the 10 have been done away.

In your quote of Matt 5 I see that you left out the most important part of Jesus' thought which is "until all is fulfilled".  Jesus came to fulfill the Law  and the Prophets.  The question is did Jesus do what He came to do or did He leave something He came to do undone?  If Jesus did all He came to do then Jews are not under the Law.  If Jews are not under the Law then Jews are not under the Sabbath requirement and to just remind you Gentiles never were under the requirements of the Sabbath law.

Why would any Bible scholar proclaim that Gentiles are required to observe Sabbath?  Please give us some scripture that you believe requires Gentiles to observe any day.  Verses that tell us to keep the commandments of God are vague.  There are hundreds of laws that God, over centuries, imposed on Jews and Gentiles.  Are you aware of all of them and do you and your cohorts observe all of them?  Are you able to prove that "commandments of God" means the 10 commandments?  If you read 1Jn3:19-24 John explains what commandments we are to keep.  He wrote that we are of the truth if we believe in Jesus and love others as He commanded.

As for me and my loved ones, we follow Jesus, not some well-meaning people who follow a false prophet that has altered much of what Jesus has done for all mankind.

I didn't leave anything out, the scripture is there for all to see. You did however leave out a most important part of the very verse you addressed concerning the fulfillment of all. Which includes the passing, or end of the present heaven and earth. Which most obviously has not happened yet. I'm not the one leaving things out. If and or when we move forward with this conversation and or debate, it will become increasingly evident that I am not the one who leaves large portions of scripture out of their narratives. As we have already had these conversations in the past.

You say the scriptures even tell us that the ten commandments have even been done away with, no doubt from the writings of Paul, which many twist and mutilate toward their own destruction. Paul said -

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Hmmmm. Paul says our Lord established the law, kind of like Matt 5. You say it has been done away with.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Hmmm. Paul says that the law is holy, good, and spiritual. So why wouldn't people lead by the Spirit, pay heed to the law, though you say that by the spirit we no longer need the law. Why would those lead by the spirit pay no mind to the law when it is holy, good, and spiritual? Paul points out in the above that it is not the law that produces death, but sin. That the law is here to convince us of the great death producing results of sin, not the law. Why would you leave such truths unattended while harping upon the commandments representing a ministry of death? Again, I'm not the one leaving things out.

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

It was the glory of the law written in stone that was done away with, not the law. The glory of the law written in stone which condemned to death, was surpassed and done away with by the glory of the law written upon the human heart through Christ Jesus our Lord, praise His name ever more. He it was that established the law of God written upon the human heart in the place of stone, by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God. This was not done to destroy the law or the prophets but to fulfill them. That the righteousness of God might be established within the human heart by faith in Him within whom it was established for this very purpose. As we had all gone astray from our Shepherd.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I am not the one leaving things out beam. I am not the one telling others to leave this or that or any of the commandments of God out. To the contrary, bring them into the heart by faith in your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who both taught and provided that we might do so. There is nothing so complicated about this issue, but by those who wish to complicate the issue. The New Testament conclusively addresses which laws of the old covenant are done away with, and which are not. Which are and have always meant to be kept by God's very own, and those which were meant to end with the nation they were specifically given to. The one's we are to keep, are spelled out up to the last book and chapter of the bible.

Rev 12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

What is our contention now, but between those who would argue between keeping the commandments of God according to the testimony of Jesus Christ, or not?

Wycliffes_Shillelagh

Hobie, Amo, or anyone who's part of the SDA...

How do you define "keeping the Sabbath?"

Amo

Quote from: Wycliffes_Shillelagh on Sun Apr 28, 2024 - 02:12:41Hobie, Amo, or anyone who's part of the SDA...

How do you define "keeping the Sabbath?"

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

As our Lord and Savior demonstrated when here on earth as one of us, the Sabbath is not to be weighed down with long lists of do's and don'ts which only tend toward legalism. The day is a day of rest in our Lord, not burdensome legalistic demands. It is to be observed by faith in the word of God, not imposed or mandated by civil legislation.

The exactness of how to apply the command in ones life, regarding differing cultures and or situations, must include room for personal choice and or perception. Nevertheless, its observance is crucial to an authentic relationship with, understanding of, and proper respect for and of the authority of God. So much so, that the very life of true believers depends upon acknowledging and submitting to this most crucial command. It is a symbol of humanities only hope of salvation.

Exo 31:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. 18 And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

It is crucial for fallen humanity to understand, acknowledge, and submit to the truth of their situation and proper relation to their Creator. Apart from the justification and therefore also sanctification of the individual sinner by God, there is no hope of salvation and eternal life in and by Christ Jesus our Lord. The Sabbath is a weekly commanded reminder of who God is, and who we are in relation to Him, by our loving and benevolent heavenly Father. Who seeks to restore fallen humanity, to the original mind, character, and personality they were created with. When we were without sin and or rebellion against our Creator, with eternal life and growth in Him ahead of us forever more.

Jhn 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

God has set one day in seven aside, that all humanity may contemplate who God is, and who they are in proper relationship to Him. This is apparently crucial to our salvation and relationship with God, being given to humanity even before the fall, for this very same purpose. Not as a burden, but rather by way of enhancing our relationship with the One upon whom our very life and existence depends.

Texas Conservative

Going back to follow the Law.  Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you?

Amo

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Sun Apr 28, 2024 - 19:16:02Going back to follow the Law.  Foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you?

And yet -

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Even if our Lord were referring to different new commandments other than those He gave to His own at Sinai, which He was not, there are still commandments to be kept by those who truly love our Lord. But no, our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: 5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Deu 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,13 To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

Deu 11:1 Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.

Deu 11:13 And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,

Deu 11:22 For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; 23 Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves.

Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Shall we continue. Who do you suppose the God of Israel was?

Jhn 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Rella

Goodmorning Amo,

Quick question.

Who first gave the first day, or day one the name Sunday?

IOW... How do we know that the first day actually would not have been on Tuesday or Wed?

Amo

Quote from: Rella on Mon Apr 29, 2024 - 08:01:54Goodmorning Amo,

Quick question.

Who first gave the first day, or day one the name Sunday?

IOW... How do we know that the first day actually would not have been on Tuesday or Wed?

The following link has some good points.

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/how-can-we-be-sure-that-saturday-is-the-seventh-day

If God commanded us to keep a certain day, whether that day be the seventh day as scripture suggests, or the first day as others suggest, then He would no doubt maintain a knowledge of which day that was for His people. If not, then that is on Him, not us. Nevertheless, the commandment does begin with the word "Remember". As the article at the link provided reveals, the Lord Himself has confirmed which day is the seventh a few times already, throughout history. If need be, I am sure He would do so again. If not, then again, that is on Him. He would not condemn people for events that are completely out of their control.

If we have lost track of the seven day cycle, then neither Saturday or Sunday have any true significance. The latter then, most certainly should not be being enforced as a day of worship in so many places around the world. At least God's own call for such observance by faith in God's word alone. Not through man made tyrannical mandates the world over.

+-Recent Topics

How does one get "INTO CHRIST"?~ D. W. Baker by brightfame52
Today at 10:15:15

How's Your Weather? by Rella
Today at 08:39:38

Creation scientists by Rella
Today at 08:38:42

Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship. by Rella
Today at 08:28:58

THE LATE MORGAN EDWARDS vs. THE RAPTURE by Rella
Yesterday at 14:14:31

Giants by Amo