News:

Our Hosting and Server Costs Are Expensive! Please Subscribe To Help With Monthly Donations.

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897257
Total Topics: 90297
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 332
Total: 333
4WD
Google (2)

Why Christians Fail to Receive Healing

Started by lesjude, Thu Jan 17, 2013 - 11:26:29

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Denise

#35
Hello All,

First I want to apologize for not reading all of the OP's original post.  I jumped in with a lot of preconceived ideas/teachings about healing (especially faith-healers).

I have done quite a bit of study in the  ::reading:: this week, more is better but still have to fit in homework.  Yep, I am trying to "fit in" homework, not the other way around ::prayinghard::

So what I have found in a nutshell, as I don't have a lot of time to continue debating this, and honestly I don't want to do debates now that I see how much time they can take.  But on the other hand, it did get me to studying something I didn't have a good handle on in the bible (which actually, is much of the bible).  I want to say right off, I believe in faith-healing.  Although I find that healing is a gift of the Spirit, and God gives different gifts to different born-again believers.  So no matter how much faith a person has, if they don't have the gift, there won't be healing (unless God intervenes Himself). 

Everyone knows the verse "Romans 12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Serve God with Spiritual Gifts

3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Ok, so if I have the gift of healing (heals, plural so I think emotional, spiritual, mental and physical) then if I grow in faith (and exercise that gift) I could heal someone or myself.  That is what I am getting from God's Word anyway.

Faith is given in measure from God, so we each get a measure of that to start on our journey.  That is also from God (12:3 Romans)

So my final answer is, yes, healing is real if exercised by a person that has truly been given the gift, and has grown that measure of faith he was given (my interpretation from I believe the Holy Spirit).

I suggest anyone reading this thread be sure to search the Word yourself.  The verse where "we are healed by His stripes" is obvious to me that yes, we are healed from all sin because of the punishment Jesus took for us.  Yes, because of Jesus taking the punishment, and sending the Comforter (Holy Spirit) we each get our gift(s).

Also when reading the bible, I will not take what I like from it and leave the rest to suit my ego.  I do find several things wrong with the original post and do disagree, but I will leave it at "agreeing to disagree" since now I need to get back to my school-work.

a sister in Christ, Denise

lesjude

Quote
Quote from: Denise on Fri Apr 12, 2013 - 13:15:27
Hello All,

First I want to apologize for not reading all of the OP's original post.  I jumped in with a lot of preconceived ideas/teachings about healing (especially faith-healers).
Apology received. Thank you.
QuoteI have done quite a bit of study in the  ::reading:: this week, more is better but still have to fit in homework.  Yep, I am trying to "fit in" homework, not the other way around ::prayinghard::
Do you have the Acts 2:4 experience.John 14:16-18 and John 16:13-15
QuoteSo what I have found in a nutshell, as I don't have a lot of time to continue debating this, and honestly I don't want to do debates now that I see how much time they can take.  But on the other hand, it did get me to studying something I didn't have a good handle on in the bible (which actually, is much of the bible).  I want to say right off, I believe in faith-healing.  Although I find that healing is a gift of the Spirit, and God gives different gifts to different born-again believers.  So no matter how much faith a person has, if they don't have the gift, there won't be healing (unless God intervenes Himself). 
If you believe something then you practice it. James 2:20-26.

The Bible states several ways a person can be healed besides the gifts of miracles and healing. Mark 16:17-18 says those who believe NOT those who have the gifts. There is also Mark 11:24 with 1 John 5:14-15 and Hebrews 11:1 faith. There is the prayer of agreement in Matthew 18:19 and James 5:14-15
QuoteEveryone knows the verse "Romans 12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Exactly. No one will ever know for sure if God heals until they are willing to do what these verses say and trust God ALONE to heal them. The world uses the world's means and Christians "conform".
QuoteServe God with Spiritual Gifts

3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

Ok, so if I have the gift of healing (heals, plural so I think emotional, spiritual, mental and physical) then if I grow in faith (and exercise that gift) I could heal someone or myself.  That is what I am getting from God's Word anyway.
As I have pointed out the Bible cites several ways a believer can be healed. What would someone do if there was no one around with the "gifts" and they could find no elders that could pray the prayer of faith, die or stay sick? I will say many in our family would still be sick and even with the Lord if the "gifts" were the only means to be healed.
QuoteFaith is given in measure from God, so we each get a measure of that to start on our journey.  That is also from God (12:3 Romans)
Believers are responsible to exercise that faith based on God's word ALONE with no sense evidence it will ever happen and much evidence it NEVER can because that is what Bible faith (Hebrews 11:1) is. Here are some good examples: Numbers chapters 13-14 and 2 Kings 4:8-37 and all of Hebrews chapter 11.

