News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897256
Total Topics: 90297
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 327
Total: 328
4WD
Google

New Catholic...or want to be new Catholic

Started by Faithfullyrenewed, Mon Oct 08, 2012 - 20:48:53

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Faithfullyrenewed

UH, I'm not sure this is the greatest place to post this as it seems like this forum is used more for arguments against Catholicism than anything else. I see there is a child forum that is supposed to be safe but it does not seem to be frequented, so I am going to post this here and ignore anything not positive or related to what I am actually saying.  I want to join the Church, after a lot and lot and lot of searching, prayer, and thought. I understand a little bit about the process but I actually need a place to go and I m having difficulty there. There is really a ton of Churches around me but I guess I am a little nervous or apprehensive about just walking in the door knowing nobody at all. This shouldn't seem like an issue but the fact of the matter is that pretty much all of my friends and family are Protestant and to be truthful I do not suspect they will be all that enthused about my decision. Nonetheless, I just need somewhere to start and I don't really know where that place is. Lighthammer offered some assistance to me and that is greatly appreciated my friend, but perhaps you have a busy schedule or something and I do not want to seem impatient or ungrateful, I am just very excited about this even if a little nervous. Any input is appreciated, I don't know if it is appropriate to post my location in search of a Church, I did look through the forum rules and did not see any rules on this but have refrained from doing so anyways.

Thanks!

Faithfullyrenewed

Nevermind this is in the safehouse forum.......I am a real genius  ::frown::

Catholica

Hi faithfullyrenewed!  I sent you a private message, but since I saw your post here, I can respond here.  If you want you can private message me.  Otherwise, let me know where you are located and I can try to track one down for you that might be a good one to start at.

Rather than walking in the door, I suggest that you give the church a call and tell them that you would like to talk to a priest about becoming Catholic.  I'm certain that they would be more than happy to talk to you about it.

And don't worry about walking in.  Anyone can visit the services, and likely you can find a place in the back without anyone bothering you.  There you can observe the service, and just do what everyone else is doing, save for going up to receive communion.  At least that will give you a flavor for the mass if that is something you desire.

Contact me in private or we can talk here, if that is your desire.

Faithfullyrenewed

Hi Catholica. I responded to your PM. Thanks again for the outreach!

+-Recent Topics

Proverbs 21:2 by pppp
Today at 05:22:13

Psalm 105:15 by pppp
Today at 05:02:00

The Meaning of Foreknew in Romans 8:29 by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:43:54

The Words 'sin nature' in Scripture by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:39:46

1 John 5:1 revisited by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:23:17

We get an extra hour on Halloween night. by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:20:05

Creation scientists by pppp
Yesterday at 17:37:37

Initial faith and ongoing faith, is a distinction needed? by 4WD
Yesterday at 16:44:24

John 1:12-13 revisited. by Dave...
Yesterday at 13:07:58

The Holy Spirit, upon, in or absent in the Old Testament? by Dave...
Yesterday at 13:00:26

Powered by EzPortal