News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897253
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 612
Total: 612
Google (2)

Patrick Mead on our History

Started by marc, Tue Oct 13, 2009 - 21:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

marc

This is an interesting 10-part series he did leading up to the shared communion among the RM groups.  He's working through T. Campbell's Declaration and Address while telling stories of different characters from our early days in America.  I'm on lesson 5 right now, which began with the story of Racoon John Smith.

Worth the time.

The lessons are the ones in the "identity" series, and begin on the second page.

blituri

I have listened to Patrick on the Instrumental discord and I hesitate to listen more. Would you summarize what you heard in # and especially John Smith.  My suspicion is that Patrick has never read the originals.

Patrick sowed a lot of discord when he twisted all of the evidence to IMPOSE instruments

E-mail from a long term but now X member of one of Patrick Mead's sister congregations:

"This will confirm many things that you have been saying about these hijacked congregations.

It was the most efiminate thing that I have ever witnessed.  They had a choir that was totally composed of women.  This group sang a couple of performance songs and also led the congregational singing.  Only one song was acapella, a bone tossed to those that still care.  The two men besides the preacher that spoke, although married, were way off the scale in the feminine category.  It was really sad
."

I listened and took good notes and then just labelled my response with say #E
You can listen to his false teaching and then my review maybe before you begin to promote the Rochester mess.

http://www.piney.com/Patrick.Mead.html

THE NINE MUSES AND THE NINE MAGPIES The Muses work for Apollo or Abaddon.

    Lucina's aid.--Unduly puffed with pride,
    because it chanced their number equalled ours,
    these stupid sisters, hither to engage
    in wordy contest, fared through many towns;--
    through all Haemonia and Achaia came
    to us, and said;--

    'Oh, cease your empty songs,
    attuned to dulcet numbers, that deceive
    the vulgar, untaught throng. If aught is yours
    of confidence, O Thespian Deities
    contend with us: our number equals yours.
    We will not be defeated by your arts;
    nor shall your songs prevail.

If you are going to promote Patrick rather than go to the originals, please give us a summary?














marc

No, but I will tell you that he put hot coals in his sleeping, drunken teacher's pockets when he fell asleep.

For anything else, you'll have to listen yourself.  ::cool::

Johnb

Marc
Have your read "The fool of God"  A Campbells life story and "Raccoon John Smith"  They are both by Lewis Cochran and both good.

marc

No, I haven't read either one.  I read a bio of Campbell (or a history) back around 1980 and have read many histories since as well as quite a bit of his writing, but I haven't read either of these.

Just As I Am

We are currently doing a class on our history by a local fellow here with lots of knowledge, I'll be sure to send him these links.


+-Recent Topics

Powered by EzPortal