Okay as a scientist I am of course very interested in how sciece relates to the Bible. For quite some time now I have wrestled with the idea of the Laws of Science. I have now come this conclusion: there is no such thing as the Laws of Science. That the Laws of Science are a philosophic invention rather than a scientific fact.
So, let me explain. Take an object like a bunch of keys in your hand and let go. What happens? It falls to the ground. Why? Laws of Science says because there is a magnet in the earth called gravity that pulls all objects down. I think it is because God made it drop and if He had not made it drop it would have hovered about in the air.
In other words everything that happens in the scientific realm happens not because of the Laws of Science but by the direct action of God. The Laws of Science were invented by philosophers to explain away God. Look at Psalm 104:14 to find out why grass grows in your garden.
Interested in your comments.
: Alistair Tue Mar 04, 2008 - 14:33:29
Okay as a scientist I am of course very interested in how sciece relates to the Bible. For quite some time now I have wrestled with the idea of the Laws of Science. I have now come this conclusion: there is no such thing as the Laws of Science. That the Laws of Science are a philosophic invention rather than a scientific fact.
So, let me explain. Take an object like a bunch of keys in your hand and let go. What happens? It falls to the ground. Why? Laws of Science says because there is a magnet in the earth called gravity that pulls all objects down. I think it is because God made it drop and if He had not made it drop it would have hovered about in the air.
In other words everything that happens in the scientific realm happens not because of the Laws of Science but by the direct action of God. The Laws of Science were invented by philosophers to explain away God. Look at Psalm 104:14 to find out why grass grows in your garden.
Interested in your comments.
When you add 1 + 1 and you end up with 2 every time, does God make that happen every time also? Or did He in fact create certain mathematical laws or truisms?
Also if God makes things happen by direct action exactly the same way every time with no observable discrepancies, could He not have just directed that to be the case from the very beginning? Or asking it another way, what difference would it make? We are not able to confirm or deny His direct interaction however it occurs.
However, I personally feel that laws of science are not invented, they are discovered. I personally believe that He created the laws of science when He created the universe.
http://www.gracecentered.com/expelled_movie_with_Ben_Stein.htm
Since I am in the mood, why not paste it here on a "Is there really any Laws of Science anway?" thread
: Alistair Tue Mar 04, 2008 - 14:33:29
So, let me explain. Take an object like a bunch of keys in your hand and let go. What happens? It falls to the ground. Why? Laws of Science says because there is a magnet in the earth called gravity that pulls all objects down. I think it is because God made it drop and if He had not made it drop it would have hovered about in the air.
so, if "God" is this almighty creator, wouldn't you think that He made the Laws of Science? if the keys just hovered in the air, wouldn't the conclusion be "God made it hover"?
And God said, "
(http://www.main.com/~anns/other/humor/equation.gif)
: and there was light.
"But wait....then who created God?" - a friend.
: Wycliffes_Shillelagh Sun Mar 16, 2008 - 12:12:46
And God said, "
(http://www.main.com/~anns/other/humor/equation.gif)
: and there was light.
I think this is exactly how it happened. God is the Great Creator....He is the author of all the Laws of Science and Physics. I believe God is the 'singularity' in the mathematic equations they use.
The polarization between Science and the Bible....is only caused by PEOPLE on both sides. Actual Science, not theories, proves the Bible and the Bible proves Science. How could they possibly say anything different? A truth is a truth and all truth comes from God.
There are certainly laws that apply to the sciences, but all laws of physics, and indeed, laws of any discipline, including so-called "natural laws," are simply God's design in place, all of which is made to accomplish His will.
If I put pressure on my finger with a knife, absent some kind of miraculous intervention, i.e., a suspension of the laws God has put in place, I am going to bleed. I will experience pain. I will be hurt.
: Alistair Tue Mar 04, 2008 - 14:33:29
Okay as a scientist I am of course very interested in how sciece relates to the Bible. For quite some time now I have wrestled with the idea of the Laws of Science. I have now come this conclusion: there is no such thing as the Laws of Science. That the Laws of Science are a philosophic invention rather than a scientific fact.
So, let me explain. Take an object like a bunch of keys in your hand and let go. What happens? It falls to the ground. Why? Laws of Science says because there is a magnet in the earth called gravity that pulls all objects down. I think it is because God made it drop and if He had not made it drop it would have hovered about in the air.
