News:

Buy things on Amazon? Please go to gracecentered.com/amazon FIRST and we'll earn a commission from your order!

Main Menu
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 89501
Latest: Reirric
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 897253
Total Topics: 90296
Most Online Today: 691
Most Online Ever: 28613
(Thu Aug 06, 2026 - 16:00:30)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 367
Total: 367
Google (3)

Feeling Down Continued

Started by anonymous25, Thu Jun 28, 2018 - 00:41:55

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

anonymous25

I am up another night. I am reaching out. I am really hurting. This is so hard. I have visited several churches in my area and  have never received the support I need. I am angry, frustrated, sad, I just feel sick. I just dont feel like things are getting much better. My mom, the only person I confided in is gone. I had to watch her die and I am tormented with those images almost everyday. If there is anyone out there that is really of God, not satan because I seem to keep running into that type especially in the churches in my area. I need prayer, deliverance, someone that is annointed with gifts of the spirit. I just need something real in my life. I feel like I am always being lied to. I feel now that the enemy is trying to play tricks with my mind in my weekend state. I just need someone to talk to. Can someone please help me? Private message me if so.

geronimo

Hello A-25,

I believe most of us, ( I can only promise that "I") have been where you are now. But, when I saw the following scripture, and put it into practice, I found there is  a way out. It won't work if you don't do it, but it will work if you employ it for yourself.
Philippians 4:
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, WHATEVER IS TRUE, WHATEVER IS NOBLE, WHATEVER IS RIGHT, WHATEVER IS PURE, WHATEVER IS LOVELY WHATEVER IS ADMIRABLE - IF ANYTHING IS EXCELLENT OR PRAISEWORTHY- THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS.

The idea behind this is, you can't think negative and positive thoughts at the same time. So when you start thinking of good things and blessings you can't be thinking of bad things at the same time. It may take a bit to get into the habit of doing that, and Satan will certainly do whatever he can to trip you up somehow, so you have to ignore his urgings and stick with Paul's teaching.  There's an old hymn I remember from childhood "Count your many blessings, see what God has done". I can tell you for sure, if you don't try it, it won't work. I pray that you manage to open your eyes to the blessings God has given you. Even if it's being gratreful for your vision and hearing, the ability to read, food for your body, music, ability to move about, you can go on and on and on. He blesses us with our very breath, with our lives. If you do this, after a bit, you won't believe how many things you have overlooked in thinking about the past or present things that are negative. It works.

I pray continued blessings for you.

johntwayne


Cassie2

Hello A-25,

I want to encourage you to not give up hope. Our society has fallen into a place where it is sometimes even difficult to find a helpful voice or friend in church, however I want to encourage to not give up! Although my story is different I recall a time when I felt very alone during my husband's illness (he had kidney failure). I still remember the social worker at the hospital coming in and talking to us about the severity of what we were facing and how those in our lives might not respond in the way we might think they would or should. The social worker went on to tell me how some of the harshest people they had met were religious people who found that long term illness with restrictions didn't really fit into their schedules. I still remember thinking "well my church family would never be so cruel. these people you (the social worker) was referring to must not be real Christians."  Unfortunately, about 6 months into my husbands journey church friends and family began to speak negatively about our situation and how we were ridiculous for continuing treatment, that we had probably brought this on our selves, and in our situation due to a broken down immune system my husband could not eat home made food brought in from friends or family. You can imagine the horror they had when I had to tell them he couldn't eat the food they had prepared. Not horror that he was in such a weakened state but that they had been insulted that he wouldn't eat their food. Things slowly got worse as the years passed and because we could not longer participate in outings due to dialysis treatments they'd comment, "you guys have to get over it and move on no one wants to hear your sob story." It wasn't a sob story, we couldn't participate because he was hooked up to a machine to clean his blood. I truly went into a tail spin and I found myself so confused. These were the reactions the social worker warned us about. My church people! I cried so many tears and felt so lost but in that place of confusion I found the true meaning of Christianity. I found myself searching the internet for answers and a kind voice. There I found "New Life Ministries" a Christian counseling group where you can listen to people struggling as you are and a number you could call for advice. Over the next few years I learned who Christ really was and that He would never fail me and perhaps I had put too much confidence in my church family and friends. I'm not saying its easy but who would have thought all those trials would have brought me here to tell you my story and to encourage you to not give up! Christ is worthy and He loves you despite the darkness around us. Have hope and message anytime you need a friend. Cassie

geronimo

Hi Cassie,
Welcome to Grace Centered. Quite a testimony, thank you.
Hope you enjoy your time here. All of us need an encouraging word on occasion. That might be why you're here. :-)
Continued blessings.

+-Recent Topics

Powered by EzPortal