News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897384
Total Topics: 90304
Most Online Today: 428
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 105
Total: 107
Dave...
DaveW
Google (2)

Would you die for your Saviour this way?

Started by mikeyjc, Sat Mar 08, 2008 - 18:30:46

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeyjc

I think most of us have fears about possible ways of dying.  If we are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ we are not afraid of death itself.  But what about the ways we can die?

We know in this world persecution of believers is steadily on the rise.  Measure by measure things are getting worse.  We in North America just don't really understand persecution at its worse when believers are killed for standing up for Christ in other parts of the world.

Let me ask you a serious question, really think about it.  What would be the worst possible means of death for you?  I am not trying to be gruesome here.  Let me start off with me.  To burn to death is my greatest fear.  It happened to my dad trapped in the cab of his truck and that probably has alot to do with my answer.  I can enjoy a campfire or gaze at a fireplace.  But the very thought of my clothes igniting into flames and my skin...you get the picture.  It terrifies me like no other.

The thing I want to ask you is that if you were under persecution for your faith in Christ would you be willing to die a death for Him in the way that terrorizes you the most?

If someone wanted to decapitate me, shoot me, hang me, smother me, drown me or electrocute me I would be willing although electrocution sends a shiver down my spine.  But to be burned at the stake--it strikes a fear like no other.  I was watching a movie with my wife recently in which three individuals were tied to a stake and burned to death.  Sheer terror for me.  In all honesty if the penalty for not renouncing Christ was to be burned at the stake I do not know if I would go through with that kind of unspeakable torment.  It's a sad admission but I just don't know.  Maybe I do and I just do not want to see it in print here.

Let me ask you this question...what's the most horrendous way to die as far as you are concerned?  If your way was the means to execute you...would you see it through to the end and die?

It's easy to sit comfortably infront of your computer and say what you think you should say.  But I want real answers.  If you are not willing now do not say that you are.  Maybe you will be in the future, and God forbid that it ever comes to that for you or any of us. 

What kind of death do you fear the most and would you be willing to do it for Jesus.  Please...do not trifle with this question.  If you want to joke around please do it elsewhere.  Please treat this question seriously.

Whether it be by sword, bullet, rope, fire, water or smothering...are you ready to die for Jesus Christ now?




Bonnie


mikeyjc

Quote from: Bonnie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 10:18:29
Suffocation. 

Yes, that's a tough one too.  When I asked my wife to read my post here she said it was dark, disturbing.  I think I agree with her.  I will not be suprised if many posters pass on this one--whether it be the poll or commenting. 
I am not trying to be shocking here.  This came to mind and I just went with it.  I hope others are not upset by this post.  I do not want that.  But it is a very hard question and needs only a hard truthful response and maybe some of us in our comfort zones just don't want to deal with it. 
I found this difficult.  I fear fire so much.  Could I endure being burned to death?  I voted no.  I hate that answer.  But it's the truth--for now anyway.
Thank you Bonnie for breaking the ice here.

Michael

Jon-Marc

I can think of more than one way I would not want to die, although I have no fear of death itself. Two of them have been mentioned--burning and suffocation. I tend to have breathing problems due to allergies, and sometimes I have difficulty breathing. When I can't get enough air I go into a panic--not out of fear of dying, but out of fear of suffocating.

Would I be willing to die either of those ways for my Lord? I have absolutely no idea, and I wouldn't be so pious as to say, "I'm willing to suffer anything for Christ." I hope that I would be, but I might run away out of fear like most of the disciples did when Jesus was crucified. They later gave their lives for Him, though.

Personally. I plan on being called away without dying. Otherwise, I just hope it's quick and painless. If I can't be Raptured, I want to go peacefully in my sleep and wake to a bright, glorious morning in heaven where the Lamb is the Light!

Bonnie

Quote from: mikeyjc on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 10:53:10
Quote from: Bonnie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 10:18:29
Suffocation. 



Yes, that's a tough one too.  When I asked my wife to read my post here she said it was dark, disturbing.  I think I agree with her.  I will not be suprised if many posters pass on this one--whether it be the poll or commenting. 
I am not trying to be shocking here.  This came to mind and I just went with it.  I hope others are not upset by this post.  I do not want that.  But it is a very hard question and needs only a hard truthful response and maybe some of us in our comfort zones just don't want to deal with it. 
I found this difficult.  I fear fire so much.  Could I endure being burned to death?  I voted no.  I hate that answer.  But it's the truth--for now anyway.
Thank you Bonnie for breaking the ice here.

