News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 80071
Latest: miczaky
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 890256
Total Topics: 89500
Most Online Today: 182
Most Online Ever: 2999
(Fri Jan 13, 2023 - 21:20:46)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 172
Total: 173
johntwayne
Google (2)

3Rs~ A quick question about the binding of Satan.

Started by Rella, Sun Feb 05, 2023 - 05:53:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rella

I remember reading your views on when Satan was bound and also loosed, but cannot find them. As I recall, it was during a debate we aere having and my insistence that Satan had not been bound yet.

Can you quickly just give me an outline of your beliefs?

Thank you.

3 Resurrections

Morning, Rella - sure, I'll give you the somewhat condensed version, and if you want to take that any further, I'll oblige.

SATAN'S BIOGRAPHY

4004 BC -  The seven-day creation week begins the history of the created (or renovated) planet, with the man and the woman given dominion over it conjointly (Genesis 1:28).

3968 / 3967 BC  -  The Fall of mankind in Adam abdicated that dominion, instigated by Satan's temptation, which granted Satan the title "Prince of This World".  Death entered the world, since Satan was called "a murderer from the beginning"(John 8:44).  This began the total of THREE millennial ages where Satan was allowed free access to roam the world and deceive the nations at his leisure; when God "who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways" (Acts 14:16).  This was what Paul termed "the times of this ignorance" which God "winked at" (Acts 17:30), when idol worship and sacrifice to devils was going on.

968 / 967 BC  -  SATAN WAS BOUND by God at this beginning of the 4th millennium of fallen mankind's history (the Revelation 20 millennium).  This was done at the time when Solomon's temple foundation stone was laid down at the beginning of this millennium composed of a stationary, physical temple worship system ordained by God, according to the pattern given to King David by the Spirit for Solomon to build.  The ministry of the prophets, both spoken and written, surged greatly during this millennium, bringing the knowledge of the God of Israel to the nations.  This was aided at the beginning by the fame of Solomon's reign and his wisdom which was broadcast among the nations, when Solomon was used by God to "bring low the false accuser" (Psalms 72:4 LXX).  When ignorance of God and His ways was dispelled, Satan's power to deceive was chained.  This binding of Satan's deception was true even when that knowledge of God and His ways was willfully disregarded by many.  At least the disobedient ones could not claim deceived ignorance as an excuse. 

33 AD -  Satan's deception had continued to be bound during the earthly ministry of Christ and His disciples up until AD 33, as Christ was proving by "spoiling his goods" in casting out devils. But that chain on Satan's deception was removed in this AD 33 year. Christ's crucifixion, resurrection and ascension that day was responsible for casting Satan and his devils as the "accuser of the brethren" out of heaven and down to the earth and the sea, to deceive the nations again in full fury.   Christ had warned about this the night of the Last Supper, saying, "...the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14:30).  This was the time Christ referred to in John 12:31, "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." (cast out of heaven down to the earth to deceive the nations once more).   AD 33 and the "First resurrection" began the New Covenant composed of a spiritual temple not made with hands, with Christ having been laid down as the "chief cornerstone" - the true foundation stone of this temple built with "living stones".

John 12:12 agrees with this time when Satan was loosed in AD 33, because he was warning his readers at that time that Satan had already come down unto them in great wrath, knowing he had only a "short time" left to operate deceptively in this world.  Peter agreed with this when he wrote describing Satan at that time as a "roaring lion" walking about, seeking those he could devour (1 Peter 5:8). 

66 - 70 AD -  Satan's "short time" and "little season" of deceiving the nations (without that restricting chain) became concentrated in one location - the city of Jerusalem - where he and his devils were imprisoned until the end of that war (Isaiah 24:21-23 and Revelation 18:2).  He and his devils worked their ruinous deception on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, since Christ had predicted that nation's people would be oppressed by seven-fold numbers of devils more wicked in the "last state" of that nation than in its "first state" when Christ had been casting out devils from among them (Matthew 12:43-45).

70 AD  -  By the close of the war, the Satanic realm was completely destroyed - even to ashes on the earth, as prophesied in Isaiah 24:21-23, Isaiah 27:1, Zechariah 13:2, Ezekiel 28:18-19, Daniel 2:35, and Daniel 7:11.  From that AD 70 point forward, until the end of fallen mankind's history on this planet (in 3033 AD - the culmination of 7,000 years), any evil committed in this world has been due solely to the evil emerging from the hearts of mankind.   

This list above gives us a description of several different "spiritual" environments to which mankind has been subjected over the millennia of history:
#1) 35 plus years without Satan influencing the originally sinless couple,
#2) 3,000 years with Satan allowed time to deceive the nations at his leisure,
#3) a literal 1,000 years when Satan's deception of the nations was bound, then
#4) a 37 years "little season" of an infuriated Satan working at full steam to deceive the nations,
#5) then almost 3,000 years again with absolutely no presence of the Satanic realm around to instigate deception and evil anymore. 

In every one of these various "spiritual" environments, mankind has failed the test to live without committing sinful acts.   This is proof that without the sustaining grace of the Spirit of God within, mankind has fallen into sin every time by exercising its fallen will to do so, regardless of the presence (or absence) of any outside influence by Satan, his devils, or unclean spirits.

Rella

Quote from: 3 Resurrections on Sun Feb 05, 2023 - 10:21:48
QuoteMorning, Rella - sure, I'll give you the somewhat condensed version, and if you want to take that any further, I'll oblige.

Hi 3Rs....
Of course I have comments to make on those things that I see as being read into what actual scripture says.

QuoteSATAN'S BIOGRAPHY

4004 BC -  The seven-day creation week begins the history of the created (or renovated) planet, with the man and the woman given dominion over it conjointly (Genesis 1:28).

Such a specific date. Said with the assurance that there were 7 literal 24 hour continual days and only that time span.
I wont argue this with you . I see things differently and I am as certain in my beliefs as you are.

Quote3968 / 3967 BC  -  The Fall of mankind in Adam abdicated that dominion, instigated by Satan's temptation, which granted Satan the title "Prince of This World".  Death entered the world, since Satan was called "a murderer from the beginning"(John 8:44).  This began the total of THREE millennial ages where Satan was allowed free access to roam the world and deceive the nations at his leisure; when God "who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways" (Acts 14:16).  This was what Paul termed "the times of this ignorance" which God "winked at" (Acts 17:30), when idol worship and sacrifice to devils was going on.

Oddly, or maybe not so I went looking for what other have to say about Three Millennial Ages. Alas  ::doh::... I found nothing but I did find another oddly questionable teaching which I have copied in full here by a Pastor Murray about Three Earth Ages.. Bolding and color enhancements are mine

https://biblestudyforlife.com/three_world_ages.htm
Three Earth Ages
The Three Earth Ages by Pastor Murray , The Shepherd's Chapel Booklet Yahveh's Scriptural Plan

The scriptures tells us of three worlds ages: the world that was, being the spiritual pre-flesh world; the world that is now, or as we know it to today: and the world to come, or the third world of eternity.

The World That Was: W The world age that was (the first world age) means in (the spiritual world we were with God).We have been given two facts concerning the world that was. In Ezekiel 28, Satan rebelled against God, drawing one third of God's children to follow him and they stood against God in a battle. Satan's pride was his down fall, he stopped loving God and he wanted to be God himself.

Roman 11, In the first earth age, there was a remnant that stood with God against Satan in the first earth age. In the last days there will be 7,000 (from all races) out of that remnant that the Father chose as His very elect to stand against Satan again in the last days. Satan will be cast out of heaven and will deceive the whole world, if possible the very elect.

Then, of course, the rest of God's children that remained, what of them? The elect stood loyally with God but some took the path of least resistance, doing nothing, not wanting to get involved in controversy.

Satan shall not be forgiven, but his rebellion posed two choices that God might use for correction. God needs to know if they would love Him or Satan. God could of destroyed all those who stood with Satan or He could regain their love and forgive them and give His children free will, this is why we are in this earth age.

God would not accept the first choice as He is a loving and merciful God, and these were His children,  created by Him. Being an all powerful God, He could not forced their love, but He needs to know if you love Him. Love must come from the heart, given as a free will gift, to have value. Forced love is worthless. The world that is now, as we know it, is His plan for salvation.

The father chose His very elect before the foundations of this world. It is our thought that the elect are those who took a firm stand against Satan in the world that was and perhaps even volunteered for services in this world. The elect are referred to as the first fruits.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Notice a period follows this sentence, indicating a statement. This was an accomplished fact. God created the world. This is the world that was, in which the people or souls were in the spirit bodies as opposed to the flesh bodies. It was this world that Satan's rebellion took place.

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form and void: and darkness was upon the deep.

The word "was" in the Hebrew is "tohu va bohu", which means and should have been so translated ''became". The only possible deduction from this is that God destroyed the world that was.

