News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897253
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 1029
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 674
Total: 674
Google

I just learned a lesson

Started by Jimbob, Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:36:29

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jimbob

I needed a good laugh after reading some of the threads here this weekend, and I got one when I found this old Family Circus while thumbing through one of my Bibles.  A good friend gave me this cartoon one Sunday several years ago. 




Jimbob

Why is this in RM?  Because I thought maybe we could debate the fact she's carrying a pitcher, not standing in a river.

Bon Voyage

Quote from: jmg3rd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:37:13
Why is this in RM?  Because I thought maybe we could debate the fact she's carrying a pitcher, not standing in a river.

Of course it is RM, it is open to Acts 2, and the cartoon is talking about baptism.

HRoberson

Quote from: jmg3rd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:37:13
Why is this in RM?  Because I thought maybe we could debate the fact she's carrying a pitcher, not standing in a river.

I had the same thought.

The reason it didn't turn out right, is because she wasn't following the (semi-) clear teaching of God that one must dunk the cat.

marc

It's easier to dunk a cat in a pitcher than in a river.

HRoberson

Quote from: marc on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 19:32:10
It's easier to dunk a cat in a pitcher than in a river.

Not if you throw it hard enough.

James Rondon

Quote from: jmg3rd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:37:13
Why is this in RM?  Because I thought maybe we could debate the fact she's carrying a pitcher, not standing in a river.

What about the fact that it was a she that was doing the baptizing?...

Even more, did the cat know that it was being baptized for the remission of sins?

Jimmy

Quote from: James Rondon on Thu Dec 18, 2008 - 16:03:18
Quote from: jmg3rd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:37:13
Why is this in RM?  Because I thought maybe we could debate the fact she's carrying a pitcher, not standing in a river.

What about the fact that it was a she that was doing the baptizing?...

Even more, did the cat know that it was being baptized for the remission of sins?

Why can't a she baptize?  

Silly boy, cats can't sin.

James Rondon

Quote from: Jimmy on Thu Dec 18, 2008 - 16:23:46
Quote from: James Rondon on Thu Dec 18, 2008 - 16:03:18
Quote from: jmg3rd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:37:13
Why is this in RM?  Because I thought maybe we could debate the fact she's carrying a pitcher, not standing in a river.

What about the fact that it was a she that was doing the baptizing?...

Even more, did the cat know that it was being baptized for the remission of sins?

Why can't a she baptize?

Command, example, necessary inference.

Quote from: Jimmy on Thu Dec 18, 2008 - 16:23:46
Silly boy, cats can't sin.

Then why baptize it?

Snargles

#9
When does a cat reach the Age of Accountability?

Is the AoA different for dogs?

If she dunked the cat but the tip of its tail was still above water would the baptism count?

How would you baptize a fish? Wrap a wet sponge around its mouth and jerk it out of the water?

Why shouldn't the congregation clap after a fish is baptized?
The fish would think there were seals in the crowd and get nervous.

Lee Freeman

What I wanna know is, would the cat worship with or without an organ?

Pax.

DCR

Quote from: Lee Freeman on Mon Dec 22, 2008 - 16:57:06
What I wanna know is, would the cat worship with or without an organ?

Pax.

Apparently.


Jimbob


Bon Voyage


Volkmar

Cats are git of Satan, and they don't like being rantized either...


V

Jaime

Cats, unlike dogs, are incapable of repentance. It's in the word about "dogly sorrow"!

zoonance

Quote from: jmg3rd on Sun Dec 14, 2008 - 18:36:29
I needed a good laugh after reading some of the threads here this weekend, and I got one when I found this old Family Circus while thumbing through one of my Bibles.  A good friend gave me this cartoon one Sunday several years ago. 







Proof that she attends where false teachers abound.....

Nevertheless

Quote from: Jaime on Sat Dec 27, 2008 - 09:59:12
Cats, unlike dogs, are incapable of repentance. It's in the word about "dogly sorrow"!

Hmmm. . . . Someone's dyslexic!

Jaime

Quote from: Nevertheless on Fri Jan 30, 2009 - 20:04:14
Quote from: Jaime on Sat Dec 27, 2008 - 09:59:12
Cats, unlike dogs, are incapable of repentance. It's in the word about "dogly sorrow"!

Hmmm. . . . Someone's dyslexic!

I'm predominantly right-handed.  ::lookaround::

Mere Nick

Quote from: Jimmy on Thu Dec 18, 2008 - 16:23:46

Silly boy, cats can't sin.

Cats are sin with fur.  They even made a movie about it called "The Last Sin Eater".  It's a movie about some loner dude who shows up at the Chinese buffet just before closing time.

Powered by EzPortal