Michael

I think the thread is a good idea, Michael.
Sundays are slow because of church services I assume.  We didn't have church because the roads are icy and covered with snow on top of the layers of ice.  It's freezing too. ::cold::  ::snowman::

Bonnie

Quote from: Jon-Marc on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 11:46:54
I can think of more than one way I would not want to die, although I have no fear of death itself. Two of them have been mentioned--burning and suffocation. I tend to have breathing problems due to allergies, and sometimes I have difficulty breathing. When I can't get enough air I go into a panic--not out of fear of dying, but out of fear of suffocating.

Would I be willing to die either of those ways for my Lord? I have absolutely no idea, and I wouldn't be so pious as to say, "I'm willing to suffer anything for Christ." I hope that I would be, but I might run away out of fear like most of the disciples did when Jesus was crucified. They later gave their lives for Him, though.

Personally. I plan on being called away without dying. Otherwise, I just hope it's quick and painless. If I can't be Raptured, I want to go peacefully in my sleep and wake to a bright, glorious morning in heaven where the Lamb is the Light!


Don't we all wish for that!

What if taking the mark or serving God were your choices?

Jon-Marc

Quote from: Bonnie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 11:54:34

What if taking the mark or serving God were your choices?

I answered this, but it didn't get posted. I don't have to worry about making that decision since I believe that all believers will be removed prior to the tribulation. Even if I did have to decide, I'm sure God would give me the grace to make the right decision.

Charles Sloan

Quote from: Jon-Marc on Mon Mar 10, 2008 - 11:07:49Even if I did have to decide, I'm sure God would give me the grace to make the right decision.

Amen, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Bonnie

Quote from: Jon-Marc on Mon Mar 10, 2008 - 11:07:49
Quote from: Bonnie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 11:54:34

What if taking the mark or serving God were your choices?

I answered this, but it didn't get posted. I don't have to worry about making that decision since I believe that all believers will be removed prior to the tribulation. Even if I did have to decide, I'm sure God would give me the grace to make the right decision.


He does supply ample Grace.
Amen!

mikeyjc

I seriously wonder if this opening post of mine was too unnerving or disturbing to most folks here.  It disturbs me...and I wrote it.
If it is...I apologize.  It is a hard question--and I believe that in Canada and the US we haven't reached that point where we are forced to make that kind of decision.  But what of the future...I don't know.  Whatever befalls us...God is with us.   

anasazi avatar

Hi there, yes, it is a hard question. I know we would all like to think that we would go ahead with whatever choice needs to be made at the time. My worst fear is a long, slow, torture type death. I just couldn't say one way or the other. I think that I would start with good intentions and pray heaps while going through it.  I think of one of the martyrs in "Fox's Book Of Martyrs" where he was being burnt at the stake and the faggots, [wood bundles] were damp and smouldering, and he was directing where to place the wood as it was being added to the fire.  He continued thus up until the moment of death.
   I thought of something though.... What if we were threatened with a loved one being tortured or killed if we didn't renounce Christ?  Would we renounce to save their life, or would we 'stick to our guns'?   ..........I wonder........

Remnant

With the way the world is going, I would expect to die for Him!  I am not ashamed of the gospel or afraid to share my testimony even if it involves death.

But as far as my greatest fear? I really don't have one of dyeing.
Being a fireman many years ago, I think burning to death would be at the top of the list of the most horrific way to die and suffocation would be next.

John 1:1

I'm between the fence on this one.  On one hand, you remember when a certain someone denied knowing Christ 3 times, how he was forgiven since God knew the circumstance, that his words were not what was said in his heart on the matter.  The same would be for anybody that would have to utter them.  The reason is clear: are you ready to die for Jesus Christ now - are you ready to live for Jesus Christ now

You think, live to spread the gospel, live to build up the Christian underground, Live to do battle with Christs enemies, Live to offer charity and aid to those in need.....  It goes on and on like this.

What I'm more concerned about is letting my emotions take over and to simply remain defiant knowing full well the enemy is going to put my to death for my faith and utter comptempt for any entity that focuses their efforts upon swaying others away from the one true God of which we all believe in here....

Focus on living for Christ, not dying, all I have to say, I know, it's not in line with the original post here, but this is my standpoint.  I'm epileptic, I know what it's like to simply be here perfectly fine and in tact, then the next moment, on the ground in a cold sweat waking up from a siezure, totally blacked out for what I experienced, literally, just like dying, death has less meaning to me since in a way, I've experienced it many times in my life due to that.

Jeremiah

Quote from: Jon-Marc on Mon Mar 10, 2008 - 11:07:49
Quote from: Bonnie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 11:54:34

What if taking the mark or serving God were your choices?

