News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897379
Total Topics: 90304
Most Online Today: 428
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 419
Total: 420
Raymondphove
Google (2)

Barnes and Nobles, Grooming Children for the New Age

Started by Charles Sloan, Mon Jan 28, 2008 - 18:49:51

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Basherbelding

Wow I'm glad we have a good bookstore with hundreds of good books in it including children's books! that is disgusting! Were are all the children's books? The evil books are really bad. Thanks for posting this!

Thanks for posting this, i just  noticed this is not just a bookstuore. I looked at the other pictures and the items are also bad. Kids could see them!

God bless,
Basherbelding

Jimbob

I don't know...if I were to drive the 30 minutes to the nearest B&N, I wouldn't be letting my daughter roam unsupervised.  Parents should parent, even at the store (maybe especially).

don has a plan

My son loves to go to B&N for the same reason as Charles' son -- to play with (and beg Daddy to buy) the Thomas trains.  I hate going there.  I do definitely supervise him while there, as I do in any store.

To whomever mentioned the porn magazines in convenience stores -- I've seen those at stores in both Memphis and Little Rock, often on a small rack on the floor within kids' range of vision.  I'm not offended by them being present, personally, but I would not want my 5-year old seeing them.  Kids are being exposed to way too much sex and violence way too early.  That's mostly the parents' fault, but our materialistic obsessions are not helping any.

I remember some years ago Wal-Markses being strongly urged by parents' groups to remove Cosmo from the checkout stands.  (I think it would have been better to urge the City Council to remove Wal-Markses from town, but that's just me.)

Basherbelding

Quote from: don has a plan on Wed Mar 12, 2008 - 12:40:28
My son loves to go to B&N for the same reason as Charles' son -- to play with (and beg Daddy to buy) the Thomas trains.  I hate going there.  I do definitely supervise him while there, as I do in any store.

To whomever mentioned the porn magazines in convenience stores -- I've seen those at stores in both Memphis and Little Rock, often on a small rack on the floor within kids' range of vision.  I'm not offended by them being present, personally, but I would not want my 5-year old seeing them.  Kids are being exposed to way too much sex and violence way too early.  That's mostly the parents' fault, but our materialistic obsessions are not helping any.

I remember some years ago Wal-Markses being strongly urged by parents' groups to remove Cosmo from the checkout stands.  (I think it would have been better to urge the City Council to remove Wal-Markses from town, but that's just me.)


Nice post, and i still think that shop is bad!

God bless,
Basherbelding

Powered by EzPortal