I wanted to ask other Christians, especially couples, what would be good suggestions for Christian service with time available after taking care of a disabled wife (not paralayzed, but disabled with pain) and working full-time with the possibility of having to work a second income in the upcoming future. I know we cannot inherit Heaven by our works but I don't want my only works to be what I just mentioned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
I think that your present calling/service is to care for your wife and provide for you both.
If you want more than that do you enjoy doing? If you enjoy gardening or decorating for example, then maybe you could help an older person with that. If you are good with children, then maybe you could help at sunday school say once or twice a month. It all depends where your gifts and abilities lie.
BTW what is actually wrong with your wife?
She has various medical conditions. She has been living with Lyme's disease for most likely years and over the last two years, the symptoms have become very bad. She was treated last year and it looks like it reversed the effects on her brain, praise God, but the pain remains throughout her body. She has had fibromyalgia for the last twenty years or so, many spinal disc herniations, and was born prematurely, so she has mild cerebal palsy which weakened the right side of her body since birth. With all these other issues, the right side of her body is always in much worse pain as well. Basically, she feels trapped in her own body.
: kjp082278 Mon Feb 11, 2019 - 09:10:13
She has various medical conditions. She has been living with Lyme's disease for most likely years and over the last two years, the symptoms have become very bad. She was treated last year and it looks like it reversed the effects on her brain, praise God, but the pain remains throughout her body. She has had fibromyalgia for the last twenty years or so, many spinal disc herniations, and was born prematurely, so she has mild cerebal palsy which weakened the right side of her body since birth. With all these other issues, the right side of her body is always in much worse pain as well. Basically, she feels trapped in her own body.
Lyme disease is curable.
Either with oral antibiotics or intravenous antibiotics.
If her doctor did not attemd to this when first diagnosed then she needs to find another doctor.
You say years and I have no idea what affect that would have had on the Lymes treatment but that is one addressable thing.
As far as the fibromyalgia.... yes, that is painful. I have a friend who has had that for a good 15 ears or more.
Meds are helping her... but she also is collecting social security disability which you may want to look into for your wife
if you have not .
The meds my friend is on has allowed her to have a fairly normal life... ( in other words... she could work if she put her mind to it) her main complaint is first thing in the AM is painful until she is up, moving and medicated. ( Her time with her husband they have managed and I wont say more about that)
As to the cerebral palsy... Not sure on that at all but I would imagine if you can address these one at a time with the proper doctor it hopefully would help her. I would definitely look into the Lyme end of things.
: kjp082278 Mon Feb 11, 2019 - 09:10:13
She has various medical conditions. She has been living with Lyme's disease for most likely years and over the last two years, the symptoms have become very bad. She was treated last year and it looks like it reversed the effects on her brain, praise God, but the pain remains throughout her body. She has had fibromyalgia for the last twenty years or so, many spinal disc herniations, and was born prematurely, so she has mild cerebal palsy which weakened the right side of her body since birth. With all these other issues, the right side of her body is always in much worse pain as well. Basically, she feels trapped in her own body.
Presumably you have had people pray for her? Have the church leaders anointed her with oil and prayed for her healing?
Another idea I had was to lead a midweek group in your house. Then your wife can be joint leader.
She tested positive for Lyme's and had IV antibiotics during her treatment last year. Three different IV antibiotics to be exact. That is what I believe helped rid her brain of the disease but it is not totally curable. It goes dormant and it can resurface. At least now if it resurfaces, we know the early signs and can treat it early before it gets as bad as it was. I like the suggestion of having a midweek group here at the house. Will see how to put that together. Thanks very much!