News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897253
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

2016-Obama's America

Started by Lehigh, Sun Sep 30, 2012 - 14:02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lehigh

2 thumbs up for this documentary. Very interesting lesson in modern world history. Many who have not seen reviews or clips of this movie may actually be shocked to learn about the ideology of the THIRD WORLD leader we have in the White House!

It's all true. Obama is fooling many. The 1% IS America - not within America. The sins of western nations due to colonialization, (something foreign to OUR FOUNDING FATHERS and most Americans) is Obama's true dream to even the score from his father's ideology, and make sure America's is downsized in every way.

You will be convinced that Obama really wants to promote the Socialist/Communist agenda for America.

psalmgirl

  I can't believe he made to the white house without being vetted... people say he has done nothing since he's been in office.  He has done alot!  and we are about to find out... he is destroying this country and that is his goal, to take our wealth and redistribute it to third world countries... it all falls into place, his failure to create jobs, his failure to protect our borders, his failure to protect our people overseas, his failure to back our allies, his failure to balance a budget, his outlandish spending to raise the debt... once this snowball starts rolling it is all over for us... we won't be able to stop it... and don't think the China isn't waiting to pounce on us when the time is right... we are weak, no wonder the world is laughing at us...

Mr_Superstar83

I have yet to see the movie. Here's my take on President Obama. I do not agree with many of his policies, yet I respect him as the President of the most powerful nation on earth. Someone said in this thread that, basically, Obama has socialist ideals. Think for a moment. If, by socialist, you are saying that the President redistributes wealth/goods/resources to "undeserving" people, how was/is Christ any different? I tend to remember Christ turning water into wine, feeding thousands of people with the bare essentials of the day (fish/bread), healing the lame, and crippled. When he healed the 10 lepers, how many of those same lepers (before their cleansing)really DESERVED their healings? In fact I only remember one of those lepers coming back to show any gratitude. Now, I am in no way saying/implying that Christ was an extremist. My point, however, is that Christ distributed "wealth" all the time. He is our example. Christ said lend to all, particularly to those whom you DON'T expect payment. I would think third-world countries fit nicely into that.

I agree that you cannot help anyone until you are able to help yourself, but part of the responsibility of being so wealthy and powerful, is the acknowledgment of duty. America became extremely powerful, largely, at the expense(s) of other exploited groups of (many groups within this country) people as well as other nations. So, I don't see anything wrong with paying it forward.

Cally

Quote from: Mr_Superstar83 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 - 09:34:07
I have yet to see the movie. Here's my take on President Obama. I do not agree with many of his policies, yet I respect him as the President of the most powerful nation on earth. Someone said in this thread that, basically, Obama has socialist ideals. Think for a moment. If, by socialist, you are saying that the President redistributes wealth/goods/resources to "undeserving" people, how was/is Christ any different? I tend to remember Christ turning water into wine, feeding thousands of people with the bare essentials of the day (fish/bread), healing the lame, and crippled. When he healed the 10 lepers, how many of those same lepers (before their cleansing)really DESERVED their healings? In fact I only remember one of those lepers coming back to show any gratitude. Now, I am in no way saying/implying that Christ was an extremist. My point, however, is that Christ distributed "wealth" all the time. He is our example. Christ said lend to all, particularly to those whom you DON'T expect payment. I would think third-world countries fit nicely into that.

I agree that you cannot help anyone until you are able to help yourself, but part of the responsibility of being so wealthy and powerful, is the acknowledgment of duty. America became extremely powerful, largely, at the expense(s) of other exploited groups of (many groups within this country) people as well as other nations. So, I don't see anything wrong with paying it forward.

The real problem is the government forcing people to do what people should have the common sense to do anyway. We have too many capitalistic "survival of the fittest" attitudes around here failing to understand that government always redistributes wealth, in the sense that it directs individuals toward tasks necessary for the common good, like building roads, libraries, and the like. The less the government NEEDS to do that, the better.

But unfortunately, capitalism leads to socialism. Individuals abandoning every kind of common good, big-picture thinking means the bigger the governments' role gets. Capitalists think like they earned everything they have, but again, think of roads and bridges, regulations on (say) food that keep swindlers from taking advantage of consumers with unhealthy products . . . so many things they use every day exist because someone forced people's efforts (even if only in the form of taxes) to the common good.

Point is, it's ALL in the people's hands. People can have their capitalist government if they start thinking and acting in big-picture ways, or they can keep behaving like animals who only work for the shortest of short-term, selfish manner, not realizing that what we have comes from a collaboration of human effort regardless. In the latter case, the government will be FORCED to expand.

+-Recent Topics

Powered by EzPortal