The Three Earth Ages by Pastor Murray , The Shepherd's Chapel Booklet Yahveh's Scriptural Plan

The World That Is Now: Second world age is now. Genesis 1:2 And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the water. This then concerns a new or renewed world.

Refer to Genesis 1:26-28 These verses tell us God created man and woman, as we know them in the flesh body, whom He told to multiply and replenish the earth  "a reference to the renewed world or this world that is now. Refer to 2 Peter 3:5-13 which speaks of the "world that perished".

Therefore, God created this world that is now, placing all the souls into flesh bodies, with the exception of Satan. They were and are totally in ignorance of Satan's battle and their own loyalties at that time, so that they might have the opportunity to develop their loyalties anew; in other words, to exercise their free will. Without the hindrance of pre-knowledge, their choice to worship God or their choice to worship Satan would be completely unhampered, given in love and free will.

Satan, the spendid, shining soul, remained in the spirit form with limited yet obvious supernatural powers and was allowed to roam the earth. The reason for this was that Satan was to be used as a tool of deception. Satan's main purpose in this world is to tempt us all away from God, our Living Father and Creator. The Father purposed this, as He wants us to love and worship Him of  our own free will. Satan is the catalyst. It is our choice whether we follow God or follow Satan. And this is the reason for this world that is now, as we know it today.

The World To Come: Revelation chapters 20, 21 and 22, the third earth age to come. Let it suffice to say that the thousand year period of teaching, the millennium, will be established by Christ upon His return on that "great and dreadful day", which is last day of this age. This marks a new beginning toward spiritual perfection when all shall bow the knee to Christ, as all shall be taught the full truth, when Satan shall be bound in the pit and without influence until he is loosed for the final short season when each one, having been taught the full truth, chooses of his own free will.

The third world age represent eternal life, or the world that is to come. The millennial age will be ended at this time. Revelation 20:13-15 for those who choose to worship Satan: Decisions will have been made that lead to total destruction in the lake of fire. Revelation 21:27 for those who choose to worship the Father, God, through His son, Christ. The millennial age has ended and Revelation 21:1 speaks of a new meaning renewed, refurbished, in other words, a cleansed and holy heaven and earth. This is the eternal Kingdom.

Now, much shall happen in the last days of this age, as we approach the millennium, and these things are of supreme important to the very elect. If you would like to read more on the signs of the in end. Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, will bring us to the Lord day which is the millennium.

No! No! No!

I do not subscribe to any of this, but just as I am sure you find it comical at best, and sad at worst.... Your 3 Millennial Ages has me... and I am sure others  ::headscratch::

Quote968 / 967 BC  -  SATAN WAS BOUND by God at this beginning of the 4th millennium of fallen mankind's history (the Revelation 20 millennium).  This was done at the time when Solomon's temple foundation stone was laid down at the beginning of this millennium composed of a stationary, physical temple worship system ordained by God, according to the pattern given to King David by the Spirit for Solomon to build.  The ministry of the prophets, both spoken and written, surged greatly during this millennium, bringing the knowledge of the God of Israel to the nations.  This was aided at the beginning by the fame of Solomon's reign and his wisdom which was broadcast among the nations, when Solomon was used by God to "bring low the false accuser" (Psalms 72:4 LXX).  When ignorance of God and His ways was dispelled, Satan's power to deceive was chained.  This binding of Satan's deception was true even when that knowledge of God and His ways was willfully disregarded by many.  At least the disobedient ones could not claim deceived ignorance as an excuse. 

Why do you assume, without biblical confirmation, that Satan was bound (chained) at any point during this time? Is it because... as you say..."When ignorance of God and His ways was dispelled, Satan's power to deceive was chained.  This binding of Satan's deception was true even when that knowledge of God and His ways was willfully disregarded by many." And this based on your
when Solomon was used by God to "bring low the false accuser" (Psalms 72:4 LXX)?

If you want to go the route of Psalms 72:4 you need to provide a clear translation of the Septuagint which you have not.

But I have: The original Sepugint numbering may not be in line with others.

LXX 71:44 (71:4) he shall judge the poor of the people in righteousness, and save the children of the needy; and shall bring low the false accuser.

Psalm 72:4 LSV He judges the poor of the people, "" Gives deliverance to the sons of the needy, "" And bruises the oppressor.

Psalm 72:4 KJV 4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Psalms 72:4 Hebrew interlinear. as written  the oppressor and will break in pieces of the needy the sons He will save of the people the poor He will bring justice to

4 translations and no mention of Satan per se....

Now... with that being said.... It was not Solomon who was charged with handling the oppressor. NO. This was prophesy.
This is a prophecy of the kingdom of Christ. WHY? Simply because many passages in it cannot be applied to the reign of Solomon.

Granted... There were righteousness and peace at first in Solomon's government; but, before the end of his reign, there were troubles and unrighteousness.

The kingdom here spoken of is to last as long as the sun, but Solomon's was soon at an end. Even the Jewish commentators of the time understood it of the kingdom of the Messiah

So before this becomes unreasonably long... I say on this point you are wrong.

[/size]

Quote33 AD -  Satan's deception had continued to be bound during the earthly ministry of Christ and His disciples up until AD 33, as Christ was proving by "spoiling his goods" in casting out devils. But that chain on Satan's deception was removed in this AD 33 year. Christ's crucifixion, resurrection and ascension that day was responsible for casting Satan and his devils as the "accuser of the brethren" out of heaven and down to the earth and the sea, to deceive the nations again in full fury.   Christ had warned about this the night of the Last Supper, saying, "...the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14:30).  This was the time Christ referred to in John 12:31, "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." (cast out of heaven down to the earth to deceive the nations once more).   AD 33 and the "First resurrection" began the New Covenant composed of a spiritual temple not made with hands, with Christ having been laid down as the "chief cornerstone" - the true foundation stone of this temple built with "living stones".

John 12:12 agrees with this time when Satan was loosed in AD 33, because he was warning his readers at that time that Satan had already come down unto them in great wrath, knowing he had only a "short time" left to operate deceptively in this world.  Peter agreed with this when he wrote describing Satan at that time as a "roaring lion" walking about, seeking those he could devour (1 Peter 5:8). 

because he was warning his readers at that time that Satan had already come down unto them in great wrath???

And what he said was that Satan had already come down to them. He does not say just came the other day... but had come and that could be a simple comment meaning that he was here and doing his worst from as far back as anyone knew, in answer to those who might be asking if he already had or was that a future event

" Christ's crucifixion, resurrection and ascension that day was responsible for casting Satan and his devils as the "accuser of the brethren" out of heaven and down to the earth and the sea, to deceive the nations again in full fury. " 

Tell me what it was that happened after 33AD that was more terrible then before then? Nope... temple destruction was simply a sign of the times back then. I do not remember reading anything in the four corners of the 66 books that describes things as being worse. Oh, I guess you will say it is what they were doing to many of the new Christians back then?

::frown::

66 - 70 AD -  Satan's "short time" and "little season" of deceiving the nations (without that restricting chain) became concentrated in one location - the city of Jerusalem - where he and his devils were imprisoned until the end of that war (Isaiah 24:21-23 and Revelation 18:2).  He and his devils worked their ruinous deception on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, since Christ had predicted that nation's people would be oppressed by seven-fold numbers of devils more wicked in the "last state" of that nation than in its "first state" when Christ had been casting out devils from among them (Matthew 12:43-45).

70 AD  -  By the close of the war, the Satanic realm was completely destroyed - even to ashes on the earth, as prophesied in Isaiah 24:21-23, Isaiah 27:1, Zechariah 13:2, Ezekiel 28:18-19, Daniel 2:35, and Daniel 7:11.  From that AD 70 point forward, until the end of fallen mankind's history on this planet (in 3033 AD - the culmination of 7,000 years), any evil committed in this world has been due solely to the evil emerging from the hearts of mankind.   

This list above gives us a description of several different "spiritual" environments to which mankind has been subjected over the millennia of history:
#1) 35 plus years without Satan influencing the originally sinless couple,
#2) 3,000 years with Satan allowed time to deceive the nations at his leisure,
#3) a literal 1,000 years when Satan's deception of the nations was bound, then
#4) a 37 years "little season" of an infuriated Satan working at full steam to deceive the nations,
#5) then almost 3,000 years again with absolutely no presence of the Satanic realm around to instigate deception and evil anymore. 

