News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897253
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 574
Total: 574
Google (2)

King James Version or RSV or NIV, does it make a difference?

Started by Hobie, Tue Mar 10, 2009 - 17:22:07

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Marcello9

Quote from: Hehealedme on Tue Mar 10, 2009 - 18:06:44
QuoteKJV---(King James Version)RSV---(Revised Standard Version)---NIV(New International Version)

1 John 5:7
Removal of the Trinity
KJV---For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.
RSV---For there are three that testify the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost
NIV---( missing )


Romans 1:3
Systematic removal of the divinity of Jesus Christ
KJV---Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
RSV--- concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
NIV---regarding his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David,


Acts 22:16
Systematic removal of the divinity of Jesus Christ
KJV---wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord
RSV---and wash away thy sins, calling on his name.
NIV---wash your sins away, calling on his name.


Even if the mention of the Trinity is missing in the KJV, the RSV, or the NIV Study Bible for instance, I don't mind...I know that the Trinity is true...and not reading about it in the NIV won't make me change my mind...

I owe a French Thompson Bible and a NIV Study Bible...I have compared them. Everything that is missing in the NIV, any verse at all IS included in the Thompson Bible...I do not worry about that and it doesn't threat my faith in Jesus whatsoever...

I used to have a link to an article about the NIV Bible...it said that the NIV Bible was the worse one... ::shrug::







***You have used "I" SIX times in reference to yourself...stating that changes, omissions, etc., don't bother you because you already know the doctrines and these changes won't affect you. Well even if they don't it is still a terrible thing and might "hurt" someone who isn't as grounded in the faith as you are. I think your answer is quite self-centered and selfish. Think about how these translations might hurt your brothers/sisters in the faith.

Marcello

glen

read the youngs literal and many of these inconsistencies will disappear

mjrhealth

QuoteThe story is told of four ministers discussing the pros and cons of various Bible translations and paraphrases. Eventually each stated which version, in his opinion, is the best.
The first minister said he used the King James because the Old English style is beautiful and produces the most reverent picture of the Holy Scriptures.
The second said he preferred the New American Standard Bible because he felt it comes nearer to the original Greek and Hebrew texts.
The third minister said his favorite was the paraphrased Living Bible because his congregation was young, and it related to them in a practical way.
All three men waited while the fourth minister sat silently.
Finally he said, "I guess when it comes to translations and paraphrased editions of the Bible, I like my Dad's translation best. He put the Word of God into practice every day. It was the most convincing translation I've ever seen."

And then Jesus spoke and said," and I sent you the Holy Spirirt, to teach you and to lead you into all the truth, and am I not the truth".?

In  HIs LOve

glen

Quote from: mjrhealth on Fri Dec 18, 2009 - 19:24:23
QuoteThe story is told of four ministers discussing the pros and cons of various Bible translations and paraphrases. Eventually each stated which version, in his opinion, is the best.
The first minister said he used the King James because the Old English style is beautiful and produces the most reverent picture of the Holy Scriptures.
The second said he preferred the New American Standard Bible because he felt it comes nearer to the original Greek and Hebrew texts.
The third minister said his favorite was the paraphrased Living Bible because his congregation was young, and it related to them in a practical way.
All three men waited while the fourth minister sat silently.
Finally he said, "I guess when it comes to translations and paraphrased editions of the Bible, I like my Dad's translation best. He put the Word of God into practice every day. It was the most convincing translation I've ever seen."

And then Jesus spoke and said," and I sent you the Holy Spirirt, to teach you and to lead you into all the truth, and am I not the truth".?

In  HIs LOve

i agree with you on that
god himself is the primary source of truth, and also our openess to the truth(from the heart not from dogma,wants or emotions), whatever it is and may make us feel - good or bad
it may rub some people up the wrong way but our translations are not perfect, we would have to be very gullible to think that
i also do not think our canon is perfect either (i refuse to jump on the catholic,protestant or whatever else bandwagon)
but the important thing is , is that we have enough concerning salvation, the covenant of christ for example and gods commandments which are the primary essentials and are in clear view
spirit and truth, thats what it's all about

Hobie

Quote from: Tantor on Fri Mar 13, 2009 - 07:41:43Can you furnish us with these 'original writings', practiacally speaking I think not. The closest is probably the Dead Sea Scrolls, but other than that the version right now that is the best is the KJV....


Not even close.. you have been brainwashed.. my friend.. the KJV is a steaming pile of a translation.

And we will never find the originals because I believe God never wanted his inspired works compiled into the anthology we have that we call the Bible... if God really was interested in protecting his word, they would still exist. So in essence, the KJV is the pinnacle of man's arrogance toward God... and should be avoided by the serious christian like the plague that it is.






Wow, my brother,

I dont know what to say, except I will pray that you find Gods truth as that idea is just another way that evil keeps us from what God has given us in the written word. With one giant swipe you have wiped out any manuscript, translation, version, saying basically what God has provided is not good enough for you.


I would say it is you who needs their eyes opened.

Jesus was God.. and Jesus chose to not write anything.  I think that says volumes.

The scriptures also say that Christianity is a religion of faith and not sight... and it seems you have put all your eggs in one basket in the ability to see what the apostles wrote (if they actually wrote what we think they did).

So even the doctrines you hold are contrary to the skewed scriptures you hold do dearly.

If every single copy of the KJV was thrown in a fire.. it would be a good start for Christendom.. the start of a new rebirth of faith.
The church of Rome tried that already..

+-Recent Topics

Powered by EzPortal