News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80068
Latest: LonnieyrgytreaRom
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 889960
Total Topics: 89465
Most Online Today: 345
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 295
Total: 297
Rella
Cathlodox
Google (3)

Its official. I am antiquated. sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Rella, Thu Nov 07, 2019 - 13:26:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Rella

There is a staple I need and require for many crafts that I do and also for much in the way of Christmas decorating.

The old name was call " pipe cleaners".

With the season approaching and at a store, that sells "some" craft " items I simply asked the 20 something sales clerk if they sold
pipe cleaners.

"What"??????? came the answer. " You are lookinf for something to clean a pipe?"

I tried to describe them and got a blank stare in reply.

So, sitting here I looked it up online.....

They are renamed.

They are now called Chenille Stems by many people and places. And Walmart has some called Fuzzy Sticks.

Just a little hint for those of you who do hang ornaments that may be on the heavier side. Or you cats and/or pups may want to play with....
Get "black" pipe cleaners and use these to hang heavier things as you can twist the top on a branch, or wherever you need and they will even keep those playful animals not easily able to bother.

Also, they are great to hang garlands and bows and the likes as they are so adjustable.

Texas Conservative

Rella

Quote from: Texas Conservative on Thu Nov 07, 2019 - 17:36:55
Anyone over 50 is an antique.

::eatingpopcorn:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I well remember when anyone over 30 was "the enemy". And never to be trusted. ::crackup::

Dave_UK

It came as a bit of a shock to hear oneself being described as "elderly" for the first time.   Twas yonks ago (when only a young 73),  described by a witness in a court case against a chap whose "off-the-lead" rottweiler had viciously attacked my little cairn-terrier (who was on a lead) and bitten my hand as I tried to rescue my pooch. We had been walking on a pavement beside an un-fenced park area, next to a busy road, leading up to a traffic-light junction.  So lots of drivers waiting for the lights to change saw the incident and were angry - one getting the police involved, and he came forward as a witness in a case brought by the police, for the owner's contravention of "The dangerous Dog Act" in a public place.

The wheels of "justice" grind very slowly - it was over a year before the case came to court, and you wouldn't believe how the defendant tried to "wriggle" out of things! In the end it cost him some £750 in "damages" - paid "in dribs and drabs" into my account - well that went some way to off-set the vet's bill for "patching up" my dog - sadly no longer with us, but much loved/missed!

When I look back at that unhappy event, am so grateful to all who got involved to help us.  The vet's surgery was only a short distance away, and took care of little "Barney" and someone in the waiting-room drove me to the local hospital since my hand was bleeding badly.  The hospital staff were angry too (I was awaiting a "call" for a heart CABG op, so not in the best of health anyway) - "yet another dog-bite patient" - and they submitted a written statement read out at the court case.

The scars on my hand have almost vanished now - and I didn't "loose" my thumb, as I first dreaded. Thank you Lord!

Re : the "pipe cleaners" - I've found that snipping off a bit of that green, plastic coated, very bendable, aluminium wire - used in the garden a lot - has uses in-doors for putting up Xmas decorations etc,!

The Barbarian

I actually used to clean my pipes with them.   Haven't smoked a pipe in about 25 years, but I still love the smell of a good blend.   BTW, soft zinc wire will often do just as well, and steel wire is just about as good and less pricey.
https://www.amazon.com/RotoMetals-Zinc-Wire-091-Diameter/dp/B001QUVU0W/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=zinc+wire&qid=1573252555&sr=8-4
https://www.amazon.com/Hillman-Group-123114-19-Gauge-Stainless/dp/B0039V6V8W/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=thin+steel+wire&qid=1573252759&sr=8-7