In every one of these various "spiritual" environments, mankind has failed the test to live without committing sinful acts.   This is proof that without the sustaining grace of the Spirit of God within, mankind has fallen into sin every time by exercising its fallen will to do so, regardless of the presence (or absence) of any outside influence by Satan, his devils, or unclean spirits.
[/size]

I have gone on long enough. I simply do not agree with you. ::tippinghat::
[/quote]

3 Resurrections

Morning again Rella...appreciate your offering a response here.  Too bad RB hasn't jumped on here to tell me how deluded and foggy my understanding of scripture is.  He doesn't hold back when he sincerely believes he is right.  And you are bold enough to do the same.  I do enjoy a rousing back-and-forth exchange.  It's good for all concerned.  If I am missing a pertinent scripture that applies to the issue at hand, I want to know it, even if I have to adjust my position accordingly.  But don't just stop with saying "I disagree with you".  That's okay, but it doesn't offer the scriptural reason behind WHY you disagree.  Give me scripture that counters what I wrote, and I will be more than happy to consider it (always presuming you are interested in doing so).

Just clearing up a bit of what I think is being misunderstood in what I wrote.  In agreement with you, I do not believe as your Murray individual in the link does for a TOTAL of three world ages.  What I wrote was that fallen mankind's history BEGAN with the first THREE millennial ages characterized by Satan roaming freely at leisure between earth and heaven, deceiving the nations as he wished.  These THREE millennial ages with Satan unbound as yet were FOLLOWED by the 4th millennial age (the one in Revelation 20) when Satan's deception was bound with a chain, then the 5th millennial age with the entire Satanic realm dead and reduced to ashes on the earth, the 6th millennial age (which is currently about to expire in AD 2033), then the 7th millennial age which culminates in the final AD 3033 (3rd) resurrection and its judgment, when all the rest of the righteous will have finally been resurrected into the eternal state.

As to the time of Satan's binding, I only gave one scripture reference about the time that began (the Psalms 72:4 LXX one), but I can give more.  Such as Psalms 102:11-18.  This was the aging King David anticipating his son Solomon building the temple in Jerusalem, and the effects this would have on the nations at large.  The prophet King David wrote,

"My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.  But thou, O Lord, shalt endure forever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.  Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: FOR THE TIME TO FAVOUR HER, YEA, THE SET TIME, IS COME."  (This "set time" - kairos - refers to a specific appointed season of imminent blessing for Zion in Jerusalem - aka, the millennium when Satan was bound with Solomon's temple foundation stone being laid down.)   

"For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.  So the nations shall fear the name of the Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory."  (The millennial binding of Satan with Solomon's temple foundation stone being laid down would begin spreading the knowledge and fear of Israel's God throughout the heathen nations.) 

"When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory."  (Which glory of God was so overwhelming at the dedication of Solomon's completed temple that the priests could not stand to minister because it had filled the house of the Lord - 2 Chronicles 5:13-14.   David knew that this temple was to be "exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries" -1 Chron. 22:5.)

"He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.  This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord..."  (The generation following King David's days would have cause to rejoice and praise the Lord for the "SET TIME" of His favor upon Zion and Jerusalem when the peace of Solomon's reign and the glory of the temple and its fame began to spread throughout the nations around them.  This fame of the God of Israel among the nations was the cause for binding Satan's deception of those nations, whether or not this resulted in them bowing to God in submissive faith.)

This millennial glory of that 4th millennium that began with Solomon's physical temple foundation stone being laid down was only a precursor of more glorious things to come, as you have noted above; that being the eventual high-priesthood of Christ the Messiah who was made the "chief cornerstone" foundation of the spiritual temple not made with hands.  The "sun" and "moon" of that first Psalms 72 millennial kingdom began by Solomon's physical temple foundation stone would endure until they were eclipsed by the glory of the spiritual New Jerusalem we are currently part of.  This New Jerusalem at present (ever since AD 33) has no need of the "sun" or "moon" to lighten it, because "the Lamb is the light thereof" (Revelation 21:23). 

You asked what I think was essentially "worse" on earth after the AD 33 end of the 4th millennium.  The release of Satan in full fury began almost immediately with the martyrdom of Stephen and the persecution of the believers that sprang up that same day by the Jewish leadership.  There are many, many references warning the believers not to be deceived in those days; that "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse; deceiving, and being deceived."  This increase of deception by a loosed Satan was true in those first century days, with just one example being Asia, which Paul covered completely with his evangelistic efforts - both Jew and Gentile.  But at the close of Paul's ministry, he warned Timothy that "all they which are in Asia be turned away from me." (2 Timothy 1:15).  This defection from the faith was just part of Satan's deception working in that "short time" of his ramped-up activity.  And the ramped-up attacks of the saints by the Jewish leadership and by the emperor Nero in Rome was only a continued part of those first-century years of persecution. 

What made that very last time of the "Great Tribulation" so evil between AD 66-70 was that Christ had predicted the complete seven-fold increase in demonic possession that would fall on the people of Israel in their "last state", making it worse than their "first state" when Christ and His disciples had been among them casting out devils right and left (Matthew 23:43-45).  No other location than AD 66-70 Jerusalem has had such a complete concentration of the entire Satanic realm working in their midst.  We can only imagine the torment taking place in that city.  The physical destruction of the temple paled in comparison. 

Rella

Hi 3Rs,

Not ignoring your post but we have new cleaning people coming tomorrow(The stuff that I can no longer do) and since I basically fired the old ones in Dec I am busy cleaning house for the cleaning people.

I will re-read and respond over the next day or so.... IF I have anything new to add ::nodding::

As to RB. He lost the ability to log on, at least for now... so I am sure he will comment once he gets that back.

I a prayer warranted for that I wonder? ::prayinghard::

Rella

Quote from: 3 Resurrections on Mon Feb 06, 2023 - 11:35:52
QuoteMorning again Rella...appreciate your offering a response here.  Too bad RB hasn't jumped on here to tell me how deluded and foggy my understanding of scripture is.  He doesn't hold back when he sincerely believes he is right.  And you are bold enough to do the same.  I do enjoy a rousing back-and-forth exchange.  It's good for all concerned.  If I am missing a pertinent scripture that applies to the issue at hand, I want to know it, even if I have to adjust my position accordingly.  But don't just stop with saying "I disagree with you".  That's okay, but it doesn't offer the scriptural reason behind WHY you disagree.  Give me scripture that counters what I wrote, and I will be more than happy to consider it (always presuming you are interested in doing so).

Okay.... here I am ready to ... well something  rofl.

"But don't just stop with saying "I disagree with you.  That's okay, but it doesn't offer the scriptural reason behind WHY you disagree." First, I did give you an answer of explanation when I challenged you on your Psalm 72:4 LXX understanding....

I do not believe that has anything to do with Solomon, but is merely a prophetic statement. Especially in light that it may not have been Solomon's writing but that of David. All my beliefs are not scripture specific and you, who has the tendency to post things with scriptures that you do not quote with your reference should understand that .

Disagreement abound between people for lack of clarity and understanding on what they think they understand by their own studies. Just go back to Genesis and read... In the beginning God created. A statement that is as clear as mud, but we are not here about that.

When you say " You say " That's okay, but it doesn't offer the scriptural reason behind WHY you disagree.

While that may be true I could well address that elephant by saying many of what you provide as your proof simply does not do what "YOU" see as being meant by certain scriptures.

Your Septuagint reference as well as my own 3 interpretations prove that.

QuoteJust clearing up a bit of what I think is being misunderstood in what I wrote.  In agreement with you, I do not believe as your Murray individual in the link does for a TOTAL of three world ages.  What I wrote was that fallen mankind's history BEGAN with the first THREE millennial ages characterized by Satan roaming freely at leisure between earth and heaven, deceiving the nations as he wished.  These THREE millennial ages with Satan unbound as yet were FOLLOWED by the 4th millennial age (the one in Revelation 20) when Satan's deception was bound with a chain, then the 5th millennial age with the entire Satanic realm dead and reduced to ashes on the earth, the 6th millennial age (which is currently about to expire in AD 2033), then the 7th millennial age which culminates in the final AD 3033 (3rd) resurrection and its judgment, when all the rest of the righteous will have finally been resurrected into the eternal state.

You say that 968 / 967 BC  -  SATAN WAS BOUND by God at this beginning of the 4th millennium of fallen mankind's history... And then you go on to suggest Solomon was used by God to "bring low the false accuser"  furthered with the suggestion of proof being (Psalms 72:4 LXX). This is an error on your part.

While it does say " he shall judge the poor of the people in righteousness, and save the children of the needy; and shall bring low the false accuser." there is simply no indication of whom is being talked about. If this was Solomons writing then who was he referring to as he. And if it was David's writing..... ::pondering::

QuoteAs to the time of Satan's binding, I only gave one scripture reference about the time that began (the Psalms 72:4 LXX one), but I can give more.

About that... and this one place where you and I will disagree.....

First: There is nothing in the wording of the 4 translations that would even suggest Satan was bound.

LXX 71:4(71:4 is the correct number for the Septuagint translation) ) he shall judge the poor of the people in righteousness, and save the children of the needy; and shall bring low the false accuser.

