News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897384
Total Topics: 90304
Most Online Today: 428
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 72
Total: 73
Rella
Google (3)

Early Church of Christ found in Jerusalem Dig.

Started by marc, Tue Apr 01, 2008 - 17:12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

marc

(Jerusalem) Archeologist R.M. Oldpath announced today that the remains of the first Church of Christ was uncovered in a dig in this ancient city today.  The remains of this building was preserved surprisingly well beneath the centuries of rubble.  Two rows of pews remained intact, as did the raised stage, the pulpit, the two large seats behind the pulpit, and the baptistry immediately behind the stage, backed by a painting of the Jordan River.

"This proves all I've said," a minister from Arizona said, "Christianity then was the same as Christianity now.  This can be seen by the sign out front."

The sign referred to said in clear block letters, "The church of Christ Meets Here."

The cornerstone of the building, engraved "established 33 AD" was also intact, and remains of King James Version Bibles were found in the backs of the pews, along with a maroon book with a picture of a genie's lamp and the partial lettering "S_cr_d Sele_t__ns". 

The small table near the front still held four brass trays, two containing small plastic shot glasses and one some crumbling glue-like substance, and one wicker basket. 

One discovery seemed to perplex observers:  the remains of what seemed to be an ancient upright piano.

"Surely a modern innovation," the Arizona preacher remarked.  "It could be nothing else."

::tippinghat::

Wycliffes_Shillelagh


JERRY C

you fools! (of April)

anyone should know that the church is the people, not the building!

nanananana.

I bet that was an old group of folks.

was John there?

Jn.21:20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") 21When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?"

22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." 23Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"


Harold

Quote from: JERRY C on Wed Apr 02, 2008 - 12:00:17
you fools! (of April)

anyone should know that the church is the people, not the building!

nanananana.

I bet that was an old group of folks.

was John there?

Jn.21:20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") 21When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?"

22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." 23Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"



The first Elder still lives? But that would mean there is still an apostle, still gifts of the Spirit, say it ain't so.......

FTL

Powered by EzPortal