News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80082
Latest: isadoramurta7
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 891403
Total Topics: 89624
Most Online Today: 466
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 453
Total: 455
Jaime
4WD
Google (4)

Strictly for fun. Who here believes that occult stuff is real?

Started by Rella, Thu Jun 06, 2024 - 15:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rella

Who here believes that witchcraft, Voodoo, occult stuff, etc. are real?

We certainly know that at least Witchcraft is mentioned in the bible.

Galatians 5:20 tells us idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions

More to the point is Micah 5:12 I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.

Even in Acts 19:19 A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas.

So what about the other "occult" things such as
Voodoo ( which, in some quarters is considered
a religion)

How about the more spiritual (spirit) end of things ?  The things I call "things that go bump in the night"

Has anyone here had any experience with angels or demons? Or known anyone who has?

Or known anyone into witchcraft or fortune telling or those thing that go bump in the night.

I dont want to be the first to share any of mine
so come on and open up.

Maybe family stories, or ethnic ones....

(I'll supply one family one when someone else
fesses up.)

Just please do not link to any witchcraft type websites on here.

Texas Conservative

Texas Conservative

Occult things like the veneration of Mary?  Or the veneration of Ellen White?

Rella

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Thu Jun 06, 2024 - 17:57:49I have run into gingers before. 

And they fall into which category.

I already know a former member from here who accused me of being a witch.... is that what you believe? And did one bewitch you?

Rella

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Thu Jun 06, 2024 - 17:58:35Occult things like the veneration of Mary?  Or the veneration of Ellen White?

Hmmm  ::pondering::

I would not apply veneration to either of them, though I suppose one might say Mary because God, Himself did pick her to birth His son.

But would that fall under occult? I dont think so.

Texas Conservative

Quote from: Rella on Thu Jun 06, 2024 - 19:02:55Hmmm  ::pondering::

I would not apply veneration to either of them, though I suppose one might say Mary because God, Himself did pick her to birth His son.

But would that fall under occult? I dont think so.

https://jashow.org/articles/the-biblical-catholic-and-occult-view-of-mary/

QuoteThus, proof that these worldwide Marian apparitions could not come from the biblical Mary can be seen in the teachings the occult "Mary" gives. Mary not only presents herself as a savior, but Satan allegedly fears Mary "more than God Himself."  The individual Catholic teachings that Mary has consistently supported in her apparitions and revelations include the necessity of penance, Marian devotion, belief in purgatory, participation in the Mass and the Rosary.[But all of these are wrapped up in the Catholic doctrine of salva�tion by works and none of this is biblical as we have documented in Catholics and Protes�tants: Do They Now Agree? (1995 edition).

Rella

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Fri Jun 07, 2024 - 05:57:05https://jashow.org/articles/the-biblical-catholic-and-occult-view-of-mary/

Ok... I agree with the idea that the visions are occultish.

But you said "Occult things like the veneration of Mary"

The word veneration , to me is not occultish at all..

veneration /vĕn″ə-rā′shən/
noun

A feeling of profound respect or reverence: synonym: honor.
"an object held in veneration."

Similar: honor

The act of venerating.
"displayed their veneration of the saint with a procession."

The act of venerating, or the state of being venerated; the highest degree of respect and reverence; respect mingled with awe; a feeling or sentiment excited by the dignity, wisdom, or superiority of a person, by sacredness of character, by consecration to sacred services, or by hallowed associations.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition

If our Holy Father... our messiah's father... chose Mary to birth our savior.... she deserves the respect she receives....

Not in the worship her vein, or the pray to her vein, or the visiton vein.. but that she was chosen for that honor.

As far as Ellen goes... NO... not the same kind of respect.

But a certain sisterhood..."have her back" on things that I have read and agree with.

I have read much on her writings on the trinity.

I have not read her writings that can be subscribed to her actually writing  she changed her mind... they all seemingly come from other who will say....But Ellen said yada yada.

In the same vein that Trump is sayoing in almost every conversation his "revenge" will be success, which often is followed by some lefty claiming he is saying he wants to kill people.

I want to hear from the people...Not the quasi-pundits.

Now... allow me to give a sample of what I was referring when I started this thread.

True stories from when I was in grade school that happened to my folks.

My first house was old and many odd things happened in that house... but I had my parents and just did not think too much about things... Odd like ... there were 3 entrances... Front door, Back door and Side door. There also were 2 sets of stairs to the 2nd floor.(Front and back)

The house was set up with the third floor able to be rented out. And whoever lived up there used the back steps, and side door.
I remember dad saying once... my mom backed him up.... ( they were in bed)...They heard the side door open and someone come in and walk up that "back steps"..There ws no one living in the third floor at the time and when dad got up to check there was no one there. Once the sound of footsteps went up the stairs....nothing.

Then there was another time that both of them looked out their bedroom window and
they saw something that they described that looked like a bright white sparkly figure dancing in the yard in one spot. Dad kind of described it as looking like a fairy.
And while they were watching it just vanished.

This one was told to many people.

These are the things I thought would be interesting to share...

Texas Conservative

Veneration to that degree is not just a definition from the dictionary.

Is it the same level for Ellen vs Mary?  No.

But status as prophet and her writings held as near scripture?  Maybe not occult but definitely cult.

Rella

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Fri Jun 07, 2024 - 08:44:33Veneration to that degree is not just a definition from the dictionary.

Is it the same level for Ellen vs Mary?  No.

But status as prophet and her writings held as near scripture?  Maybe not occult but definitely cult.

As I view those followers of the self professed prophet John Calvin.

Cult yes... not occult.

Same said for all those who managed to get a following that listened to only them for biblical interpretation.

+-Recent Topics

Biden Dead? by yogi bear
Yesterday at 20:21:39

Hell's Daily Tally by NyawehNyoh
Yesterday at 20:19:09

5 Phrases You Must Stop Saying Immediately Because They Will Attract Curses鈥� by yogi bear
Yesterday at 20:17:31

A look at Micah 5:6-6:8 and Luke 22:1-71 by yogi bear
Yesterday at 20:15:45

Micah 5:6-6:8 and Luke 22:1-71 by yogi bear
Yesterday at 20:13:28

Geyser Explosion Video by Jaime
Yesterday at 17:59:38

Cheatle, Head of Secret Service Resigning by Rella
Yesterday at 15:37:55

George Carlin Quotes by Jaime
Yesterday at 14:42:31

J. D. Vance and Catholic Integralism. by 4WD