In other words everything that happens in the scientific realm happens not because of the Laws of Science but by the direct action of God. The Laws of Science were invented by philosophers to explain away God. Look at Psalm 104:14 to find out why grass grows in your garden.
Interested in your comments.
I believe there is Laws of science, and they all prove evolution is a bunch of B.S.
: Alistair Tue Mar 04, 2008 - 14:33:29
Okay as a scientist I am of course very interested in how sciece relates to the Bible. For quite some time now I have wrestled with the idea of the Laws of Science. I have now come this conclusion: there is no such thing as the Laws of Science. That the Laws of Science are a philosophic invention rather than a scientific fact.
So, let me explain. Take an object like a bunch of keys in your hand and let go. What happens? It falls to the ground. Why? Laws of Science says because there is a magnet in the earth called gravity that pulls all objects down. I think it is because God made it drop and if He had not made it drop it would have hovered about in the air.
In other words everything that happens in the scientific realm happens not because of the Laws of Science but by the direct action of God. The Laws of Science were invented by philosophers to explain away God. Look at Psalm 104:14 to find out why grass grows in your garden.
Interested in your comments.
Laws of science do not claim keys fall to the ground because there is a magnet in the earth. Likewise, they do not call gravity a magnet.
Newton discovered the law of gravity. He derived his Law of Gravity: the force of gravity = G × (mass #1) × (mass #2) / (distance between them)2 and this force is directed toward each object, so it is always attractive. In a bold, revolutionary step, Newton stated that his gravity law worked for
any two objects with mass. That means both the keys and the earth have gravity and are attracted to each other.
Now, Newton's "law" is just a scientific way to describe a result of God's creation. God created the earth, He created the universe, he created each of us. God created everything that has mass. The law merely describes the relationship between two bodies of "mass."
I can never understand the alleged conflict between church and science. Newton was a prolific writer on theology as well as science.
Science is just a way of describing what God created as well as relationships between objects God has created.
Yes, there are atheist scientists who try to use science to disprove God, but they have been unsuccessful. There are also Christian scientists (I do not mean the religious sect) who work toward using science to prove God and Godly principles.
In Christ,
KP
Excellent post k-pappy!
One of the most outstanding thing I ever read is when Einstien said if he could find a 'formula for everything'...then he would understand the mind of God. He was on his death bed STILL trying to figure it out because he was so driven with the desire to understand God. Many years after his death there is a good possibility they have finally found it in the 'string theories'. Evey time I read on this I find God to be so incredibly AWESOME!
: Wycliffes_Shillelagh Sun Mar 16, 2008 - 12:12:46
And God said, "
(http://www.main.com/~anns/other/humor/equation.gif)
: and there was light.
You ain't right...
: mint_virgo22
"But wait....then who created God?" - a friend.
No one.
: GloryBActual Science, not theories
Shows how much you know about science.
: k-pappyI can never understand the alleged conflict between church and science. Newton was a prolific writer on theology as well as science.
Science is just a way of describing what God created as well as relationships between objects God has created.
Yes, there are atheist scientists who try to use science to disprove God, but they have been unsuccessful.
You answered your own question. Scientists have an agenda. Unfortunately, they have been very successful.
: GloryBMany years after his death there is a good possibility they have finally found it in the 'string theories'.
No, seriously, what are you talking about?
: Aaron Sun Apr 06, 2008 - 00:16:55
: mint_virgo22
"But wait....then who created God?" - a friend.
No one.
: GloryBActual Science, not theories
Shows how much you know about science.
: k-pappyI can never understand the alleged conflict between church and science. Newton was a prolific writer on theology as well as science.
Science is just a way of describing what God created as well as relationships between objects God has created.
Yes, there are atheist scientists who try to use science to disprove God, but they have been unsuccessful.
You answered your own question. Scientists have an agenda. Unfortunately, they have been very successful.
: GloryBMany years after his death there is a good possibility they have finally found it in the 'string theories'.
No, seriously, what are you talking about?
Do not confuse science with scientists. Science is a creation of God, just as everything physical is a creation of God. The scientist is simply one who is trying to discover the details of the physical creation. The fact that there are atheistic scientists and scientific atheists is no more nor less conflicting than the fact that there are atheistic theologians.