Psalm 72:4 LSV He judges the poor of the people, "" Gives deliverance to the sons of the needy, "" And bruises the oppressor.

Psalm 72:4 KJV 4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

Psalms 72:4 Hebrew interlinear. as written  the oppressor and will break in pieces of the needy the sons He will save of the people the poor He will bring justice to

If you read Psalm 72: 2 through vs 17  you will clearly see that many passages in it cannot be applied to the reign of Solomon. SO PICKING OUT A SINGLE VERSE AS IN #4 JUST DOES NOT CUT IT.

What does is the suggestion of it being prophesy. And  Psalm 72 : 2 through 17 is  prophesy. A prophesy of Christ Jesus and His KINGDOM".  AND should you doubt, complete the Psalm vs 18-20

18 Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, Who alone works wonders.
19 And blessed be His glorious name forever; And may the whole earth be filled with His glory.
Amen, and Amen.

20 The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Or are you going to argue this was David's desire for his son Solomon? Solomon's eventual lifestyle would preclude him from being used as such by God.

QuoteSuch as Psalms 102:11-18.  This was the aging King David anticipating his son Solomon building the temple in Jerusalem, and the effects this would have on the nations at large.  The prophet King David wrote,

"My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.  But thou, O Lord, shalt endure forever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.  Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: FOR THE TIME TO FAVOUR HER, YEA, THE SET TIME, IS COME."  (This "set time" - kairos - refers to a specific appointed season of imminent blessing for Zion in Jerusalem - aka, the millennium when Satan was bound with Solomon's temple foundation stone being laid down.)

This "set time" - kairos - refers to a specific appointed season of imminent blessing for Zion in Jerusalem - aka, the millennium when Satan was bound with Solomon's temple foundation stone being laid down.

::frown:: 
Book , chapter, and verse stating  Satan was bound with Solomon's temple foundation stone being laid down

You can twist the words to your own understanding, but they do NOT say Satan was bound. I never read that.... common 3Rs... educate me.

Quote"For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.  So the nations shall fear the name of the Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory."  (The millennial binding of Satan with Solomon's temple foundation stone being laid down would begin spreading the knowledge and fear of Israel's God throughout the heathen nations.) 

"When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory."  (Which glory of God was so overwhelming at the dedication of Solomon's completed temple that the priests could not stand to minister because it had filled the house of the Lord - 2 Chronicles 5:13-14.   David knew that this temple was to be "exceeding magnifical, of fame and of glory throughout all countries" -1 Chron. 22:5.)

"He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.  This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord..."  (The generation following King David's days would have cause to rejoice and praise the Lord for the "SET TIME" of His favor upon Zion and Jerusalem when the peace of Solomon's reign and the glory of the temple and its fame began to spread throughout the nations around them.  This fame of the God of Israel among the nations was the cause for binding Satan's deception of those nations, whether or not this resulted in them bowing to God in submissive faith.)

This millennial glory of that 4th millennium that began with Solomon's physical temple foundation stone being laid down was only a precursor of more glorious things to come, as you have noted above; that being the eventual high-priesthood of Christ the Messiah who was made the "chief cornerstone" foundation of the spiritual temple not made with hands.  The "sun" and "moon" of that first Psalms 72 millennial kingdom began by Solomon's physical temple foundation stone would endure until they were eclipsed by the glory of the spiritual New Jerusalem we are currently part of.  This New Jerusalem at present (ever since AD 33) has no need of the "sun" or "moon" to lighten it, because "the Lamb is the light thereof" (Revelation 21:23). 

You asked what I think was essentially "worse" on earth after the AD 33 end of the 4th millennium.  The release of Satan in full fury began almost immediately with the martyrdom of Stephen and the persecution of the believers that sprang up that same day by the Jewish leadership.

Again, Book , chapter and verse with direct reference to Satan having been loosed... please.
There are many, many references warning the believers not to be deceived in those days; that "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse; deceiving, and being deceived."  This increase of deception by a loosed Satan was true in those first century days, with just one example being Asia, which Paul covered completely with his evangelistic efforts - both Jew and Gentile.  But at the close of Paul's ministry, he warned Timothy that "all they which are in Asia be turned away from me." (2 Timothy 1:15).  This defection from the faith was just part of Satan's deception working in that "short time" of his ramped-up activity.  And the ramped-up attacks of the saints by the Jewish leadership and by the emperor Nero in Rome was only a continued part of those first-century years of persecution. 

What made that very last time of the "Great Tribulation" so evil between AD 66-70 was that Christ had predicted the complete seven-fold increase in demonic possession that would fall on the people of Israel in their "last state", making it worse than their "first state" when Christ and His disciples had been among them casting out devils right and left (Matthew 23:43-45).  No other location than AD 66-70 Jerusalem has had such a complete concentration of the entire Satanic realm working in their midst.  We can only imagine the torment taking place in that city.  The physical destruction of the temple paled in comparison.
[/size]

Please pardon any typos I rush this and did not proof read ::doh::

3 Resurrections

Hey again Rella...sorry for the delay getting back to you...workroom deadlines again, and some other posting on another website about the past millennium, demon possession, and ascension of Christ themes.

The Psalms 72 LXX text I submitted is most definitely written by the prophet King David, and it was "FOR SOLOMON" as the LXX title over this Psalm indicates.  David starts this Psalm with, "O God, give thy judgment to the king, and thy righteousness TO THE KING'S SON;" (that would be Solomon) "that he" (Solomon, that is) "may judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment."  Then David goes on to say that Solomon would judge the poor and save the children of the needy, and "bring low the false accuser".  We all know that Satan was called "the accuser of the brethren" in Revelation 12:10.  This was a fact known from old time also, as Satan was the false accuser of Job.  For Solomon to "bring low" that "false accuser" was for Solomon to begin building the temple that brought the name of the God of Israel into well-known repute among the nations - thus binding Satan's deception of them.

David goes on to describe the full extent of Solomon's up-coming reign, which would be from the Mediterranean sea to the Dead Sea, and from the River Jordan to the ends of the earth (as in 1 Kings 4:21,24).  The kings of Arabia would offer gifts (just like in 1 Kings 10:24-25).  Gold from Arabia would be given to the king's son (as it was given by the Arabians in 1 Kings 10:15).   Presents from the nations would be given to the king's son, as we find happening in the description of Solomon's reign. 

David said that men would pray for Solomon continually, "and there shall be an establishment on the earth on the tops of the mountains...and they of the city shall flourish as grass of the earth."  This was referring to the temple which Solomon would have built for God on the top of Mount Zion.  Those in the city of Jerusalem would flourish during this period. 

This was King David's prophecy dedicated to his son Solomon, whom God had promised to bless with peace during his reign. 

Scripture makes a point of telling us exactly what day, month, and year that Solomon's temple foundation was laid (1 Kings 6:1,37, 2 Chronicles 3:1-2).  It would be a literal thousand years before Christ Himself at His resurrection-day ascension became the foundation stone of the spiritual temple not made with hands at that particular day, month and year in AD 33.  Solomon's descent into idolatry didn't alter Satan's deception of the nations being bound, because God was able to use even Solomon's and Israel's apostasy to further His own purposes.  Solomon's one thousand wives and concubines each had their nation encounter the knowledge of the God of Israel through their relations with Solomon.  And every nation that the exiled Israelites were eventually driven to was also exposed to that knowledge of Israel's God punishing them for their disobedience.   The surge in the prophetic ministry during this time was another of God's means for keeping Satan's deception of the nations bound. 

In the middle, between the beginning and ending of this millennium, the temple's foundation stone in the post-exilic return was also laid down by Zerubbabel (Haggai 2:18), exactly in the middle of these millennium years.  God prophesied through Habakkuk 3:2  that He would "revive thy work in the MIDST OF THE YEARS" (this was the middle of the millennium years).   This "revival" took place at a particular month and year under Zerubbabel, whose hands laid the foundation stone for the temple again, as described in Ezra 3:8-11 and Zechariah 4:9.

Scripture would not put such a heavy emphasis on the exact day when all three of these temple foundation stones were laid if this had no significance for us.  God even told the children of Israel to consider the particular day when the post-exilic temple foundation stone was laid down compared to the day when they once again resumed temple construction and would finish it.   He would bless them by making that temple even more glorious than the former one under Solomon (Haggai 2:18-19). 

You asked for a very specific book chapter and verse directly describing Satan being loosed.  I have done this multiple times on this website, but here it is again.  Revelation 12:12 compared with Revelation 20:3 & 7, and Revelation 20:5.

Satan would be released for a "little season" when the millennium had "expired" and was "fulfilled" (Revelation 20:3 & 7). 
John gave the believers a timely warning that Satan had already come down unto them in great wrath, knowing he only had a "short time" left to operate (Revelation 12:12).