I answered this, but it didn't get posted. I don't have to worry about making that decision since I believe that all believers will be removed prior to the tribulation. Even if I did have to decide, I'm sure God would give me the grace to make the right decision.

guys the "mark" is the SABBATH.

WAKE UP!

God said to worship on the SABBATH (the last day of the WEAK)
For he maid the earth and the heavens in 6 days and on the 7th day he RESTED.

the SEVENTH DAY GUYS.....LOOK AT A CALENDER!

The Holy Roman Empire = 666

The HOLY roman Empire MADE EVERYONE worship on SUNDAY or be KILLED......

WAKE UP!

Latin Speaking people = 666

The Catholic Church while controlling the Roman Empire SWITCHED the day of worship to allow for the worship of the SUN....and thus we now all worship on SUNday.

Understand guys, after the Unites States, great Britain and the other lost tribes of Israel are wiped out, Eruope (the Holy Roman Empire...MYSTERY BABYLON....is going to FORCE SUNDAY worship ONCE AGAIN...and the worship if the IMAGE (flag) OF THE BEAST...EUROPE, that is GROWING, and will take us captive here shortly...after our citites go down by terrorism here very shortly.

WAKE UP, the MARK is already in place...TURN BACK TO GOD.

John 1:1

I too also consider the Jewish Sabbath as being the technically true last day of the week, it begins at dusk, friday evening and ends at dusk Saturday evening.  I break it often because of my work schedule, of which, I'm trying to change, but many of us never have that as an option.  We can point our fingers to modern day scheduling of work if we want to as well.

Remnant

I think the question on the original post is: Would you die for your Saviour this way?  Not about the Sabbath.

But the word Sabbath, simply means day of rest.  It is not any perticular day of the week that you have to set aside.  Just set aside a day of rest to honor our Lord and keep it Holy. 

Jeremiah

You need to make a decision then. Man I love you,  I love everyone and so does God. The question you need to work out in your mind is this:

Is God --> GOD or is man God?

Sometimes we have to let go of things (bare our cross) in order to obey God...and when you do, like always God blesses you.

If your "job" interferes with what God has shown you to do, then you need to work on getting a new job that wont interfere right?

Just work on that question in your own mind.... it is between you and God.....let him work with you and shwow you what to do.

angelic

#17
Quote from: Jeremiah on Thu Mar 13, 2008 - 07:42:51
Quote from: Jon-Marc on Mon Mar 10, 2008 - 11:07:49
Quote from: Bonnie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 - 11:54:34

What if taking the mark or serving God were your choices?

I answered this, but it didn't get posted. I don't have to worry about making that decision since I believe that all believers will be removed prior to the tribulation. Even if I did have to decide, I'm sure God would give me the grace to make the right decision.

guys the "mark" is the SABBATH.

WAKE UP!

God said to worship on the SABBATH (the last day of the WEAK)
For he maid the earth and the heavens in 6 days and on the 7th day he RESTED.

the SEVENTH DAY GUYS.....LOOK AT A CALENDER!

The Holy Roman Empire = 666

The HOLY roman Empire MADE EVERYONE worship on SUNDAY or be KILLED......

WAKE UP!

Latin Speaking people = 666

The Catholic Church while controlling the Roman Empire SWITCHED the day of worship to allow for the worship of the SUN....and thus we now all worship on SUNday.

Understand guys, after the Unites States, great Britain and the other lost tribes of Israel are wiped out, Eruope (the Holy Roman Empire...MYSTERY BABYLON....is going to FORCE SUNDAY worship ONCE AGAIN...and the worship if the IMAGE (flag) OF THE BEAST...EUROPE, that is GROWING, and will take us captive here shortly...after our citites go down by terrorism here very shortly.

WAKE UP, the MARK is already in place...TURN BACK TO GOD.

To the original poster, I didn't know there were many persecuters of christianity and the Word or it's teachings in the way that you talk about but that not everyone believes in it even if they respect others' beliefs - which countries are you talking about?

And to jeremiah, how do you know that the Mark of the beast = worshipping on the 1st day of the week instead of the last 7th day? And don't most places advocate diverse religions which include days of worship, especially in developed and non-violent countries including various parts of Europe? thanks

Jeremiah

Oooooh that the world would just OPEN THERE EYES!

Angelic, life is not about "religion" it is about GOD, and HIS WAY. You are NOT judged based on your "religion" you are JUDGED BY THE BIBLE..the WORD of GOD.

Do you not understand "authority"?

GOD OWNS THE UNIVERSE..the SEEN and the UNSEEN

As OWNER he is the BOSS, he is the KING.

HAve you ever READ about "kingdoms" The KINGS WORD is FINAL...all who disobey PERISH.....PERIOD.

