News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80071
Latest: miczaky
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 890324
Total Topics: 89502
Most Online Today: 337
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 310
Total: 311
Jaime
Google (3)

At my post office this morning -

Started by mommydi, Sat Feb 10, 2024 - 11:48:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mommydi

Walked in the door to mail a package to my granddaughter. Long line that wasn't moving. We have two clerks - that's it.
Both clerks had high maintenance customers -

Customer No 1
Man, probably in his 60s, had a huge stack of red envelopes to mail. I suppose they were Valentine cards. Nice. However, he didn't have the addresses for them, so he had the clerk look up every single address for him, while he carefully hand addressed every single card. The clerk was nice about it and said, "Sir, I can print these addresses off on labels quickly for you to save you some time." The man said, "No, I want to hand address them." ugh
Customer No 2
A woman, probably in her 70s, who wanted to mail a small package overseas but was refusing to fill out the contents portion of the customs form for it. She was extremely nervous and said, "It's personal I can't list it." Again, the clerk was nice about it, and kept telling her she had to list the contents if she wanted to mail it. He asked her if she wanted to step aside and think about how to list the contents, but she wouldn't. She was begging him to mail it without her listing the contents. He told her he could fill it out for her, if she'd tell him what was in it, but that was definitely a no go for her. When I left, her line still hadn't budged, with her still standing there trying to get him to mail it without listing contents.

All this to say-
So many people out there seem to live in a world so wrapped up in themselves without caring about others around them. No, this wasn't the end of the world, but still. There were 12 other people standing there in line (and growing) while these two customers behaved this way. One older man (probably in his 80s) standing behind me finally gave up and left. He said he couldn't stand there any longer. A young mom had a crying baby and a little boy begging to go to the bathroom.
Like I said, it's not the end of the world, but it just amazes me how some people lack common courtesy for others around them.

+-Recent Topics

Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship. by Cathlodox
Today at 10:15:45

Creation scientists by 4WD
Today at 08:55:18

How's Your Weather? by Rella
Today at 08:33:59

Roman politics by Amo
Yesterday at 15:04:31

Bible Doctrines affected by Modern Versions by Rella
Yesterday at 10:09:24

Hell's Daily Tally by NyawehNyoh