This "little season" and "short time" for Satan are speaking of the very same period of time in which Satan was loosed.

Additionally, that thousand-year timespan was supposed to be "finished" when the "First resurrection" had taken place (Revelation 20:5).  That "First resurrection" was Christ's resurrection in AD 33. This means the millennium of Satan's being bound had ENDED in AD 33 with Christ's resurrection and His ascension to heaven that day, casting Satan out of heaven into the earth to harass its inhabitants once again, but only for a "short time". 

It's very simple: The millennium ENDED when Christ ASCENDED and Satan DESCENDED to earth again.  All the rest of what I gave above merely aligns with that truth. 

Rella

Hi 3Rs,

Well, I appreciate your through in-depth explanation.  However...  ::shrug::...  ::eek::

I want to concentrate, in this reply on the specific 4 verses from the book of Revelation . 1 from Rev 12 and 3 from Rev 20.

So sorry 3Rs... The Rev verses do not make a definitive statement on when.

When I quote a biblical verse I am using the NASB 95 version as well as the newest LSV.

Revelation 12:12  New American Standard Bible 1995

12 For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."

Please read this verse again.

This in and of itself... with no regards to the rest of the chapter.... does not say Satan was bound, chained or confined in any manner. It is a warning to and inclusive of the earthly inhabitents that they undestand Satan has come down, and is no longer in heaven.

The entire 12th Chapter  is telling the story of pregnant Mary and her yet unborn child and what is prophesied to happen if Satan gets his way?

LSV says 12:12 because of this be glad, you heavens, and those who dwell in them; woe to those inhabiting the earth and the sea, because the Devil went down to you, having great wrath, having known that he has [a] short time."
LSV says 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast forth to the earth, he pursued the woman who brought forth the male,

Now.... can you see this verse is saying in verse 13 that Satan realized he was cast to earth... expelled from heaven... and then went forth against Mary who brought forth Jesus. This is worded slightly from NASB95 (See below)

The Interlinear says "He persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

I have posted the full chapter of Rev 12 from Nasb 95

The Woman, Israel
12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;
2 and she was with child; and she *cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

The Red Dragon, Satan
3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.
4 And his tail *swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

The Male Child, Christ
5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to [a]rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.
6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she *had a place prepared by God, so that there [c]she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

The Angel, Michael
7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,
8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole [d]world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying,

"Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even [e]when faced with death.

12 For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who [f]dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."
13 And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she *was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the [g]presence of the serpent.
15 And the serpent [h]poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.
16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon [j]poured out of his mouth. 17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

This is perfectly obvious that Satan was barred from heaven at the time of Mary's labor and birth to Jesus.... NOT before.
He had never been bound in heaven or loosed in heaven. And certainly not 33 years after the birth of Jesus could he be loosed if he was cast out 33 years before.

Now do you agree that this is telling of when Satan was permanently cast out of heaven?

NOW

Lets take  a look at the NASB 95 Revelation complete chapter 20. (You noted verses from Rev  Revelation 20:3 & 7, and Revelation 20:5

Chapter 20

Satan Bound

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Satan Freed, Doomed

7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

8 and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.

9 And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Judgment at the Throne of God

11 Then I saw a great white athrone and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

You referenced Chapter 20 in the order of vs. 3, vs 7 and then vs 5. Why out of order?

Lets just see how your verses read.
3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison

5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

All along you have maintained that Satan was bound in the old testament and let loose in AD33

When I ask you for scripture chapter and verse you provide Revelation 12 and 20.

I actually do not care when that was written. Before or after the temple destruction. The verses you have selected as your proof do not support Satan OT binding and Loosening in AD33

Just Rev 12 tells us that he had been fighting and being a basic pita when he was permanently cast out of heaven around the time of Jesus birth. (GO READ IT AGAIN!)

Rev 20, especially your chosen verses do not match anything for the 70AD temple destruction.

Even if you contend that it was written before and therefore the future events of Rev 20 were proper for the temple destruction they do not match what any historian has written.

3 Resurrections

No, Rella, Satan was not cast out of heaven at Christ's birth by Mary.  You've missed one critical point in this Revelation 12:5 verse.  "And her child was CAUGHT UP UNTO GOD, AND TO HIS THRONE."  This was Christ's resurrection-day ascension to His Father in heaven when He was given a kingdom, dominion, and glory according to Daniel 7:13-14. 

The verses that describe the reason for Satan being cast out of heaven with his devils include THE SHED BLOOD OF THE LAMB in Revelation 12:11.  At that point of the war in heaven, Christ's crucifixion blood had been shed, and it took this shed blood of the Lamb arriving in heaven to overcome Satan and cast him and his devils out of heaven.  That took place at Christ's resurrection-day ascension.  Once that sacrificial blood had been applied to the mercy seat in heaven's temple, Satan lost his ability to accuse the brethren anymore, because that blood had just legally made the believers vicariously holy in God's sight.  That's when he got kicked out of heaven for all time down to earth - not at Christ's birth.

This millennium puzzle was not supposed to be that difficult for John's readers back then to understand.  We today have made it harder to comprehend than it really is.   

-The millennium years were "FINISHED" with the "First resurrection" (Christ's) when Revelation 20:5 said that the "remnant of the dead" came to life again (which was the Matthew 27:52-53 saints).
-Satan was supposed to be "LOOSED A LITTLE SEASON" when that thousand years "EXPIRED" at the "First resurrection", according to Revelation 20:3 & 7.
-John said that THIS "SHORT TIME" of a wrathful Satan being on earth had already begun before he was writing Revelation, according to Revelation 12:12. 

And I would dispute with you that no historian has written about the events which John predicted for his generation to experience in those days.  I number Josephus among them, of course, but there is Seneca the Younger, and Tacitus we can refer to as well.  We've a fragment of Quadratus reserved in Eusebius's history that writes about those resurrected from the dead and healed by Christ.  And there's another, Epiphanius, that wrote about the Christians who had fled from Judea who returned to Jerusalem from Pella after the war ended, to teach and to start a small church in the city again.  There are archaeological findings we can refer to which agree with an AD 70 bodily return of Christ and the scriptures that predicted this.  Examples of empty ossuaries and empty tombs from AD 70 onward...numismatic records of this era that match scripture's description of Gog the chief prince, and the mark of the Beast...even the Talmud with its curse for the house of Annas and its high priests who were part of the Scarlet Beast...

Rella

Quote from: 3 Resurrections on Mon Feb 13, 2023 - 17:00:25
No, Rella, Satan was not cast out of heaven at Christ's birth by Mary.  You've missed one critical point in this Revelation 12:5 verse.  "And her child was CAUGHT UP UNTO GOD, AND TO HIS THRONE."  This was Christ's resurrection-day ascension to His Father in heaven when He was given a kingdom, dominion, and glory according to Daniel 7:13-14. 

No 3Rs... this was not Christ's resurrection-day to God.

The verse, depending on translation clearly said he was caught up... IOW taken.

If you apply that here, then you would have to say Elijah and Enoch were resurrected as they were alive as Jesus was in this verse. also.

Cambridge definition

resurrection noun [ U ] us / ˌrez·əˈrek·ʃən / the act or fact of bringing someone back to life, or bringing something back into use

Webster definition

1 : the event told about in the Bible in which Jesus Christ returned to life after his death 2 or the resurrection : the event told about in the Bible in which dead people will be brought back to life before the day of final judgment

At the point of his ascension up to God as a child he would never have been dead.

It is a wrong application of the word to say other.

3 Resurrections

Rella, you are stumbling over scripture's use of an anachronism.  Of course, the young child Jesus did not ascend to God and His throne when He was that young of an age.  He ascended as a full-grown adult.  But calling the full-grown Jesus a "child" is just a figure of speech, just like the one in Acts 4:27.  "For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together...."  We know very well that God did not anoint Jesus as young child, and neither did Herod, Pontius Pilate, the Gentiles, and the people of Israel gather together against the young child Jesus.  This describes the actions of these rulers of the Jews against the full-grown Christ at His crucifixion when they conspired to put Him to death.   And God anointed  Christ in heaven on His resurrection-day ascension to be our "Great High Priest".  That was not a young child that God anointed as our high priest.

Keep it simple, Rella.  Just those three points I brought up in my last comment will nail down the time for the ending of the millennium, when Satan was loosed from his binding chain which had kept him from deceiving the nations.  You're making it harder than it is.

