News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897250
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 1029
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 459
Total: 461
Dave...
mommydi
Google (3)

I am a new believer and my denomination is Pentecostal!

Started by Susan2001, Sun Aug 09, 2009 - 19:05:12

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Susan2001

My husband and I became new believers on July 19th at a Pentecostal house of worship.  Praise God!

It is a small, friendly church with a pastor who is very, very passionate about God.  My husband and I did not know they were Pentecostal until last week, when he kept saying this is a Pentecostal.  

My husband and I love this House of Worship.   The pastor gets really emotional and is so passionate about God, he gets angry (in a good way) and cries.  I wish you could listen to one of his sermens. All his sermens are wonderful but today was especially nice. He preached about we need NOT be Prayerless, Not have Pride, Have no Prejudice, no Presumptions, and NOT be Preoccupied.    He despises church games.   My husband and I just love the way he delievers God's message in it's truest form.  He is direct, no beat around the bush pastor, but he has a sense of humor too.  Today he laid hands on and  prayed for members who were hurting physically and he layed hands on and prayed on my husband and I with oil.  I finally heard what "speaking in tongues"sounds like.  It was about 5 seconds of words I could not understand.

A Christian friend of ours asked what demonination church were we going to.  My husband said Pentecostal.  Our friend said that is good, because the Pentecostal Church believes in the Holy Spirit which my husband and I do.  

I don't know much about Pentecostal denomination, but I love what I have seen/heard so far.

My husband and I have not been baptized yet.  The baptism supposed to be at end of September.

God bless in Jesus name.

fenton

praise God Susan

may God Bless you and your husband in your new church.

Keep seeking the Holy Spirit, it is a awesome gift from God.

Lifesaver

Tip:  The quest way to receife the Holy Spirit is to speak to Him directly in your mind.




Lifesaver ::kissing::

renee-1

I would say the best to receive the Holy Spirit is just tell him he is welcome in your life.

Powered by EzPortal