They are also responsible to grow that faith by doing what Jude 20 and Romans 10:17 say.

QuoteSo my final answer is, yes, healing is real if exercised by a person that has truly been given the gift, and has grown that measure of faith he was given (my interpretation from I believe the Holy Spirit).
See above on other means to be healed given in the Bible.
QuoteI suggest anyone reading this thread be sure to search the Word yourself.  The verse where "we are healed by His stripes" is obvious to me that yes, we are healed from all sin because of the punishment Jesus took for us.  Yes, because of Jesus taking the punishment, and sending the Comforter (Holy Spirit) we each get our gift(s).
Here is what a correct translation says about what Jesus did on the cross for BOTH sin and sickness:
Isaiah 53:4-5

New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Surely He has borne our griefs   (The Hebrew is sicknesses)
And carried our sorrows;   ( The Hebrew is pains)
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

QuoteAlso when reading the bible, I will not take what I like from it and leave the rest to suit my ego.  I do find several things wrong with the original post and do disagree, but I will leave it at "agreeing to disagree" since now I need to get back to my school-work.

a sister in Christ, Denise


Many do "disagree". However we have lived what I have written for over 35 years. We have both the scripture and the experience. What do you have for your "disagreements"?

hammer123

Quote from: lesjude on Thu Jan 17, 2013 - 11:26:29
The Bible clearly gives the reasons and that healing is promised.

Demon possession/oppression can be a cause of sickness. Jesus cast out many demons and the result was healing. See also 2 Corinthians 7:1 for Christians needing deliverance.

  Sin is how sickness came into the world so it follows that if a believer sins and refuses all correction from God then He can chasten with sickness. Repentance brings healing.
  The healing of the sickness, not the sickness, is for the glory of God. John 9:1-3

Christians can be ill and stay ill from ignorance of the healing Jesus provided in the atonement.

Everyone gets the measure of faith from God but it is the believers responsibility to grow and exercise that faith (Romans 10:17 and Jude 20). If that responsibility is not met healing can be elusive. God can allow it to send that message of our responsibility if all else fails.

They can stay ill because they do not know what Bible faith is Hebrews 11, or how to put it to work James 2:18-26 and Mark 11:24 to receive healing. No one gets ANYTHING from God unless they exercise Bible faith. The first step is coming to God in child like trust being positive of His will in the matter based on His word.

   Sickness can simply be a trial to defeat the devil, glorify God, and refine the believer's faithfulness and character (see James 1:2-4, 1 Peter 1:6-7) which is why there is often a period of time between asking and receiving by faith and the manifestation of the healing (Mark 11:24).
Christians get sick and stay sick for abusing their bodies. Praying over ones food is VERY important for obvious reasons. It keeps us safe from all the "stuff" in it.
  Disobedience, unforgiveness, the negative things we say about ourselves, wanting to be sick to use it for control, sympathy, a hobby, ect.; involvement in the occult by Christians i.e. horoscope, ouija board, "white" witchcraft, fortunetelling, magic practices, water witching (water divining), Eastern religion like yoga all can and do result in getting sick and staying sick.
  There is a culture or climate of unbelief that is in the churches which hinders those who want to trust Jesus for healing by faith from doing so and hinders the work of healing miracles by the Holy Spirit.
  James 5:14-15 requires the elders to pray the prayer of faith to see the sick healed. If they are not healed then the elders did not meet their responsibility. God did not fail. They did. It is the responsibility for the sick to call for them as their first resort for healing and after that prayer their only resort.
All these reasons for failing to receive healing are given in the Bible. We have had to deal with many of them in our own lives and in the lives of the numerous people we have ministered healing/deliverance to. After the issues were resolved by direction of the Holy Spirit, prayer, fasting and seeking God in His word healing came. Some sadly were not resolved, often because of pride.

I pray that you don't become ill, injured or acquire a disease.   Have you ever thought that death is sometimes healing?

+-Recent Topics

Proverbs 21:2 by pppp
Today at 06:07:19

Psalm 105:15 by pppp
Today at 05:02:00

The Meaning of Foreknew in Romans 8:29 by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:43:54

The Words 'sin nature' in Scripture by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:39:46

1 John 5:1 revisited by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:23:17

We get an extra hour on Halloween night. by Dave...
Yesterday at 19:20:05

Creation scientists by pppp
Yesterday at 17:37:37

Initial faith and ongoing faith, is a distinction needed? by 4WD
Yesterday at 16:44:24

John 1:12-13 revisited. by Dave...
Yesterday at 13:07:58

The Holy Spirit, upon, in or absent in the Old Testament? by Dave...
Yesterday at 13:00:26

Powered by EzPortal