Rella

Quote from: 3 Resurrections on Mon Feb 13, 2023 - 17:58:49
Rella, you are stumbling over scripture's use of an anachronism.  Of course, the young child Jesus did not ascend to God and His throne when He was that young of an age.  He ascended as a full-grown adult.  But calling the full-grown Jesus a "child" is just a figure of speech, just like the one in Acts 4:27.  "For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together...."  We know very well that God did not anoint Jesus as young child, and neither did Herod, Pontius Pilate, the Gentiles, and the people of Israel gather together against the young child Jesus.  This describes the actions of these rulers of the Jews against the full-grown Christ at His crucifixion when they conspired to put Him to death.   And God anointed  Christ in heaven on His resurrection-day ascension to be our "Great High Priest".  That was not a young child that God anointed as our high priest.

Keep it simple, Rella.  Just those three points I brought up in my last comment will nail down the time for the ending of the millennium, when Satan was loosed from his binding chain which had kept him from deceiving the nations.  You're making it harder than it is.

Clarity of the written word is pretty simple to me and No I am not stumbling over anything. I am interpreting statements as they are written. You can call them an anachronism if you like, and I understand that you see things in a different way then I do.  I also have a question for you at the end of all this.

The book of Revelation is opened up  stating....

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and [a]communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Now I know the words time is near is a stumbling block for you but it should not be. From Adam to the day we live has been a short time in comparison to eternity and we know the Lord does not count time as we do. He is above and outside of the sphere of time. God sees all of eternity's past and eternity's future. The time that passes on earth is of no consequence from God's timeless perspective. A second is no different from an eon; a billion years pass like seconds to the eternal God.

Psalm 90 gives us probably the best biblical perspective of time. It compares how man and God view time and life.
This is the one psalm that is attributed to Moses and in it Moses begins by asserting that God is everlasting and almighty (verses 1-2). He can destroy men's lives, and a thousand years later, He resurrects them to life with a word (verses 3-4)! Thousands of years can pass, and God can still bring people back from the dead! Man has no power over death, but God can, has, and will overcome time and death by the power of the resurrection. To God, these thousands of years pass swiftly "like yesterday . . . like a watch in the night."

We, who live our lives by comparison of everything regarding time do not comprehend this.... but us not understanding does not make it not so.

John was told in Rev 1: 19  Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.

I submit that If any part of Rev 12: can be viewed  anachronistically then John was misled and Rev 1:10 " I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet," we should take as the ramblings of
someone hallucinating because I would not believe coming from above he would be misled.

So once again  let us review Rev 12

12 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;
2 and she was with child; and she *cried out, being in labor and in pain to give birth.

This is obviously Mary, mother of Jesus... and she is in labor prior to His birth.

3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.
4 And his tail *swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.

Obviously Satan as the description of 1/3 of the stars being throw to earth ties perfectly with Satan and 1/3 of "his" angel followers followed him to earth.( This is quite a study on its own... Lucifers rise and fall)

Vs 4 tells us that Satan stood before Mary as she was about to give birth. He desperately wanted to destroy Jesus.

5 And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to [a]rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.

Mary gave birth to a child who IS to rule all the nations... and her child... not a full grown man resurrected from death...after His work on earth was completed.....

You say this child was not caught up to heaven. WHY? Could it not be that Jesus' spirit was brought up to God for reasons we are not to know, or even for "The Father" to bless "The Son" as was the Jewish custom and still is for some. The father lifts his hands, and the child bows his head. The father places his hands on the child's head, closes his eyes and begins to whisper his blessing. It matters not if the father is a great sage or a simple man, the blessing draws its power from the sincerity of the father.

Jesus would have gone up in spirit because no mortal ever has had access to the Father or into the heavenly realm.

6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days.

We are told in Mathew 2....

9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. (Remember.... Herod wanted  2 years ... young children...olds slaughtered)
13.  And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
15. He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

So this definitely fits that Mary was in exile with Jesus and Joseph until the death of Herod. Recent studies have suggested that happened in 1 BC. (another study for another time) and it has often been suggested that Jesus was born in 4BC. (later on this) so that well could fit the 3 1/2 years that John suggested.....

7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,
8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Jesus had come. Our salvation was at hand. Lucifer needed to be gone from heaven and whatever dastardly deeds and troubles he would stir up up there because our end was now in motion and we had the advocate Jesus in our corner to withstand Satan's onslaughts. The time had come, at last, for him to be banished to earth to await what would be coming.

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying,

"Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.

Amen, and Amen!!!!

12 For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."

13 And when the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.

14 But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she *was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

15 And the serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, so that he might cause her to be swept away with the flood.

16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and drank up the river which the dragon poured out of his mouth.

17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Satan's wrath and scorn against Mary, as well as against all just was no match.

Rejoice... I am almost done  rofl  for now.

In the first place you say Satan was loosed from his bindings in 33AD. I assume that is because you assume Jesus was crucified in that year? Not possible if he was 33 years old. He was born... by all studies in 4BC... therefore he had to be crucified and resurrected in 29AD.

In the second place, if you acknowledge the inerrancy of the bible then Chapter 12 proves that around Jesus' birth Satan was roaming freely as he went after Mary.... not just after His death and resurrection.

If you are basing the binding of Satan on the building of Solomon's temple in 966BC which does take it to 33AD then are you
also basing that Satan was without influence on earth during the time Jesus walked it. Then 4 years after his crucifixion and resurrection then Satan was loosed to destroy, as best he could, earth and her inhabitants.

A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION !!!!  Then WHO was this.....???

Matthew 3:17–4:11 NASB95
and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And after He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry. And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.' "

Then the devil took Him into the holy city and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written,

Mark 1:12-13
New American Standard Bible
12 And immediately the Spirit *brought Him out into the wilderness. 13 And He was in the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by Satan; and He was with the wild animals, and the angels were serving Him.

Luke 4:

1 aJesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around 1by the Spirit in the wilderness

2 for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they had ended, He became hungry.

3 And the devil said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread."

3 Resurrections

Hey again Rella, 

I'll give a quick answer to your last question below, but I think this detracts from the main theme of your post, which was the timing of Satan's binding and his subsequent release from that binding.

You were on the right track when you requested some simple proof texts as to when Satan was bound.  There are lots of reference texts that have been connected to this subject (whether rightly or wrongly), but when it comes down to it, the only verses that speak directly about this particular thousand-year period of Satan's binding are found in Revelation 20:1-7.  That's it, and that's all.  Sweep away all other texts and hone in on that one passage, and you get your answer.

And the only verses that tells us exactly WHEN the years of Satan's binding ENDED are Revelation 20:3,5, & 7.  Satan was supposed to be loosed for just a "little season" from that chain that bound his deception of the nations when the thousand years was "fulfilled" (Rev. 20:3).  To confirm this same fact, Revelation 20:7 says again that when that thousand years had "expired", Satan would be "loosed" out of that binding to go deceive the nations once more.   

Then Revelation 20:5 tells us where on the calendar to put that "loosing" of Satan from his chained condition.  The thousand years would END with the "First resurrection" event when the remnant of the dead came to life again.  "...and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this is the first rising again." (YLT). 

This is not deep.  The "First resurrection" event was when "Christ the First-fruits" rose from the dead and on the same day brought those many Matthew 27:52-53 saints to life again, who were seen by many in Jerusalem.    They were the remnant of the dead who lived again by being resurrected on that day.  The thousand years of Satan's binding were "finished", "expired", and "fulfilled" on the day when the "First resurrection" of Christ took place.

Every other text which has been debated about the thousand-year period coming to an end has to fit this proof text's time setting of Christ's resurrection from the dead along with the Matthew 27:52-53 "First-fruits".  Until you get the "First resurrection" event understood, every other interpretation of this thousand-year period gets twisted around.   

As a separate question, you asked above how Satan's deception could be bound from Solomon's days until AD 33 if he was present on earth tempting Christ in the wilderness. 

I would answer with another question: did Satan succeed in deceiving Christ?  NO.  The description of Satan's binding is that he would not be able to deceive the nations during that time.   

Let me ask another question: Is a chain binding Satan's deception of the nations telling us that Satan would not TRY to deceive the nations during the thousand-year period?  Again, NO IT DOESN'T.  It only says that he himself would not succeed in his attempts to deceive the nations. 

Let me ask another question: If Satan cannot deceive the nations, does this mean they had no ability to deceive themselves during that time?  Again, NO, IT DOESN'T.  Humanity has always been able to deceive itself with no assistance whatever from the Satanic realm, because "the HEART IS DECEITFUL above all things, and desperately wicked...", ever since the Fall in the Garden of Eden.

Let me ask another question: If Satan was not allowed to deceive the nations during this thousand years, did that mean he was not present on earth?  Again, NO, IT DOESN'T.
The verses discussing Satan's binding say that the angel came down from heaven to do this.  So this indicates that the binding of Satan was done on the earth.  But whether present on earth or elsewhere, Satan's deception of the nations would be halted regardless.

