News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897253
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 1029
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 673
Total: 673
Google

American Sniper Commentary

Started by k-pappy, Fri Jan 30, 2015 - 07:14:31

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

k-pappy

This is a must read.  This guy is dead on:

http://oafnation.com/2015/01/26/american-sniper-the-voice-of-veterans/

Well, it's a new year. Welcome to 2015. This is the year we were supposed to have flying cars and hover boards. Color me disappointed.

However, what 2015 HAS given us is a voice. I say this because I just saw American Sniper yesterday. I'm not going to get into Chris Kyle as a man. I never had the privilege of knowing him. I have a few friends that operated with him, and had nothing but great things to say about him. I'm not going to sit and bitch about any Hollywood inconstancies that arise when flash and pomp take precedence over authenticity...

Spirit Filled

Moving. Deeply moving. Especially knowing going in that Chris Kyle was murdered after he got home and his tour was all over with.  He should have been free to be dad and instead was killed by a psycho.

The one horribly distracting part in this movie was the doll that Eastwood thought was a good idea to substitute as the Kyle family's new arrival. A doll! The baby actor got sick and somehow Eastwood didn't think he could call a casting agency and get another replacement live baby actor for those scenes? No one will notice?  ::frown:: 


Powered by EzPortal