News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897256
Total Topics: 90297
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 315
Total: 316
4WD
Google (2)

An important message to Protestants

Started by Tu Es Petrus, Tue Jan 06, 2009 - 07:04:11

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LightHammer

Quote from: Lively Stone on Tue Feb 15, 2011 - 21:31:16
Is 'blugent' poetic?


I guess it depends on what you view as poetry.

Poetry is an art and has no basis in set standards or definition.

In all honesty the sound of the wind can be poetic. The waves breaking on the shore captivates many as poetic.

In that regard secular rap music that so many don't like is poetry and genius to its fan base.

I'm sure that's not what you meant in your condescending remark but just making a point.

Snargles

Quote from: Lively Stone on Tue Feb 15, 2011 - 21:31:16
Is 'blugent' poetic?

When I read his post I thought "This guy must have been an English major, he knows words I never heard of." I was trying to find ways to use blugent in conversation. But maybe you are right and it is just a typo.  ::whistle::

p.rehbein

bludgeon (bluj an), n. 1. heavy club, -v, 2. strike with a bludgeon.


LightHammer

Quote from: p.rehbein on Wed Feb 16, 2011 - 07:03:55
bludgeon (bluj an), n. 1. heavy club, -v, 2. strike with a bludgeon.




I misspelled a word why is this headline news?

Jimmy


p.rehbein

Quote from: LightHammer on Wed Feb 16, 2011 - 07:40:44
Quote from: p.rehbein on Wed Feb 16, 2011 - 07:03:55
bludgeon (bluj an), n. 1. heavy club, -v, 2. strike with a bludgeon.




I misspelled a word why is this headline news?

It isn't/wasn't, shoot, iffin mispellin words was news, I'd be the headline of the day every day!  ::smile::  Jest threw it in there for FYI to folks........


+-Recent Topics

Proverbs 21:2 by pppp
Today at 05:22:13

Psalm 105:15 by pppp
Today at 05:02:00

The Meaning of Foreknew in Romans 8:29 by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:43:54

The Words 'sin nature' in Scripture by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:39:46

1 John 5:1 revisited by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:23:17

We get an extra hour on Halloween night. by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:20:05

Creation scientists by pppp
Yesterday at 17:37:37

Initial faith and ongoing faith, is a distinction needed? by 4WD
Yesterday at 16:44:24

John 1:12-13 revisited. by Dave...
Yesterday at 13:07:58

The Holy Spirit, upon, in or absent in the Old Testament? by Dave...
Yesterday at 13:00:26

Powered by EzPortal