Let me ask another question: Even if a person was not deceived by Satan during those thousand years, did that mean they would respond with becoming a person of faith?  Again, NO, IT DOESN'T.  Just as Adam was not deceived, and went ahead and disobeyed God anyway with full knowledge of the consequences,  people who were not deceived during this thousand years did not necessarily come to faith in the God of Israel as a result.   

If, as you say, you truly are capable of understanding the clarity of the written word, then these simple points should pose no problem for you.  God and the writer of Revelation did not mean for this to be as complicated a subject for the believers as we have made it during all the many years since it was first written. 

Rella

Hi 3Rs,
This will be one of the shortest answers I have given to you.

QuoteYou were on the right track when you requested some simple proof texts as to when Satan was bound.  There are lots of reference texts that have been connected to this subject (whether rightly or wrongly), but when it comes down to it, the only verses that speak directly about this particular thousand-year period of Satan's binding are found in Revelation 20:1-7.  That's it, and that's all.  Sweep away all other texts and hone in on that one passage, and you get your answer.

Correct me if I am wrong please but do I not remember you having said there were 3 bindings of Satan? And at one point did you not say that the first was during the building of Solomon's temple?

Yes, this exchange is about that BC/AD 1000 confinement of Satan.....

If I am remembering wrong, correct me because I am almost to that age where I can remember things whether they happened or not..... LOL. Or perhaps we were debating in one of my dreams  rofl

'but when it comes down to it, the only verses that speak directly about this particular thousand-year period of Satan's binding are found in Revelation 20:1-7.''

Revelation 20:1–7New American Standard Bible: 1995
Satan Bound

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

7 When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

3Rs... no matter when you feel Rev was written chapter 20: 1-7 proves that Satan could not have been released in 33AD or anytime prior to the writing of Rev by John.

When the 1000 years are completed....Satan will be

If he was in 33 AD this verse written for the future. WILL BE  could not mean the 1000 period you are claiming

And this is why I disagree that these verses are speaking about this particlular 1000 years with Satan being bound from Solomons temple erection and AD33 ( which I still submit is an odd date as it has no reference to Jesus' crucifixion /resurrection at all as it is past that even by about 4 years... give or take specific calendar dates which we dont have.)

Now... as to your questions...

QuoteI would answer with another question: did Satan succeed in deceiving Christ?  NO.  The description of Satan's binding is that he would not be able to deceive the nations during that time.   

Let me ask another question: Is a chain binding Satan's deception of the nations telling us that Satan would not TRY to deceive the nations during the thousand-year period?  Again, NO IT DOESN'T.  It only says that he himself would not succeed in his attempts to deceive the nations.

Let me ask another question: If Satan cannot deceive the nations, does this mean they had no ability to deceive themselves during that time?  Again, NO, IT DOESN'T.  Humanity has always been able to deceive itself with no assistance whatever from the Satanic realm, because "the HEART IS DECEITFUL above all things, and desperately wicked...", ever since the Fall in the Garden of Eden.

Let me ask another question: If Satan was not allowed to deceive the nations during this thousand years, did that mean he was not present on earth?  Again, NO, IT DOESN'T.
The verses discussing Satan's binding say that the angel came down from heaven to do this.  So this indicates that the binding of Satan was done on the earth.  But whether present on earth or elsewhere, Satan's deception of the nations would be halted regardless.

Let me ask another question: Even if a person was not deceived by Satan during those thousand years, did that mean they would respond with becoming a person of faith?  Again, NO, IT DOESN'T.  Just as Adam was not deceived, and went ahead and disobeyed God anyway with full knowledge of the consequences,  people who were not deceived during this thousand years did not necessarily come to faith in the God of Israel as a result.   

If, as you say, you truly are capable of understanding the clarity of the written word, then these simple points should pose no problem for you.  God and the writer of Revelation did not mean for this to be as complicated a subject for the believers as we have made it during all the many years since it was first written.

They dont.... present a problem for me.

Using your choice of verses for your proof   Ch 20:1-7

Verse 3 simply says...

" 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time."

So not only was he not free to roam the earth and was not able to deceive anyone... he could not have been present with Jesus in the wilderness as we were told in Mathew, Mark and luke.

So I ask again... who was that with Jesus in the wilderness.... If Jesus was crucified at age 33 and his ministry was about 3 years long...( some say 3 1/2 years  ::lookaround:: . That 3 1/2 years does pop up a lot) then he had to have been baptised and into the wilderness in 27 AD or just before..... during the time you claim Satan was not only bound but shut and sealed in a abyss....

I know... and you should also.

3 Resurrections

Hey again Rella,

I'll make this quick, since I have the latest workroom deadline to finish (which I'm trying to get out of the way before my aging mother's final days come to a close, probably in a number of weeks).

No, I have never proposed THREE separate times when Satan was bound.  Only one literal thousand-year period.  The trouble is that you are still presuming that "the abyss" (abysson)is an actual location somewhere.  It's not.  It is a CONDITION in which an entity or person is placed.  Just as Christ Himself was in the "abyss" while being dead for 3 days and nights, according to Romans 10:7.  "...Who shall descend into the deep?" (abysson) "(THAT IS, TO BRING UP CHRIST AGAIN FROM THE DEAD)".  Here, the CONDITION of Christ's body being DEAD is presented as the equivalent of the ABYSS.

Therefore, Satan being bound in an ABYSS by the angel was for him to be put in a condition where he could not function as usual in deceiving the nations anymore.  This was not a literal bottomless pit location; nether was it a literal chain which was binding this angelic creature; neither was it a literal material seal the angel put over him.  These all symbolized something.  And although being a literal thousand-year period, this time span also symbolized something as well.  And since the abyss is symbolic of a CONDITION Satan was put into, this did not limit him from traveling from one location to another while still remaining sealed up in that condition. 

You are also trying to claim that the future tense of when the thousand years "WILL BE" completed means future to when this was written.  That totally ignores the time John stipulated for the final end of the thousand years.  Revelation 20:5 tells us that THE THOUSAND YEARS END WITH THE FIRST RESURRECTION.

This "FIRST resurrection" was that of Christ and the Matthew 27:52-53 saints rising from the dead that same day back in the first century.  Any other interpretation of the "FIRST resurrection" is not possible.  Christ was the "FIRST-fruits" rising from the dead; the "FIRST-begotten", and the "FIRST-born".   It doesn't really matter for the sake of this discussion whether that year of His resurrection was AD 33 or not.  Don't get sidetracked on that peripheral issue.

I repeat: Revelation 20:5 tells us that THE THOUSAND YEARS END WITH THE FIRST RESURRECTION.  Everything else we could bring up from scripture MUST submit to this proof text which gives us the timing for the end of this thousand years.

Rella

You are busy. My sympathies about your mother... and like mine for me yours must come first for you.
So since we are at a stalemate I am not expecting a reply.

After all there is No sense  ::beatingdeadhorse::

You are certain that what you read and comprehend about the 1000 years of binding and confining is accurate.

To you it makes perfect sense.

To me.... No!

Let us assume you are correct for a moment.

Let us assume that when you say that Satan was left loose in 33AD after Jesus' earthly resurrection since having been born
that also was in 33AD....

Let us assume that all the historical studies of time are in error and Herod did not dies in 1 BC, and Jesus was not born in 4 BC at all. 

Let us even assume John wrote the book of Revelation before the temple destruction. We know there are different views to the time when the book of Revelation was written. Some believe it was written during the reign of Nero (A.D. 54-68), or during the reign of Vespasian (A.D. 69-79), or during the reign of Domitian (A.D. 81-96).

Side note:  Those who suggest the early date for the writing of the book of Revelation see the persecution pointed to in the letters to the seven churches as that suffered by Christians under Nero (A.D. 64), or possibly later under Vespasian. They see that the troubles portrayed by the book of Revelation are being similar to the troubles that affected the city of Rome from the last years of Nero to the early years of Vespasian. ( I am not going to get into why those certain scholars (?)  identify the beast that suffers a deadly wound and is healed (Revelation 13:3) and in the beast that "was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 17:8) is pointing to Nero.

Obviously this is not right...it is obvious that this understanding is not correct because the prophecies of the Revelation have an end time application that goes beyond that early time frame of Rev 1:11... saying, "Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."). The book of Revelation is an apocalypse unveiling the mysteries of the future culminating to the final triumph of Jesus Christ over all the powers of Satan Revelation

It goes beyond  telling us what will happening in the future, but it is also tells us what happened in the past

Now, as I have said I do not care when the book of Revelation was written. It matters not for our subject .

What you cannot explain... except spin it with an assumption that is non provable and that is why (Your words)" Revelation 20:5 tells us that THE THOUSAND YEARS END WITH THE FIRST RESURRECTION."

I read no such meaning in....5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

It is an  impossibility even if written as early as 64AD under Nero...and an impossibility even if Jesus was crucified and resurrected in 33 AD

THE REASON: Because the 20th chapter is a chapter of future events  and had not happened during the writing of the book.