Jesus DIED for your SIN, not so you can KEEP SINNING, but so that you can be HOLY before GOD, and SEPERATED FROM THE WORLD if you BELIEVE HIM.

The Kingdom of God is RAN BY the ETERNAL ONE. The Bible says that the ETERNAL gave JESUS, his only begotten SON the kingdom....sit on my throne until I make all the nations your footstool. THe eternal was talking to JESUS CHRIST, the FIRSTBORN SON OF GOD among MANY TO COME.

The ETERNAL was in charge before he gave birth to the "word" who was in the beginning with God..Se John 1:1.

While he was in charge, and before mankind came into the picture, the ANGELS lived on the Earth and LUCIFER, the greatest, most glorious, wisest, and smartes Angel around was in CHARGE over them. BUT under God's authority.

Lucifer was found with pride in his heart through and he took one third of the angels and REBLLED AGAINST GOD ALMIGHTY....this was the first time EVER that someone DISOBEYED GOD....and his JUDGEMENT? LAKE OF FIRE FOR ALL ETERNITY.

WAKE UP....LIFE IS ABOUT GOD, NOT US.....we are BLESSED though because if we follow Gods plan, and accept JESUS CRHIST as our LORD (RULER) and submit ourselves to obey HIS FATHER, we will be given eternal life....Children of GOD......literally god-people with spiritual bodies...but WHY IN THE WORLD would he allow a sinner, a person who has set themelves to obey and worship MANS DAYS instead of HIS days....be a RULER over the UNIVERSE?

You people do not  even understand the BASICS...
Jesus CHRIST was the WORD...yes what  you are READING and was WITH GOD (Yahweh) in the begening. God through his SPIRIT conceived the WORD in MARRY and the WORD of the ETERNAL (Yahweh) became FLESH and dwelt amongst us.

He laid down his life for YOUR and MY sin so that we could receive the HOLY spirit of God. The "spirit" of God hmself in us.

The spirit is "HOLY" not SINFUL and it is POWERFUL, not weak...able to keep you from sin....HE will not  tempt you beyond what you can bare....in other words you shouldn't be sinning anymore...but he is testing your FAITH....but no, instead you guys will come right behind me and start turning everything out....that is NOT what GOd said...READ YOUR BIBLES PEOPLE.....STOP LISTENING TO MANKIND.

Jesus died so that through FAITH IN HIM 'you could be" saved.....not that confessing Jesus Christ is going to save you. We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, but if you have FAITH that he was the SON of GOD and that he DIED for your sin, then WHY SIN????????????????

That is the NATURE of Lucifer who has been called satan or the devil ever since the day he rebelled against God and condemned himself to the lake of fire. SIN (transgression of God law) is what put that judgment on him...and he HATES THE WORLD because WE, mankind, who ENDURE UNTO THE END in the TRUTH will enherit the KINGDOM OF GOD....putting US above HIM....and ALL angels and demons....we will JUDGE THEM, but if you can not even judge yourself, how will you ever judge Angels?

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

You don't KNOW who GOD made YOU in CHRIST...instead you STUCK in the deception of "i can do whatever I want to do as long as I confess Jesus Christ as my lord"

But confessing means NOTHING. If he is your LORD, then he is your MASTER
that means you must OBEY him. which means you will persecuted, it means people well hate you, it means BARING YOUR CROSS so that as you suffer for his name you will also be raised with him.

If you do not FOLLOW HIM and OBEY him, he is not your MASTER which means he is NOT your LORD which means yu confess with your LIPS but your heart is FAR FROM HIM...DEPART FROM ME I NEVER KNEW YOU.

you brings tears to my eyes....you just can't see past what you have been "taught"....get back in the WORD of GOD, read the WHOLE BIBLE so that everything is in context...read it over and over again..the WHOLE thing....stop LISTENING TO MAN and turn back to GOD.....go to HIS WORD the BIBLE.

God said LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING BUT TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART.

But how can you trust him if you do not KNOW what all he has said?

Why is the sabbath important?

It was the FIRST COMMAND OF THE BIBLE...KEEP IT HOLY

the second one....do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

NEITHER OF THESE HAVE TO DO WITH "law"

neither one of them

The law was LATER and Jesus fulfilled the law, as should you since you are his follower....but n, this is not what you were "taught" so you reject Gods word and hang on to mans teaching....get back to the WORD...get in your BIBLE let God show you the TRUTH, you will not find TRUTH in mankind...no matter how hard you look, TRUTH is in GODS WORD.

God is NOT going to judge people based on what they "believe" he is going to judge you according to HIS WORD..according to the BIBLE.




Powered by EzPortal