The writing of the book would have had to happen BC for Satan  released for a little season or short in 333AD...

I suggest we stop no because neither of us will concede to the other. ::tippinghat::

3 Resurrections

Hi Rella,  I should make sure I give total credit to my younger brother and his wife who have been carrying the entire load of care for my mother this past year and a half.  They both moved into the home they had rented to my parents in order to give her 24/7 attention as her mind has been slowly disintegrating.  All I can do is watch and pray from several states away.  She is 93, and recently recovered from Covid and is now healing from a broken arm from a fall.  Lots of shock to the system for a woman who had been riding her adult tricycle alone around the neighborhood only a year ago.   A spunky spirit...and very creative.

For our subject, I would agree with one of your statements above - that Revelation was written not just about future things, but also what happened in the past (as in Revelation 1:19).  Revelation 20 also includes a mix of past things and things future to John's readers.  One of those PAST events was those sitting on thrones who were given (PAST TENSE) the power to judge (meaning the 12 disciples who were given authority by Christ to sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel when He was regenerated at His resurrection and sat on the throne of His glory at the right hand of God).   John also wrote of PAST events when certain individuals had been martyred, but during their natural lifetime had lived and reigned (PAST TENSE) with Christ at some point during the thousand years. 

It is not "MY words" that the thousand years ENDED with the "First resurrection".  I'm quoting John directly from that Revelation 20:5 verse.  "THIS is the First resurrection" it says.  What does John mean by "THIS"?  He already told us earlier in the same Revelation 20:5 verse.  "THIS" First resurrection event was the equivalent of the thousand years ending when that group of dead saints came to life again. 

If you can't understand that the "First resurrection" was composed of Christ coming to life again along with the group of Matthew 27:52-53 saints, then you've lost the point John was making when he identified that "First resurrection" event as being the ENDING POINT of the thousand years. 

And as you have already said above, the dates attached to this "First resurrection" event are actually immaterial for the sake of this particular discussion.   

Rella

Quote from: 3 Resurrections on Mon Feb 20, 2023 - 09:21:00
Hi Rella,  I should make sure I give total credit to my younger brother and his wife who have been carrying the entire load of care for my mother this past year and a half.  They both moved into the home they had rented to my parents in order to give her 24/7 attention as her mind has been slowly disintegrating.  All I can do is watch and pray from several states away.  She is 93, and recently recovered from Covid and is now healing from a broken arm from a fall.  Lots of shock to the system for a woman who had been riding her adult tricycle alone around the neighborhood only a year ago.   A spunky spirit...and very creative.

For our subject, I would agree with one of your statements above - that Revelation was written not just about future things, but also what happened in the past (as in Revelation 1:19).  Revelation 20 also includes a mix of past things and things future to John's readers.  One of those PAST events was those sitting on thrones who were given (PAST TENSE) the power to judge (meaning the 12 disciples who were given authority by Christ to sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel when He was regenerated at His resurrection and sat on the throne of His glory at the right hand of God).   John also wrote of PAST events when certain individuals had been martyred, but during their natural lifetime had lived and reigned (PAST TENSE) with Christ at some point during the thousand years. 

It is not "MY words" that the thousand years ENDED with the "First resurrection".  I'm quoting John directly from that Revelation 20:5 verse.  "THIS is the First resurrection" it says.  What does John mean by "THIS"?  He already told us earlier in the same Revelation 20:5 verse.  "THIS" First resurrection event was the equivalent of the thousand years ending when that group of dead saints came to life again. 

If you can't understand that the "First resurrection" was composed of Christ coming to life again along with the group of Matthew 27:52-53 saints, then you've lost the point John was making when he identified that "First resurrection" event as being the ENDING POINT of the thousand years. 

And as you have already said above, the dates attached to this "First resurrection" event are actually immaterial for the sake of this particular discussion. 

Hi 3Rs,

Looks like your mom and my mom are in the same boat. I am the only caregiver so it is good your mom has your brother and sis-in-law. Mine had been on a slow decline for a few years of memory loss starting with not remembering the street names
around us. She will be 89 in August. (I.m adopted when dad remarried when birth mom dies)  2 years ago something snapped in her ( too long to explain) and from that point on it was a slow decline... but the worst noticed last spring and the cognitive test was give. The doc was surprised that she had a bad result because when at the dos or something like that she can talk well....??? Anyway... if your mom is going through that you know all about it, even if only coming by way of your brother.

Now... back to my understanding of the book of Revelation... (Sorry... I just cant let this one slide) hereafter to  be called Rev cause LOL I get tired of typing....

QuoteIf you can't understand that the "First resurrection" was composed of Christ coming to life again along with the group of Matthew 27:52-53 saints, then you've lost the point John was making when he identified that "First resurrection" event as being the ENDING POINT of the thousand years.

You are right and wrong at the same time. The first resurrection mentioned by John did not include Jesus it was the rest of the dead... after the first saints in Mathew.

I view Rev in total as being in basically 3 sections.

Past, present and future.

Based on these I see the book as having the following breakdown.

1. The past are the things which John had seen from 1: 9-19 including verse 20 which is an explanation of part of this vision, the vision of the glorified Christ  ...1:9-20.

2. The  present are "the things which are." This deals with the messages to the seven churches and the state of the church or the church age ...2:1 up through 3:22.

3. The  future referring  to "the things which shall take place after these things." This takes us  into the future or things to come, and deals with the things that will occur after the church~ the tribulation, the millennium, and the eternal state Rev 4:1 cannot be misunderstood... no matter how you want to twist things
Quote4:1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things." AFTER....
Not before and after but after.

It is incumbent on you, me and all reading Rev  ...   if you, as I do,   follow the plain, literal or normal principle of interpretation the only conclusion is that most of the book is yet in the future. But, yes,  I realize you do not follow a basic interpretation.

You have to agree that NO judgments in history have ever equaled those described in chapters 6, 8, 9, and 16. And I say the resurrections and judgment described in chapter 20 have not yet occurred. There has been no visible return of Christ as portrayed in chapter 19.

But we are talking of chapter 20 and specifically vs 5.

I can understand a bit why you, as a preterist, feel this is of the past. Actually Rev 20:1-6, by itself, does not teach anything with regard to time or place so  by itself we cannot determine past or future.

But I firmly believe it is  future  and here is why.

The things which shall be hereafter pertain to the things after the church age.. This includes  chapters 4 till the end of the book.. as John is told to come up hither and write the things which shall be hereafter..ie, after writing of the things which are..

We need  to refer to  Revelation 19 here as its latter portion also describes the fate of the beast and of the false prophet..how that they're taken and thrown into the Lake of fire by the Lord coming with His saints.. coming against the kings of the earth and their armies who are gathered together with the beast etc..

Notice that the beast and false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire at the Lord's coming with His saints.. Those who were the first resurection... all of them.

Well.. if you look down in Revelation 20:8-10.. it speaks of the devil who was bound for a thousand years and then loosed for a season to deceive the nations again and gather them against the camp of the saints.. Until Jesus returns with his saints this would not be possible, so it is the coming of Jesus that is the tell in determining when Satan was loose for his short time. It says in verse 10 that he too was cast into the lake of fire where the beast and the false prophet are..

SO.. if Revelation 19 is future in describing the coming of the LORD with His saints to take the beast and the false prophet at that time.. then Revelation 20 must also be future because it is linked to the context of the devil (Satan)also being cast into the lake of fire where they already are..

They can't get there until the Lord comes.. and the Lord hasn't come yet with all His saints.. as the church is still being built by Him and the marriage of the Lamb is also yet to come..

Now let us look specifically at what Rev 20:5 says

We know that some dead came to life when Jesus was resurrected.
Math 27:52 tells us... v 52 Also the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

This was at Jesus crucifixion and resurrection NOT the temple destruction. There is no scripture that
says any dead came back to life in 70AD. And these coming back to life are not said to be resurrected but just raised.... As part of Jesus' resurrection.

I submit that this resurrection in vs 5 that is mentioned is not relating to the Resurrection of Jesus but to the resurrection of the rest of the dead and is call the first resurrection because it completed the rest of the raising of the dead for that time when the 1000 years of binding and confinement were completed.

So I shall jump off here....

Have a splendid rest of your day[/size]

+-Recent Topics

Creation scientists by Amo
Yesterday at 22:22:17

Sabbath, Sunday, and Legalism by Wycliffes_Shillelagh
Yesterday at 14:58:13

About the "Holy Rosary" prayer by Rella
Yesterday at 07:09:39

What does it mean to be "Holy?" (Leviticus 19:1-20:27) by Jacob Ben Avraham
Mon May 13, 2024 - 22:51:47

What does it mean to be "Holy?" (Leviticus 19:1-20:27) by Jacob Ben Avraham